HOBBIES

llewellinsetter

HOBBIES

Post by llewellinsetter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 pm

so i have so other hobbies other that hunting, saltwater fish tanks, video games and a few others. SO what does everyone else do other than the dogs??????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler

llewellinsetter

Re: HOBBIES

Post by llewellinsetter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 pm

my other hobbie that im trying to get into FALCONS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler

Angus

Post by Angus » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:28 pm

That's a nice tank!!!

I play video games, but not as much as I used to. I am into fish tanks and am planning a big tank build soon. Right now we have a 30g with a 6" bluegill and a crayfish. I plan on a 300g with bass, bluegill, catfish, etc. I also like fishing and taking walks with my wife, daughter, and dogs.

I am big into dirtbikes as well. I take weekend trips just to ride new trails in different states a couple times a year. I've been to California and back riding and just love it. I have ridden into baja mexico a couple years ago with a couple buddies from california. With owning my own business now I have slowed down a bit on the riding though. I can't afford to get hurt.

llewellinsetter

Post by llewellinsetter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:38 pm

I'm going to start a fresh water lake tank at my cottage to help boost the fish population, i have never gotten into dirtbikes but i have always wanted to. them seem like a blast. my dad made the movie from dust to glory about the baja 1000, it was really cool to see all the dig truck and buggies. Dude the guys that ride the bikes are CRAZY .

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Fly fishing/fly tying/rod building. Play the banjo a little. The only video game I've ever really gotten into was super Mario world for super nitendo. I love that game.

llewellinsetter

Post by llewellinsetter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:40 pm

I gotta try fly fishing, i want to catch a pike on a fly rod i have herd its a blast!

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 pm

Pike on the fly is a blast. Big and aggressive. Really fun fish. Carp on the fly can be fun too. Only done it a couple times though. Still haven't caught a Muskie on the fly. Steelhead is hands down my favorite though. Probably the toughest as well. Crappie on the fly is extremely underrated as well. Those little fish can be a blast if you get into some numbers.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:36 pm

I used to cycle (road) a lot. Since I got my dog that has kind of taken a back seat. A little RC airplane, airsoft, xbox. Does beer drinking count as a hobby? :mrgreen:

Benny

Post by Benny » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 pm

brad27 wrote: Does beer drinking count as a hobby? :mrgreen:
YES.

Constructive...not so much, but I didn't see that in the definition of this thread.
Oregon State University
USFS - Hotshot

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:51 am

llewellinsetter wrote: my dad made the movie from dust to glory about the baja 1000, it was really cool to see all the dig truck and buggies. Dude the guys that ride the bikes are CRAZY .

I show the movie dust to glory several times a year to my students.... I love that movie!

As far as hobbies, we have horses, and i love building and thrashing 4x4s in the woods and trails. I do several local pistol shoots through the summer, and am trying to get back into some longrange and rimfire rifle shooting.

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:47 am

Dust 2 glory was Bad Arse! Huge fan of the movie. The trophy trucks are freaking crazy.

Archery Desert mule deer was my hobby in Arizona. I think I'm going to get back out there for august archery season but try for a couse. All of these were within 45 min of phoenix. Spot and stalk only.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:36 am

foster kids, gardening, reading - a lot. Reading now, "The Last of the Mohicans".
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:49 am

Not much time off of training, raising birds and kids for me. I like to fish a bit with my boys when we can get out. I am also taking my 7 year old turkey hunting this year, he got to shoot at some ducks this winter and loves to fish/camp/ride horses. Lots of Farm ponds with big bass and crappie right now.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

deke

Post by deke » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:50 am

shooting bows, bowhunting, bass fishing, lingcod fishing, and we go to the dunes alot to ride quads. O and camping

SHNOOL

Post by SHNOOL » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Do some plinking with the pistols...
Guitar (been playing for 30 years and I still stink)...
But my other real passion is sailing. Picture below. This boat is 20+ years old, bought it last year...

