fake reality tv shows

gotpointers

fake reality tv shows

Post by gotpointers » Thu May 10, 2012 2:16 am

Just a rant and some questions on fake shows, tru tv airs shows as lizard lick towing, south beach repo. Obviously fake IMO. Even thought they call themselves tru tv.

What i have questions on is auction hunters, storage wars american pickers. I find it very hard to belive that they can find all this great stuff then find an expert willing to pay them top dollar after an over exaggerated apprasial in every town they visit. Same thing with pawnstars and hardcore pawn. How beliveable is it that there are that many crazy people in detriot?
What i am trying to find out has anyone or does anyone here have any stories where they have any firsthand experience with these characters? Scripted i say.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: fake reality tv shows

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 am

I like Pawn Stars but I hate, hate, hate Hardcore Pawn. They are the biggest rip offs I have ever seen. My wife watches it or I wouldn't even tune into that show. Hardcore Pawn reminds me a lot of the pawn shops around where I live. At least on Pawn Stars they try and give them a reasonable price for their items where they can still mark it up and make a profit for themselves. On Hardcore Pawn it just seems like they try and scam people out of their items.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu May 10, 2012 10:27 am

I hate all of it... except maybe swamp people, I love it when people talk with rocks in their mouth. :lol:

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:29 pm

We have a friend whose cousin was on American Pickers here in MO. There show is pretty easy nowdays. I don't think they have to find stuff people are calling them to either come by their place or telling them of someone who has a ton of stuff. SCK

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu May 10, 2012 3:43 pm

ACooper wrote:I hate all of it... except maybe swamp people
I love that show as well but have you noticed that the narrator grossly mis-judges the weight (purposely or not). He will call a 30lb gator 200lbs as one guy or gal is holding it and pulling it in the boat by the head with one hand.

shooot em lizbit shooot em

got us ah treeshaka
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu May 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Consider yourself lucky Tom my wife loves teen mom and cupcake wars along with project runway.
Ron you have a talent of putting their secret language to printed words
i also agree 100% there is no way an 11 ft gator should be less than half the length of a 14 ft boat.
Scott there is something about Danielle that i really like.
I love the Robertsons and their duck dynasty show. I just can't completely relate to them since i never see them drink beer.
Ton and his AUCTION HUNTING buddy are full of $"""! IMO.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:50 pm

I watch Ax Men, Swamp People, Sons of Guns and American Guns religiously. I used to tune into Bayou Billionaires and My Big Redneck Vacation as well as My Big Redneck Wedding as well. They remind me of some of my family back in Missouri. :lol:

My wife does watch Teen Mom and Cupcake Wars but I go in the bedroom and watch tv then. Real Housewives of Atlanta, Southern Nights, and Mob Wives are a few other shows she watches that I can't handle.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu May 10, 2012 7:00 pm

IMO, there is no such thing as real in "reality shows".

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Bird Dog 67

Post by Bird Dog 67 » Thu May 10, 2012 7:38 pm

I have a link to a Storage Wars snafu that has some pretty solid evidence that it's not all on the up and up. It has some salty language so if you want to see it PM me and I'll share it with you.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu May 10, 2012 7:43 pm

Ron R wrote:
I love that show as well but have you noticed that the narrator grossly mis-judges the weight (purposely or not). He will call a 30lb gator 200lbs as one guy or gal is holding it and pulling it in the boat by the head with one hand.

got us ah treeshaka
Oh for sure, everything has to be sensationalized!

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Fri May 11, 2012 6:51 am

ACooper wrote:
Ron R wrote:

got us ah treeshaka
Oh for sure, everything has to be sensationalized!
It looks like they are gonna be in a life or death situation this week even though we all know there's a camera crew in another boat right there.

smoothbean

Post by smoothbean » Tue May 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Here is a good story about Sons of Guns.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/30 ... hoops.aspx

I think this is funny, I really think Will a Fake Tool. I bet they never tell that part of the story on tv.
I like Swamp People. Unfortunately Mitchell Guist died. He and his brother Glenn alnog with Troy are my favorites on the show.
Duck Dynasty is pretty good too. All those guys crack me up.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue May 15, 2012 8:17 pm

We don't have t.v., just Netflix for movies. Thought I'd miss it, but going on 4 years - I don't miss t.v. much at all.

I'd challenge all of you with kids to try a month without t.v. You sure find out that you spent an awfull lot of time watching the tube!

