Public Dog Wash??

Ghosted3

Public Dog Wash??

Post by Ghosted3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:30 am

Do they have these in your areas, and if so do you use them or stay away? One popped up in my area (dont remember the cheesy name) but it has a ramp for the dogs to walk up to the table, then different shampoos to choose from and a sprayer, but its kinda like a miniature car wash. I havent seen anything like it in cities around my area so I was just wondering if more were out there. Would you guys use one, or would you stay away from it because of the possible contaminates that could be in there from previous dogs like parvo ect ect.

Corry

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Re: Public Dog Wash??

Post by wems2371 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:12 am

I'm near the Quad-Cities and I've seen an ad for one in Clinton, Iowa--I think it was. It's owned by and at a car wash. I've never seen it, so I don't have a clue what it's like. The local farm store has a 1x or 2x a year flea dip deal too. Never seen it either. I'd probably just stay away from it. I keep skunk stuff, flea shampoo, and plain old dog shampoo on hand...and it's just too easy to do it myself at home. If I was on the road though, and my dog got into something bad (skunk, deer poop, etc) and I had no place to clean, I'd probably use it.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:02 am

I just drove by the place while taking my daughter to day care and its called "Ruff Stuff Cleaning" its about 10-12ft wide and looks 4ft deep and 6-7ft tall. I might have to stop in there sometime to see if it does operate like a car wash lol.

Corry

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:01 am

We have this company where I am.

www.sloppydogwash.com
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:03 am

I am gonna have to go by there this weekend and take pictures of this lil rinky dink place for you guys to see. It is interesting to say the least.

Corry

stolhma

Post by stolhma » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:51 am

I've used one where I live. Start and finish by rinsing the wash basin with the disinfectant selection. The blow dryer even has foo-foo scent to make your dog smell better. They're OK just be sure to disinfect the wash basin before & after. I always assueme the person before me didn't disinfect when they finished.
“No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich"

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:31 am

We have them here and they are popular with people with large breeds. Really great equipment for getting the job done.

I don't see it as a health issue at all. No different than going to a park or to Petco or going anywhere else for that matter. Generally the places by me are groomers too.

For $20 its a good deal if your dog is too large to bath at home.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:30 am

The groomer we use for the little dogs have a self wash area. They clean it after you use it, set the blow dryer at high or low, dremmel nails, and will brush teeth.

I paid $100 for a 10 wash card. It's an additional 5-8 for nails and I haven't had my dogs teeth brushed.

It's well worth the money for cleaning the dog after they swim in the ponds, run through mud, get dusty from the grounds at the FT....

brad27

Post by brad27 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:45 pm

ultracarry wrote:The groomer we use for the little dogs have a self wash area. They clean it after you use it, set the blow dryer at high or low, dremmel nails, and will brush teeth.

I paid $100 for a 10 wash card. It's an additional 5-8 for nails and I haven't had my dogs teeth brushed.

It's well worth the money for cleaning the dog after they swim in the ponds, run through mud, get dusty from the grounds at the FT....
It's a nice place. Do you think they would do Lucy's nails again? :lol:

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:15 am

How much extra are the little pink bows, or is that included? :lol:
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:48 am

Garrison wrote:How much extra are the little pink bows, or is that included? :lol:
The local groomer here does hair cut, gland squeeze, bath, nails, and males get a blue folded down neckerchief, and females get a pink one, and for 25$ cant really complain too much either. Then again central Illinois is fairly low cost of living.

Corry

Munster

Post by Munster » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:10 pm

I have been know to stop at the car wash and just use the sprayer to wash the dogs. Especially if they get into something nasty. One time, Max rolled in something so rank, I was puking out the car window. When I got to the car wash the sprayer was blowing chunks of whatever it was he rolled in all over the place.

Now keep in mind, I am not holding the spray nozzle all the way down. I dont squeeze it at all. It works good. A little turtle wax does wonders for the coat too! :wink:
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Munster wrote:I have been know to stop at the car wash and just use the sprayer to wash the dogs. Especially if they get into something nasty. One time, Max rolled in something so rank, I was puking out the car window. When I got to the car wash the sprayer was blowing chunks of whatever it was he rolled in all over the place.

Now keep in mind, I am not holding the spray nozzle all the way down. I dont squeeze it at all. It works good. A little turtle wax does wonders for the coat too! :wink:
Invest in that new turtle wax ice that repels dirt and you might be set for 4-6 months at a time :D

Corry

Munster

Post by Munster » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:45 am

Ghosted3 wrote:
Munster wrote:I have been know to stop at the car wash and just use the sprayer to wash the dogs. Especially if they get into something nasty. One time, Max rolled in something so rank, I was puking out the car window. When I got to the car wash the sprayer was blowing chunks of whatever it was he rolled in all over the place.

Invest in that new turtle wax ice that repels dirt and you might be set for 4-6 months at a time :D

Corry
Ha Ha Ha.

I just think it isnt needed to have a pet wash at a car wash. The hoe for the car is just as good. But, I probably wouldnt use the pet wash because of illnesses from other dogs?
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:30 am

I've used the local pet wash multiple times - mostly for foster dogs, but most recently for a friend's setter that had been snake bit while they were out of town. I needed to bring him from the kennel into our home to keep a good eye on him and flush out the wound - and he was pretty stinky from being a kennel dog only. 10 minutes in the doggie wash and he was much improved in the "smell" category.

Ours has a disinfectant, but since most dogs I take thru there are fully vaccinated, I haven't thought to use that function - but maybe it's a good idea.

Savage Destiny

Post by Savage Destiny » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 pm

The grooming shop I work at also has U-wash tubs available. I don't know about other places, but we are clean freaks! We clean between each dog and bleach the tubs out multiple times throughout the day, plus a final time at night for all of them. Dog washes usually have perks like extra strength shampoos for dirty beasts and blow dryers to help get rid of extra coat, sand, cheat grass, etc. Plus you don't have to clean up when you're done!