Does anyone know what this could be?

Stoneface

Does anyone know what this could be?

Post by Stoneface » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:25 pm

I got off at 9 pm last night and had been feeling a little nausious. By the time I made it to the pickup the right side of my body was numb, I had a splitting headache and I couldn't see anything I mean, my vision was almost identical to when you look at the sun then look away and can be looking directly at something in front of your face and not see it. Jut a big ol' blind spot. I thought maybe I needed something to eat so I stopped by Taco Bell (even had to drive with my had turned because I couldn't see the road if I looked at it straight on), but it didn't make a difference. I got up to the truck stop and parked for awhile, laid across the seat in the pickup and took a nap. When I got up about an hour later it was still hanging with me.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Kiki's Mom

Re: Does anyone know what this could be?

Post by Kiki's Mom » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Sounds like a trip to the DR is in order, & sooner rather then later!!!!

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:33 pm

If something like that happened to me, I would go to the nearest ER. It could be something as simple as a migrane or as serious as a stroke.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:35 pm

birddogger wrote:...could be something as simple as a migrane or as serious as a stroke...
+1

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:46 pm

I had a friend post something to me about it being a "Migraine With Aura." I read it and it described it to a T, except that the headache wasn't to the point that you would think to describe it as a migraine. I mean, the headache sucked, but it wasn't bad like a migraine. I started getting migraines before my first finals week in college and it was so bad I thought I was hemoraging or something. I mean, it didn't don on me that it could have just been a headache, I thought something was wrong. Last night was jut a really bad headache. Either way, I don't get insurance for another two months, so it look like it's BUAD time until then. ;)
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:00 pm

I am not a medical person and am not trying to diagnose or give medical advice but if you are prone to migraines, you can have the symptoms you describe without actually having the typical migraine headache. Just a thought. It probably could be any number of things but only a Dr. will be able to properly diagnose the problem.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Like the rest here not a DR.but does numbness go with a migrane?? I have had migranes myself but don't ever recall numbness.
Could be a (TIA),in simple terms a mini stroke & nothing to take litely you should see a Dr.now!! Insurance or not.

cstokes/southeast,ks

Post by cstokes/southeast,ks » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Migraines do not cause right sided numbness. TIA or a stroke will. Yes a TIA is a mini stroke, but they are usually indicators that a more serious stroke could be in the future. You may consider keeping an eye on your blood pressure as well as seeing your pcp.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:12 pm

no matter how much the dr would cost, your life in more valuable, and i don't even know you :lol: go to the doctor

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

This describes it to a T. I'm sure it's just the migraines. I'll ride it out for the next two months then get a doctor to give me a script. Thanks for all the posts, folks!
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:39 pm

Squint your good eye on Google and look up "brain aneurysm". Sudden headache, nausea, change in vision, numbness on one side...leaking aneurysm symptoms. Don't be stupid and play around, if you ignore stroke or aneurysm symptoms, your next of kin could very well be trying to place your dogs before long.

Go to the ER.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Stoneface wrote:This describes it to a T. I'm sure it's just the migraines. I'll ride it out for the next two months then get a doctor to give me a script. Thanks for all the posts, folks!
If the attack was half as bad as you describe anyone with an ounce of sense that doesn't have a death wish would have had someone drive you to the ER rather than you endngering someone elses life as you did driving to Taco Bell. That just doesn't add up. Half of the body numb and can't see should be as much warning as anyone would need. Know you don't have health insurance but sure hope you have life Insurance so you can cover the bills someone will have to pay.

If this sounds harsh, I'm glad as someone needs to take care of you since you don't seewm to be able to.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

crewzm

Post by crewzm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:28 pm

I am not a Dr. by any means, but am a paramedic. Two things come to mind. First a TIA Transient Ischemic Attack, (lack of blood flow to part of the brain) essentially a mini stroke that is only temporary with no lasting deficits. The second is very very high blood pressure often causes nausea and visual disturbances. Neither are good and you need to see a Dr. ASAP.

Mike

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:47 pm

+1 on Ezzy's post.

Go to emerg now. Those are very likely symptoms of a heart problem/ stroke- TIA/ blood clot in the heart or head

http://www.heartandstroke.com/site/c.ik ... _Signs.htm
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:56 pm

Appreciate the advise, but I'm really not looking for any. Was just wondering what it could be and I think we've pretty much covered the spectrum. Thanks for all the input, all.
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:43 am

:?

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:02 am

If you had an arrow sitcking in your A**, would you wait two months for insurance to get it out? I'd go see a reg doctor I think is money is that big a problem. ER's cand be horribly expensive. If you go to an ER, don't go to a privately own one. All they have to do is stablize you and send you away. At least thar's what Oregon does.
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:16 am

And this years Darwin award goes to. :roll: This is why women statistically live longer than men.
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:31 pm

It was an overall expression of confusion. I was however being intentionally vague so as to spare Stoneface, and yet make people think. Not being one to usually openly insult people, I went for a summary of my whole feelings on this thread. Confused.
Sadly, I am not feeling up to letting it slide, as I am sure I should.
This thread is confusing on many levels.
1) This is a gundog forum. Why would someone ask a question here relating to their personal health?
2) It sounds dangerous and certainly not worth repeating, so again why would someone go to a gundog forum and ask such a question?
3) Sound advice was given in reponse but the OP does not want that advice.
4) This is a PUBLIC forum. Are you forgetting it is a world wide forum? Again, confused with the personal health questions.
5)The OP is posting irrelevant questions, which are being answered anyway, most likely out of deference to the fact that no one want him to die. Armed with answers that he asked for, the reponse is given that they did not infact ask for advice. Perhaps technically not, but they certainly put themselves out in the open.
Garrison, often in life WHAT IS NOT SAID is what truley matters!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Laura, good post. When I first read this I didn't know what to think but then as it progressed all I could think of is the innocent people who were put at risk and I responded harshly but it was a waste of time.

Looking back at this whole scenario I really think this never happened. There is no one stupid enough to experience this and react like Stoneface has. You don't have near death experience and decide to ignore it because he doesn't have insurance. Makes absolutely no sense. And now that you mention that this is a personal problem and not about his dogs, and is still put up here asking for answers which he then says he doesn't want was a fact I just didn't think about.

I think the answer is to just lock or delete this whole thread and maybe we can all get back to something we are all interested in and able to answer. This whole thread is just on notch below someone going to a vet for his health care. And I am not running down our vets or the people on this forum but rather someone that would ask this question on a gun dog forum. No one is that stupid.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.