my my how life changes.......

jimbo&rooster

my my how life changes.......

Post by jimbo&rooster » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:58 pm

So as I sit here covered in scrambled eggs, and having just done battle with my 8mo old daughter for an hour trying to get her to go to sleep....... I cant help but remember a time in my life when my night started at 8 oclock and my only concern was which bar to go too..... :D :D :D

Oh well it could be alot worse.

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

raven34

Re: my my how life changes.......

Post by raven34 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Jim This is HILARIOUS!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: So true.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Yup. Could have been strained peas. Heck, could have been twins. Wait'll you get to be my age and figure out the reason people are ignoring your phone calls is because they died.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

asc

Post by asc » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:35 pm

Lord, how true and funny... last post is where I'm at now. :) :)
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

twofeathers

Post by twofeathers » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:45 pm

My daughter had her first "cycle" today :oops: . So now wife at beginning of month and daughter at end of the month. I may need more dogs. :D

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:49 am

Just wait until they are teenagers and you're up late waiting for them to get in. And they keep telling you how it is amazing that you don't know anything about anything.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:44 pm

My daughter had her first "cycle" today . So now wife at beginning of month and daughter at end of the month. I may need more dogs.
I feel for ya. My daughter is grown now tho, she just took on a new job in Omaha so she will be moving back from Hastings. She is a RN. The boy is doing football and band what a spread.

Hows the birds looking up yer way? Was kicking the idea of doing New Hamptons Davis rally.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:41 am

I remember 6 years ago before I met my wife attending college and coaching football at the same time also doing a lot of partying with the players and now I have a 5 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. Both boys and the 5 year old started school about 2 weeks ago. He doesn't understand daddy works nights so on all my days off I have to switch my schedule around so I can get up at 7 am to take him to school because he likes daddy to take him as opposed to mommy. Oh well it is worth it to see how happy he is when I drop him off at the front doors of the school. Days off spent hanging out at home with my 3 1/2 year old are well worth it as well.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:47 am

You have all been told this but I will reiterate it...ENJOY those young years. They DO fly by SO fast. Before you know it you are dealing with a kid who quits college, looses his part time job, spends evenings with buddies smokin weed, trying to find a job, lacks ANY motivation, sleeps till 10am, has $2.38 in his checking account and will not move out! Oh wait, did I say that out loud...sorry. We do have 2 beautiful daughters though. :)

armand

Post by armand » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:52 pm

aw the day will come when they will have little ones of there own
and guess who will spend time starting all over again? i say the more grankids the better they go home, i have 15

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:07 am

It's all good

SCT

Post by SCT » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 am

PntrRookie wrote:You have all been told this but I will reiterate it...ENJOY those young years. They DO fly by SO fast. Before you know it you are dealing with a kid who quits college, looses his part time job, spends evenings with buddies smokin weed, trying to find a job, lacks ANY motivation, sleeps till 10am, has $2.38 in his checking account and will not move out! Oh wait, did I say that out loud...sorry. We do have 2 beautiful daughters though. :)
Yup, cherish those youngsters....and their youngsters.. Got my first granddaughter 3 months ago. She is soooo beautiful, and I miss her if I don't see her every couple of days. Life is good!