Hunting Dog Training & More    

Popular Searches: Garmin Astro | Dog Collars | Tri-Tronics | SPORTdog

Hidden

Hidden

Postby polmaise » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Often when logging on to the board ,the notice at the foot line shows how many users are on , with often some listed as "Hidden" ?. Why would any one want to be Hidden ? You are either on line or not ?..Why is there even that option ?
It is an Open forum , so you could still visit the board and read all posts as unregistered ... Just curious why .
polmaise
GDF Junkie

Re: Hidden

Postby birddogger2 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 pm

I never thought about it one way or the other, nor cared, but I guess anonymity must matter to some folks.

RayG

I thought there was something about an IP address that comes through somewhere with each message, but I am not tech savvy.
birddogger2

Postby ezzy333 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:20 pm

Robert. It doesn't make a lot of sense o me either.
ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Postby polmaise » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:34 pm

ezzy333 , Maybe there should be Hidden Posts ? :lol:
That only those that are Hidden cant see :P
polmaise
GDF Junkie

Postby ezzy333 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:06 pm

My top concern are the members that don't show their location. It sure habdicapps potention buyers as well as sellers when you have no idea where someone is located.

Ezzy
ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Postby BuckeyeSteve » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:45 am

ezzy333 wrote:My top concern are the members that don't show their location. It sure habdicapps potention buyers as well as sellers when you have no idea where someone is located.

Ezzy

I'm with you on this, Ezzy.... I wish everyone would post a general area they are from. It should be mandatory, for more than just buying and selling. Many of us on here would be interested in trying to find hunting or training partners in our local areas. Additionally, people ask and answer questions that the answers are largely affected/influenced by geographic conditions. Hunting a Western PA grouse is very different from hunting a mountain region chuckar or a South Dakota quail or pheasant. I don't get why people don't list at least a State as a location.
BuckeyeSteve

Postby DonF » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:17 am

Darn. Had to post just to see if my location is on. I like to see that too, if mine isn't on I'll put it up.
DonF
GDF Junkie

Postby averageguy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:33 pm

One of the more useless threads I have seen. PM someone if you want to know more about them. Not difficult to do. These boards are full of lurking internet scouters who never offer any information and are just reading to get a bird report or info on a public hunting spot. Which is a darn good reason to not give up too much information.
averageguy

Postby polmaise » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:14 pm

averageguy wrote:One of the more useless threads I have seen. PM someone if you want to know more about them. Not difficult to do. These boards are full of lurking internet scouters who never offer any information and are just reading to get a bird report or info on a public hunting spot. Which is a darn good reason to not give up too much information.

I am in Scotland , so I will just pop out on my Lear Jet to snatch up some hunting spot :lol:
polmaise
GDF Junkie

Postby averageguy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Yea I know you are in Scotland. Which begs the question what possible need do you have to know which state I live in?

And BTW there are several thousand folks who lurk on this board most of whom do live in the States.
averageguy

Postby polmaise » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:50 pm

averageguy wrote:Yea I know you are in Scotland. Which begs the question what possible need do you have to know which state I live in?

Your purpose is to stir things up. Which explains in part why only a handful of the same commenters dominate this board.

And BTW there are several thousand folks who lurk on this board most of whom do live in the States.

I never asked or enquired what state You are in Sir ! Although a state of unrest or other ..in mind I also do not care .
The thread was "Hidden" ... :wink: :lol:
Take it easy mate . Have a nice day .
polmaise
GDF Junkie

Postby averageguy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:00 pm

I assumed you read your own thread. Its a pretty short read. Guess I was wrong.

No State of "unrest" here. Resting comfortably after another great day of hunting wild birds with my dog. Same plan for tomorrow, and the next ...
averageguy

Postby Sharon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:43 pm

Perfectly good question to ask Polmaise ,and abusive feedback is something I will always delete AG.
Sharon
GDF Junkie

Postby averageguy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:52 pm

Sharon wrote:Perfectly good question to ask Polmaise ,and abusive feedback is something I will always delete AG.

There is no abusive feedback from me here to delete but do as you see fit. Others notice and comment on the heavy handed and uneven admin of this site and it has lead to its severe decline in participation. In fact it is being discussed on another public Forum as we speak ...
averageguy

Postby Sharon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:04 pm

You said Polmaise's whole purpose here is to stir things up and that is why we have fewer participants here - which we don't. That is unacceptable to say to a member.

So I guess it is Polmaise's fault ( NOT) and the administrators' fault too. .. and they are talking about it on another form ??? Oh no! :)

No heavy handedness or uneven moderating here Sir. You make a tremendous contribution here , but

I'll make it perfectly clear. I tolerate a lot , but any abuse of a member I will immediately deal with.
Sharon
GDF Junkie

Postby averageguy » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:16 pm

I am chuckling at the notion Robert needs you to come to his aid. But ok.
averageguy

Postby Sharon » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Thank you for being respectful.

One reason we may have fewer members - if we do- is because we have such very experienced , well - written members here. Ones who are willing to give a lot of time in responding too.
This makes it harder for less experienced members - even me who has some experience - to participate. However, if I had to choose, I'd rather have 20 very experience, highly participating members giving advice , than 100 participating members giving advice who have very little experience .
The goal is to figure out how to have both kinds of members . No easy solution.

Goodnight.
Sharon
GDF Junkie

Return to Off Topic Forum