Image_____________Image
DC - Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory________________Woodland's Forrest Fire - New Prospect

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:13 pm

Fishing, firefighting, building fishing poles, computers, radios, trying to start a lawn maintenance & snow removal business, now raising pigeons, quite sure I forgot a few.

Small mako I caught.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/c ... G_0551.jpg

One of my favorite wraps I did on a pole.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v24/c ... 0_0321.jpg

One of my favorite photos I took.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/c ... 1-edit.jpg

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 pm

Golf, ice fishing, river fishing, camping, music festivals, hangin’ with my nephews and nieces, deer hunting with a muzzleloader, beer tasting, eating good food, volunteering at dog shelters, hiking, mountain biking (in the process of getting a bike…looking at a Giant Roam), snorkeling.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:38 pm

fishing when I get a chance to drive 80 miles to the lake, trap shooting, amatuer gunsmithing and customizing, whiskey tasting (mostly bourbons), camping, crossbow and pistol shooting, taking pictures of dogs and pups in the field, love tinkering with stuff around the house-any little project, just enjoy working with my hands and tools

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Volunteer Zombie Apocalypse spotter.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Pocket knife collecting, fishing, camping, beer drinking...not necessarily in that order. :mrgreen:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:41 pm

Aside from the common lifeblood we all share on this forum (DOGS) I love to shoot Trap & Skeet. I would love nothing more than to have my own private Trap & Skeet field out on the 44 acres. I hope to see that through to fruition. However, If I had it my way I would win the mega millions tomorrow night and travel around to every shoot I want to attend. I could stuff Jessica's (my wife) purse full of shopping money and she'd be happy as a lark too. :lol:

I also fish. Like to sit out in the boat up on the river at night when the river is flooded up and foamy, and yank channel cats aboard.
Although, Shooting either afield or competitively takes precidence over most everything else I enjoy that you could lump into the "Hobby" catagory.

This is where I eliminated Govenor Sam Brownback (left) at a campaign fundraiser. He'a a great shooter, quite competitive, and a gracious loser. :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

codym

Post by codym » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks for doing the good work Cajun Casey!!!

mydoghasfleas

Post by mydoghasfleas » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:54 am

Love to hunt, fish, camp, hike, backpack, fish tanks, play guitar, motorcycles, and pedal bikes too. Anything to get me out and doing stuff outside and I'm easily hooked...
Heres some pix from last mountain bike season.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:27 pm

codym wrote:Thanks for doing the good work Cajun Casey!!!
Dude! Thought I had one this morning for sure! One of my own dogs, no less! Turns out he had gone sub-terra after an armadillo. Can't be too careful these days!
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

codym

Post by codym » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Keep it up man, be vigilant the day is coming! Your the first and last line of defense brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:12 pm

My hobbies has been golfing in the spring, summertime and hunting during the fall and winter. My dad taught me golfing at the age of 9 years old, family friend Frank showed me how to hunt around 11 years old. Like to travel around and play new golf courses and look for new hunting spots when I get a chance.
All single at the time and some years ago, me two other friends (Jason & Joe)went to Vegas for a golf tournament. We went over a day early for a practice around, we’ll that night I’m standing right next Joe and he hit a progressive slot machine for 10.6 million. None of use did very good in the tournament but we partied like rock stars for four days :mrgreen: . Every time I see the movie The Hangover it reminds me of that trip. Thought I would throw that in with the Big Lotto Fri.
This summer, my daughter who's almost 6yrs. is really starting to pick up the game of golf. I’ll be working with her on the golf swing this summer. My good friend Frank now lives in Utah, we always make a trip up, do a little fishing and deer hunting. Have a new pup that I’ll start training late in the summer.
Last edited by Troy08er on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

BillGraves

Post by BillGraves » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:54 am

Mt. Biking (but I try to take the pooch along there too!), hiking, backpacking, camping. I have also gotten pretty into weightlifting recently and have started doing some CrossFit things as well. I just started to make some of my own workout equipment. The first piece was a 4" diameter pvc, 5' long about 1/2 filled with water and capped to do squats and lunges and stadium stairs with to make everything unbalanced. Not sure what I'll make next!

