Beer?

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Re: Beer?

Post by slistoe » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:11 am

RyanGSP wrote:No offense guys but can you really call what you buys drink beer? Isnt it more like barley water?

I am actually surprised noone has mentioned many Canadian brews. When I go down to Arizona to see friends I am always sure to bring down a couple flats of beer for them (Kokanee, Molson, Budlight, and a couple 6's from a micro brewery in Calgary.
:lol:

If you want good Canadian Beer try some of the Big Rock offerings.
Lately I have been enjoying the Innis & Gunn Rum Finished. Excellent for a cold night in front of the fireplace.

dan v

Post by dan v » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:22 pm

Picked up a six'er of Lagunitas Sucks.....man , do I like this one.
Dan

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:49 pm

slistoe wrote:
LincolnAlexander wrote:I tried Innis & Gunn about a year and half ago, after a day spent at a hunt test, and it has been my favorite ever since. It has a very interesting and unique flavour (it is 'aged' in barrels that were used for rum, scotch, etc) - the Original is my favorite. I have only seen it sold in singles, so don't know if you could get a six-pack (though you could buy 6 singles :))
Just bought the Rum Finished. I like the Oak Cask original the best. I bought six single and the fellow put them in one bag - can I call that a six pack?
Just ordered some of the Rum finished...excited to try it! :D

TSK

Post by TSK » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:27 pm

I support the local Manhattan brewery Tallgrass. I really like the Ale, Buffalo Sweat, and occassionaly the 8-Bit. Give their beers a try if they are available in your area. Here is a link to their website http://www.tallgrassbeer.com/

The best beer though is one enjoyed (any brand) after a long, hard day of chasing birds!

dan v

Post by dan v » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:44 pm

TSK wrote:I support the local Manhattan brewery Tallgrass. I really like the Ale, Buffalo Sweat, and occassionaly the 8-Bit. Give their beers a try if they are available in your area. Here is a link to their website http://www.tallgrassbeer.com/

The best beer though is one enjoyed (any brand) after a long, hard day of chasing birds!
Me likey the 8-Bit....too bad it's quite a trip from Eureka to Manhattan or else I'd have me a brewery tour while I attend the Gordon NFT.
Dan

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:21 am

Wyndancer wrote:
TSK wrote:I support the local Manhattan brewery Tallgrass. I really like the Ale, Buffalo Sweat, and occassionaly the 8-Bit. Give their beers a try if they are available in your area. Here is a link to their website http://www.tallgrassbeer.com/

Me likey the 8-Bit....too bad it's quite a trip from Eureka to Manhattan or else I'd have me a brewery tour while I attend the Gordon NFT.
Ditto on 8-Bit and Buffalo Sweat!

Have you guys had Velvet Rooster from Tallgrass? Great name and good looking can....but I wasn't a huge fan. Guess I'm not a huge fan of tripels in general.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:26 am

At this moment I'm drinking a Rogue Chocolate Stout...pretty darn good.

dan v

Post by dan v » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:02 pm

rkappes wrote:

Have you guys had Velvet Rooster from Tallgrass? Great name and good looking can....but I wasn't a huge fan. Guess I'm not a huge fan of tripels in general.
I have discovered that I'm a big fan of IPA's and DIPA's.

Brought home a 4 pack of Surly Abrasive.....and it's very good (local to boot). But $17 for four 16's is pricey, Sierra Nevada Torpedo is nearly as good and only $14/12 pack.
Dan

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:39 am

Wyndancer wrote:
rkappes wrote:

I have discovered that I'm a big fan of IPA's and DIPA's.

Brought home a 4 pack of Surly Abrasive.....and it's very good (local to boot). But $17 for four 16's is pricey, Sierra Nevada Torpedo is nearly as good and only $14/12 pack.
Haven't had Surly Abrasive yet, but I bet its good, the entire Surly line-up is solid. Furious, Bender and Coffee Bender are real good as well. Coffee Bender is probably my favorite. I really like Torpedo as well. If you like DIPA's look for beers with high IBU's. I think Torpedo is in the high 70’s to 80’s

dan v

Post by dan v » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 am

Lagunitas Hop Stupid is like 110 IBU's...it's pretty darn good, IMO. Have to be a hop head to like it. I also tried the Indeed Midnight Ryder, a Black IPA. It's like 65-70 IBUs, I have to go look at a piece of equipment next week, and it's about a block away from the Indeed Brewery...I'll have to schedule my trip to coincide with their taproom hours. :P
Dan

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 am

Wyndancer wrote:Lagunitas Hop Stupid is like 110 IBU's...it's pretty darn good, IMO. Have to be a hop head to like it. I also tried the Indeed Midnight Ryder, a Black IPA. It's like 65-70 IBUs, I have to go look at a piece of equipment next week, and it's about a block away from the Indeed Brewery...I'll have to schedule my trip to coincide with their taproom hours. :P
I drink more of the hoppy beers in the summer months, switch to the darks in the fall and winter. Lagunitas has some real good beer though, haven't tried Hop Stupid, I'll have to add it to the list. Haven't had anything from Indeed Brewery, add them to the list as well. If you like Black IPAs you should try Deschutes Hop in the Dark, think the IBU was like 70. Hahaha, I'd definitely make that coincide with your trip!

djloder

Post by djloder » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Here is my special beer room. These only come out for good reasons. Can’t seem them all but it was the best I could squeeze in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek Lodermeier
TR GUN Derrick de L'Etoile du Nord NA-PZ1TAN http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=2204

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:22 pm

djloder wrote:Here is my special beer room. These only come out for good reasons. Can’t seem them all but it was the best I could squeeze in.
Wow!! Nice assortment! How is that Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale?

