PGA Championship Pool

rkappes

PGA Championship Pool

Post by rkappes » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:17 am

Hey Everyone!

Not sure if anyone is interested in this but figured I would spread the word. I’m a golf nut and I run pools for the (4) major golf championships each year. The last is the PGA Championship on Thursday, August 9th.

I normally have 27-30 entries per pool and pay 1st – 3rd. I’ll do the same depending on the number of entries. Once I have everyone’s players I send out an attachment that includes all the picks so you can keep track as the tournament goes. The pools are a ton of fun!

Here are the payouts from the British Open.
1st place - $200
2nd place - $50
3rd place - $20

Entry Fee: $10

How it works:
Pick a total of 8 players. Give me your top 7 and the 8th is a tie-breaker if needed. The winner is based on the money earned at the PGA Championship.

Deadline: You have until tee off to submit your picks.

Payment: Please send the $10 entry via PayPal r_kappes@hotmail.com

If you’re interested and/or have any questions let me know.

Thanks,

Ryan

Southwind

Re: PGA Championship Pool

Post by Southwind » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:09 pm

Did anyone in your pool have John Daly? Is that what's called a long shot?

rkappes

Post by rkappes » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:32 am

Southwind wrote:Did anyone in your pool have John Daly? Is that what's called a long shot?
One person but only as a tie breaker. Haha, yeah, I suppose that would be considered a long shot. Although Daly has won two majors. I doubt Daly will play well all four days, I hope he does as he's one of my favorites.

You a golfer Southwind?

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:24 am

Yeah, Daly was always one of my favorites growing up. I used to play competitive through school, but men's club is about as competitive as I get now. I am a lefty so besides Big John and Freddie, I don't have to tell you who my favorites are.

Daly had a good week last week and has been playing quite a bit on the Euro tour this season with decent results. Where he won the PGA in '91 at Crooked Stick was another Pete Dye course like they are playing this week. I think everyone would like to see JD pull one off.