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Shooting, wood working and combat sports
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 pm

I strated reloading for rifles about 1966. Like working with rifles. Also case bullets for a couple handguns but just a hobby for sure. Like fishing but I'm not very good at it. Photography and frame builbing from barn wood.

Here's a coffee table and a framed photo of Bodie. All the wood started out as good wood, hung on a barn better than 50yrs and then got re-cut into something I wanted.

I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

goldenpatch29

Post by goldenpatch29 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:Volunteer Zombie Apocalypse spotter.
ME TOO!.....I'm on duty tonight!

Grange

Post by Grange » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Aside from dog trialing with my setter and bird hunting with my lab and setter I love to go downhill skiing, but with my location I can't get out nearly enough. I also spend time in a gym several days a week to keep in shape for bird hunting and trialing. Recently I've been playing with my new Big Green Egg. I didn't realize how much fun and interesting smoking meat can be. I get a kick out trying to improve on my previous attempt and trying new rubs or recipes. Since I'm not in a trial this weekend (I'll be watching one on Friday) I'm thinking of trying my hand at smoking a brisket, but Easter weekend may throw a wrench in that plan.

Byrdgirl

Post by Byrdgirl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Shooting, wood working and combat sports
Georgia is a hot bed for Muay Thai and MMA. What do you train in and do you compete?
Follow our adventures at: http://gsphuntingdog.blogspot.com/
Hunting Dog Photography: http://byrddogphotography.com/

Georgia Boy

Post by Georgia Boy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:57 pm

I have not had a professional fight since 2002. Started in martial arts (karate) in the 4th grade, we lived in Chicago at that time is and it was all about form competitions and no parents wanted any real contact for their kids. Being the competitive person that I am I tired of that after a couple years and moved to a boxing gym. I began a successful amateur career and also began wrestling in high school. After high school I was hoping to make the Olympic squad but ended up going over seas instead. Upon returning home I continued to train and do some kick boxing. When MMA was first introduced in this country in the mid 90's it was a perfect fit for me, great striking and a solid wrestling base. Later at a friends gym in Atlanta I got schooled by a this geeky looking guy who had to remove his coke bottle bottom glasses before we hit the mat, he turned out to be a Gracie bb and about ripped my arm off. That was when I decided to get serious about bjj. :lol: . I fought in 3, 8 man tournaments. The first one was open weight and I lost in the 2nd round. The other 2 were 185 and under, I lost the final fight in one and made it to the finals in the 2nd but went through the ropes in a clinch. The ring had a very small apron and I went to the floor head first. They would not let me continue because of concussion. I had 3 individual fights after that for a combined record of 8 and 3 with all 3 losses coming in the tournaments. Fighting 3 times in one night is very tough, especially when you are only 160 something pounds to start with. I had a construction accident in the summer of 2002 and broke my back in 2 places, it took me about a year to rehab from that. I continue to train some and work with the areas young up and comers but have to be careful, I am in my mid 40's now and if I over do it I pay for it because of my back. Probably more than you wanted to know but other than hunting with my DD's this is my passion.
Home of the truly versatile hunting companion www.vommountaincreek.com

CherrystoneWeims

Post by CherrystoneWeims » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:25 pm

My other big passion is cooking. I love making up my own recipes for various dishes from what I have on hand. I'm actually wanting to start hiring out to cook at summer dog camps and FT's. I'm very into fresh produce and local products to cook with. I love growing my own herbs and some veggies and belong to a local CSA. My big thing to make is cheesecake. Years ago I used to make and sell them.

I also dabble in amateur bartending and making up my own drinks. My specialty is martinis!

I used to do a lot of sailing and crewed in our local Wed nite Beer Cup races and Frostbite races. Did some sailing out of Seabrook near Galveston when I lived in Houston.