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Tue May 15, 2012 8:28 pm

You do not fake anything when you treble hook a gator that is all REAL! 8) 8)
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

brad27

Post by brad27 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:00 pm

RoostersMom wrote:We don't have t.v., just Netflix for movies. Thought I'd miss it, but going on 4 years - I don't miss t.v. much at all.

I'd challenge all of you with kids to try a month without t.v. You sure find out that you spent an awfull lot of time watching the tube!
+1, minus the kids.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed May 16, 2012 11:44 am

smoothbean wrote:Here is a good story about Sons of Guns.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/30 ... hoops.aspx
I tired pretty quickly of that tool will trying to act cool and portay like he is a bad a$$.
RoostersMom wrote:We don't have t.v., just Netflix for movies. Thought I'd miss it, but going on 4 years - I don't miss t.v. much at all.
How do you keep up with football and baseball?
smoothbean wrote:I like Swamp People. Unfortunately Mitchell Guist died.
I seen that yesterday, horrible news. I wonder how his brother is taking it.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu May 17, 2012 6:21 am

Is that Mitchell Guist one of the two brothers that don't gator hunt but catch the crawfish and gars?

And speaking of the gun shows. American Guns if i was him i wouldint have my jailbait daughter being shown like that. Tired of the slowmotion shots at eggs and bottles they shoot. Then the outhouses that explode.

Quality tv to me is Modern Marvels. I don't really care about a lot of the subjects but find it extremely interesting and educational.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu May 17, 2012 10:41 am

gotpointers wrote:And speaking of the gun shows. American Guns if i was him i wouldint have my jailbait daughter being shown like that.
Yeah what is the deal with that? Trying to appeal to the pervs? She looks 15-16 years.
gotpointers wrote:Quality tv to me is Modern Marvels. I don't really care about a lot of the subjects but find it extremely interesting and educational.
I also really like Modern Marvels and How its made.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu May 24, 2012 1:04 am

I also really like Modern Marvels and How its made.[/quote]

I agree, how its made is another favorite of mine. Just viewed the modern marvels on jay lenos steam cars today. That guy has some cool toys.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 pm

I can't stand any of those reality shows, especially "5 wives." I mostly watch documentaries, biographies and sports.

"The Dog" was booted off his network this week.. I'm heartbroken. :wink:
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu May 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I haven't viewed 5 wives but if the title reflects what it is i would think that would be pretty close to 5 wardens.
But DOG, leland and baby lisa is THE one show that my entire family will watch without complaint.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Fri May 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Nugent had some manner of reality show on at one time....took kids into the country and tried, and failed, to pull off the tough guy act to awe the city kiddies.
Took a chain saw with a long bar and tried to cut a whippy shrub.....pulled the bar into his knee.
He limped away with a small cut and later, a big bandage.
His and the other reality shows, paid actors or not, rate right along with pro wrasslin' and often appeal to those who need to see someone esle's life just a bit worse than their own.
I'm afraid the reality show gimmick to draw market share is far from over.

MO_GSP

Post by MO_GSP » Fri May 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Come on I smell a bunch of liars, I know each and every one of you are secret fans of JERSEY SHORE!!!!!!!!

Lol I will admit I've watched it and other similar shows, do I expect it to be true "true reality" heck no but neither is that dreadfull greys anatomy or ER where they make miracles happen every episode but the truth is if it entertains me for awhile I will watch it, if it doesn't well then I change it or go outside. And yes I've been entertained by J Shore and several of those wives shows that my fiance watches in which I usually hate but sometimes find it fun to watch and poke fun at how outlandish those people are.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sun May 27, 2012 5:10 pm

MO_GSP wrote:Come on I smell a bunch of liars, I know each and every one of you are secret fans of JERSEY SHORE!!!!!!!!

Lol I will admit I've watched it and other similar shows, do I expect it to be true "true reality" heck no but neither is that dreadfull greys anatomy or ER where they make miracles happen every episode but the truth is if it entertains me for awhile I will watch it, if it doesn't well then I change it or go outside. And yes I've been entertained by J Shore and several of those wives shows that my fiance watches in which I usually hate but sometimes find it fun to watch and poke fun at how outlandish those people are.
Take it from someone who has been married for 16 years. Do not watch chick flicks with the signifigant other unless you keep up with the actor as far as the chivalry and romance being portrayed. I was cussed out and cut off after watching 50 first dates with my wife. :?

dakotashooter2

Post by dakotashooter2 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:19 am

I get a kick out of "Dance moms".............. 300 lb instructors teaching kids to dance.................LOL