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:04 pm

djloder wrote:Here is my special beer room. These only come out for good reasons. Can’t seem them all but it was the best I could squeeze in.
Don't let the Hopslam, or any IPA's for that matter, get to much age on them. Best drank fresh IMO.
Dan

djloder

Post by djloder » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:24 pm

rkappes wrote:
Wow!! Nice assortment! How is that Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale?

It alright but that is why it is still there, i bought two.
Derek Lodermeier
TR GUN Derrick de L'Etoile du Nord NA-PZ1TAN http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=2204

djloder

Post by djloder » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Wyndancer wrote:
djloder wrote:Here is my special beer room. These only come out for good reasons. Can’t see them all but it was the best I could squeeze in.
Don't let the Hopslam, or any IPA's for that matter, get to much age on them. Best drank fresh IMO.
I like to see what happens on some of the hoppy beers after age, as I drank my fair share of them already.
Derek Lodermeier

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:29 am

Had my first Surly Abrasive Ale last night....it's pretty darn good, one to try if you like Double IPAs.

dan v

Post by dan v » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:18 pm

I have a bomber of Steel Toe Size 7 that I'm saving for the Super Bowl.
Dan

Elroy's Bandit

Post by Elroy's Bandit » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:19 pm

BillGraves wrote:I enjoy Yuengling Lager. It's a Pennsylvania brew and holds the title of "America's Oldest Brewery." MMMMMMMMM!

Bill
The Best!! This is the definition of a True American Lager. Pottsville PA. and I believe was established in 1829 or so. Hard to find West of Ohio, so road trips from Chicago to Ohio are a must. I highly recommend
Bill L.

Rdfhunter

Post by Rdfhunter » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Just scored 3 bottles of goose island bourbon county coffe stout & bourbon county cherry rye. Two crazy rare ones.
Locally for me victory brewing is as good as it gets. Long distance brands Firestone & 21st amendment .

Now if any of you guys could ship me a case of piney the elder I pay+shipping+ finders fee.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:51 pm

Now if any of you guys could ship me a case of piney the elder I pay+shipping+ finders fee.
I might be able to help you.

Rdfhunter

Post by Rdfhunter » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Lets talk.. rdf3rd@comcast.net

Runningdog

Post by Runningdog » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:55 pm

Elroy's Bandit wrote:
BillGraves wrote:I enjoy Yuengling Lager. It's a Pennsylvania brew and holds the title of "America's Oldest Brewery." MMMMMMMMM!

Bill
The Best!! This is the definition of a True American Lager. Pottsville PA. and I believe was established in 1829 or so. Hard to find West of Ohio, so road trips from Chicago to Ohio are a must. I highly recommend
Bill L.
X2

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:24 am

Rogue Mocha Porter bomber...it's one to try!

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:01 pm

rkappes wrote:Rogue Mocha Porter bomber...it's one to try!
Find yourself the Steel Toe Size 7.....it was GREAT!
Dan

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Wyndancer wrote:
rkappes wrote:Rogue Mocha Porter bomber...it's one to try!
Find yourself the Steel Toe Size 7.....it was GREAT!
Not yet...still on the hunt put a request in with the neighborhood shop, they are normally pretty good about filling requests.

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Traded some Surly Abrasive for some Heady Topper.
Dan

djloder

Post by djloder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:59 pm

Had some Surly Pentagram yesterday and this a crazy beer.

If you like sours this is a must try.
Derek Lodermeier

dan v

Post by dan v » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:07 pm

djloder wrote:Had some Surly Pentagram yesterday and this a crazy beer.

If you like sours this is a must try.
Was at Princeton's Liquor in Maple Grove...while I was deciding on what to buy, and bs'ing with employee stocking the shelves...the Pentagram (at $24 for 750ml's) was flying off the shelf. I couldn't spend that for a bottle, but could maybe by persuaded to pay a token sum for a sample.
Dan

djloder

Post by djloder » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:21 am

I only (We'll my wife) only paid $18.00 in St. Anthony and it was only $18 over by my work in Bloomington. So a little cheaper.
Derek Lodermeier

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Been a while...what's your favorite autumn/winter beer?

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:15 pm

A local spot in Columbia, MO has a Green Chile Ale. LOVE it. Reminds me of home (New Mexico) and definitely tastes like green chile. Just heard they were making a Chile Amber this fall - gonna have to head down to Columbia for a little taste.

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Has anyone mentioned McEwan's Scotch Ale yet?.. Had a friend give me some and I really liked it!.. 8)
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:00 am

RoostersMom - Can't say I've ever seen or tasted a chile beer, interesting.

SHORTFAT - Don't think anyone has mentioned McEwans. Sounds good.

A couple more to add to my list!

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Hennepin by Ommegang Brewery, especially for the holidays served in the big corked bottle.

Can't beat it.

claybuster_aa

Post by claybuster_aa » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:44 pm

A good bird dog is always the right color