I have my VFR license but am not current since I had my horse accident.
Last edited by CherrystoneWeims on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pam
Cherrystone Weimaraners
Breeding for Conformation and Performance
NFC/FC Cherrystone La Reine De Pearl
CH Cherystone Perl of Sagenhaft MH,SDX,NRD,VX,BROM
CH Cherrystone Gone With the Wind JH

asc

Post by asc » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:52 am

Hunting, mostly turkey and duck.
img008 [620x460].jpg
Not to big on fishing as a hobby since that is my chosen profession but I do make time for a little of this;
059.JPG
Oh, and beer :D
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

Byrdgirl

Post by Byrdgirl » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:47 am

I have not had a professional fight since 2002. Started in martial arts (karate) in the 4th grade, we lived in Chicago at that time is and it was all about form competitions and no parents wanted any real contact for their kids. Being the competitive person that I am I tired of that after a couple years and moved to a boxing gym. I began a successful amateur career and also began wrestling in high school. After high school I was hoping to make the Olympic squad but ended up going over seas instead. Upon returning home I continued to train and do some kick boxing. When MMA was first introduced in this country in the mid 90's it was a perfect fit for me, great striking and a solid wrestling base. Later at a friends gym in Atlanta I got schooled by a this geeky looking guy who had to remove his coke bottle bottom glasses before we hit the mat, he turned out to be a Gracie bb and about ripped my arm off. That was when I decided to get serious about bjj. . I fought in 3, 8 man tournaments. The first one was open weight and I lost in the 2nd round. The other 2 were 185 and under, I lost the final fight in one and made it to the finals in the 2nd but went through the ropes in a clinch. The ring had a very small apron and I went to the floor head first. They would not let me continue because of concussion. I had 3 individual fights after that for a combined record of 8 and 3 with all 3 losses coming in the tournaments. Fighting 3 times in one night is very tough, especially when you are only 160 something pounds to start with. I had a construction accident in the summer of 2002 and broke my back in 2 places, it took me about a year to rehab from that. I continue to train some and work with the areas young up and comers but have to be careful, I am in my mid 40's now and if I over do it I pay for it because of my back. Probably more than you wanted to know but other than hunting with my DD's this is my passion.
No it's exactly what I wanted to know. Other than our GSP's fighting is what we live for as well. Nice to know some other folks on here are into combat sports. Sorry to hear about your back...thats a total bummer. And I hear you on the 3 fight in one night thing. I fought 3 fights in 24 hours at the IKF World Championships one year....never been so sore or brusied in my life. I looked like I had body camo when I wore a bikini. Lol.

Follow our adventures at: http://gsphuntingdog.blogspot.com/
Hunting Dog Photography: http://byrddogphotography.com/

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 am

Georgia Boy wrote:I have not had a professional fight since 2002. Started in martial arts (karate) in the 4th grade, we lived in Chicago at that time is and it was all about form competitions and no parents wanted any real contact for their kids. Being the competitive person that I am I tired of that after a couple years and moved to a boxing gym. I began a successful amateur career and also began wrestling in high school. After high school I was hoping to make the Olympic squad but ended up going over seas instead. Upon returning home I continued to train and do some kick boxing. When MMA was first introduced in this country in the mid 90's it was a perfect fit for me, great striking and a solid wrestling base. Later at a friends gym in Atlanta I got schooled by a this geeky looking guy who had to remove his coke bottle bottom glasses before we hit the mat, he turned out to be a Gracie bb and about ripped my arm off. That was when I decided to get serious about bjj. :lol: . I fought in 3, 8 man tournaments. The first one was open weight and I lost in the 2nd round. The other 2 were 185 and under, I lost the final fight in one and made it to the finals in the 2nd but went through the ropes in a clinch. The ring had a very small apron and I went to the floor head first. They would not let me continue because of concussion. I had 3 individual fights after that for a combined record of 8 and 3 with all 3 losses coming in the tournaments. Fighting 3 times in one night is very tough, especially when you are only 160 something pounds to start with. I had a construction accident in the summer of 2002 and broke my back in 2 places, it took me about a year to rehab from that. I continue to train some and work with the areas young up and comers but have to be careful, I am in my mid 40's now and if I over do it I pay for it because of my back. Probably more than you wanted to know but other than hunting with my DD's this is my passion.
Good story. Traditional boxing has been my passion since I was 9 or 10 yrs. old. Injuries also ended it for me. Of course that has been MANY years ago but I still love watching a good fight and consider myself somewhat of a boxing historian. I also enjoy baseball, all though the big money has kind ruined both sports for me.

