remember

mask

remember

Post by mask » Sat May 27, 2023 10:15 am

Please remember what this weekend means. It is about freedom and what it takes to keep it.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: remember

Post by Sharon » Sun May 28, 2023 12:17 pm

Even though I am not American , I always personally honor Memorial Day.
My father spent 5 + years overseas with the Hastings Prince Edward Regiment.
He came home a shadow of himself, destined to suffer from PTSD for the rest of his life.

Thanks to Dad and all those Americans who fought for freedom.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Sun May 28, 2023 4:23 pm

I'm actually named after an uncle who did not come back from the war. He was shot down over Germany. My brother and I grew up with a large picture of him in our bedroom. My mother had all of my dad's letters from when he was off at war -- you can see where the military censor actually cut with scissors portions of the letters that might lead some to know where he was, though she already did -- and he is reassuring her, telling her that many of the guys that went down got picked up by rescue teams. He left a young widow and child behind. She never remarried. Very difficult times.

BlessedGirl

Post by BlessedGirl » Tue May 30, 2023 10:27 pm

God bless all those who gave up their lives to fight for our freedoms. Some gave up their lives altogether, and some sacrificed the ability to ever live a normal life again.
"Heaven isn't for good people. Heaven is for forgiven people."