Rock Chalk Choke

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Rock Chalk Choke

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 am

Hardy har har! It's almost mandatory if you're from Missouri that you despise KU. In my case, it's just a mellow dislike. But the loss was enjoyed by my best buddy from Mississippi that grew up in Kentucky! He's my rabbit hunting friend and he and his family bleed "Cat-blue" so it was a good win for our "hunting group." The beagles probably all got a pint of ale last night!

jimssetters

Re: Rock Chalk Choke

Post by jimssetters » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:44 am

Ok how many Jayhawk fans on here said haha Missouri stinks they lost first? 2nd not bad when your beat by a team like that. :lol:

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:46 am

Far from a choke, Kentucky was the better team. The Hawks were picked to be an NIT team this year and finished 3rd in the Big 12. Not a bad year IMO. Do you know that Connor Teehan (player for KU) has two final four appearrances? That is Two more than the entire history of the Mizzou basketball Program. He also has a Ch ring from the 08 season, it gets worse for Mizzou now. That is one more than ALL of Mizzou athletics. :lol:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:39 am

This year's KU team is probably the best 2nd half team in college basketball history. As we all saw last night, UK is just to talented to dig yourself that kind of a hole and try to crawl your way back out of in the last 20min.

Things are looking refreshing for Mizzou fans though. Instead of getting pounding by Kansas on a regular basis, they can look foward to really getting pounded by UK on a much more regular basis in the SEC.

MO_GSP

Post by MO_GSP » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:59 pm

now if kansas could just get some of their hoops players and cheerleaders to strap on helmets maybe just maybe they could be competitive... nah pretty doubtful

Onk

Post by Onk » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:28 pm

How do you get the KU grad off your porch?.....pay him for the pizza! MIZ :lol:
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

TraditionsGSPs2010

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:26 pm

A Mizzou fan and a Chicken hawk are hunting when they stumble upon a sheep with its head stuck in the fence. The Mizzou fan says.... I'm sure you all have been around long enough to know how this one ends.... something about the Chicken hawk sticking his head through the fence.

It's too bad it is the end of the best rivalry west of the Mississippi. I know we left for the SEC but if the shoe were on the other foot we all know you guys would have made the same decision. Just seems like the athletes and the fans are going to get the short end of the stick on this one.

ZOU!!!!
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:13 am

Put this in your pipe and smoke it... 172-95 :lol:

hunterw/newhobby

Post by hunterw/newhobby » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:23 am

I'm a mizzou fan to preface my comments. Bill Self should have gotten coach of the year and it shouldn't have been close. Haith got a team full of veteran leadership and taught them to play a solid defense. They looked good against undisciplined teams and were competitive against good teams. It was fun to watch but Mizzou picked a terrible time to play sub-par defense in their last game. Self took a "rebuilding team" and taught them to play great defense, most of the time in the second half of the season, and out coached most the teams he faced. Kentucky shows us whats wrong with college basketball as most of the starting 5 now enter the draft after being a "college student" for 6 months. College sports are really starting to annoy me because of all the money, reason MU is going to SEC, and now its breaking up awesome rivalrys all over the country. I'll get off my soap box now because if not this could be a really long post. Nice run KU, and the rivalry will be missed in basketball, cant really count football as a rivalry the last 10 years or so (usually just an easy win).
Ross

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 pm

I have really enjoyed some of Thomas Robinson's highlights that they have been showing over and over now that he is going to the NBA, including the one where he knocks Flip Pressey down at the end of the MU KU game. No foul call required.

Kmack

Post by Kmack » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Big Dave wrote:I have really enjoyed some of Thomas Robinson's highlights that they have been showing over and over now that he is going to the NBA, including the one where he knocks Flip Pressey down at the end of the MU KU game. No foul call required.
I don't remember that, but I do remember that he was hospitalized for three days to repair all the damage from the mauling he took in Columbia - no fouls called there either... Things have a way of leveling out.

TraditionsGSPs2010

Post by TraditionsGSPs2010 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:29 pm

Anyone who states they are a Mizzou fan and then goes on to say that a Self deserved the B12-2-2+2 COY award is like someone saying I'm a supporter of the NRA but I agree with Eric Holder's anti-gun policies.

Say what you want about college sports but your only fooling yourself to think that it has become all about money. New flash, its always been about the money. Mizzou has tried to fix the problems started with the creation of the Big 12 for years but it never happened. heck, us creating Homecoming was one of the best marketing ideas in sports history!

When other members of our formal league made it public they were looking around, Mizzou did what was in the university's best interest. Again, KU would have done the same thing had the offer been there. Don't think for a second they weren't sweating the worse case scenario... the league dissolving.

And now I will politely step off the soapbox...
David Hughes
Traditions Shorthairs

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Big Dave

Post by Big Dave » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:03 pm

Anytime I hear the term Jayhawk I can't help but think of the opening scene of The Outlaw Josey Wales.

jarbo03

Post by jarbo03 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:10 pm

Big Dave wrote:Anytime I hear the term Jayhawk I can't help but think of the opening scene of The Outlaw Josey Wales.
I think of the woman wanting to buy wheat and molasses at the store.