Charlie

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:10 am

Man do I feel left out...I don't have any other hobbies unless you count drinking beer and watching football. My life revolves around family, friends, and birddogs. Poor me :D .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:25 am

Ron R wrote:Man do I feel left out...I don't have any other hobbies unless you count drinking beer and watching football. My life revolves around family, friends, and birddogs. Poor me :D .
You are too modest Ron. :wink:

Charlie

thedogmother

Post by thedogmother » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Archery, bowhunting and then more Archery.

Aaronlika

Post by Aaronlika » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:55 pm

brad27 wrote:Does beer drinking count as a hobby? :mrgreen:
Of course!I like beer too.In summer I like to drink beer very much because it's delicious and wonderful!!!
God helps them that help themselves.

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Aaronlika wrote:brad27 wrote:
Does beer drinking count as a hobby?

Of course!I like beer too.In summer I like to drink beer very much because it's delicious and wonderful!!!
As old Ben Franklin said "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

I also like to fish, tie flies, and coach kids hockey.

fireangel

Post by fireangel » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Other than hunting, I like to fish both with spinning gear and with a flyrod. I do a little fly tying for the fly rod also. I also enjoy golfing, I am not very good but it is still fun. I also am a freelance artist and enjoy doing artwork in multiple media. I won't turn down the occasional beer either.

llewellinsetter

Post by llewellinsetter » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 pm

I guess i should also mention that i play hockey ALOT and i also goalie coach, my little bro is trying to decide what college he want to play at.

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:41 am

Picked up my new bike a couple weeks ago. Hadn't biked for years. Other then tight thighs and a sore bunnger its been fun. We take the mutt into the country and let her run, we follow on bikes, works pretty well.

GrayDawg

Post by GrayDawg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:33 am

Other than bird hunting, dog training, bow hunting & field trialing........ this is what you'll find me doing in the spring & summer.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/swampscott/n ... z1t37Pl8PY

Rob
May all your dog's points be productive & your arrows avoid all timber

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Great bike, I ride the SLEEK nice city bike. Back in the day during my kid racing days we all rode P.K RIPPER's by Perry Kramer. Perry is the sales rep. for Giant in the area. Giant makes great bikes.
rkappes wrote:Picked up my new bike a couple weeks ago. Hadn't biked for years. Other then tight thighs and a sore bunnger its been fun. We take the mutt into the country and let her run, we follow on bikes, works pretty well.

Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

QuillGordon

Post by QuillGordon » Thu May 03, 2012 10:29 am

Stalking trout in small streams

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 pm

I dig to read (horrible reading level and comprehention, though), write and learn. If you ever thinnk you know it all or that you can't improve on something, you better check yourself. I love to study and apply management concepts and finance, though haven't had much chance yet.

Photography. I plan on taking a trip around the country and take photos of the nicest birddog kennels and facilities around then put it all into a coffee table book.

Leatherwork - usually inline with dogs, like custom collars, leads and transmitter holsters - and building/fixing things. Built a few bird pens, johnny houses, dog boxes, flight pen, web sites, etc.

Last edited by Stoneface on Sat May 05, 2012 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sat May 05, 2012 12:38 pm

rkappes wrote:Picked up my new bike a couple weeks ago. Hadn't biked for years. Other then tight thighs and a sore bunnger its been fun. We take the mutt into the country and let her run, we follow on bikes, works pretty well.

I just bought this bike not too long ago. Decided I need to get a little more physical and needed another alternative to road to the dogs. I attached a chain to the frame near the rear sprockets and I can barely feel the dogs pulling. Nice, nice bikes.

www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle