Honda Ridgeline

High Voltage

Honda Ridgeline

Post by High Voltage » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Anyone have any experience with this truck? I was in an accident & totaled our car so we need a new vehicle. Went looking yesterday at small SUV's and saw a '07 Honda Ridgeline that I really liked & would work for our needs. I'm just looking for real use info on them. This would be used for an everyday vehicle, to & from work, about 70 miles round trip, hauling dogs for training, sometimes in a dog trailer. Every once & awhile taking customers to lunch. Thanks for any info!

SHORTFAT

Re: Honda Ridgeline

Post by SHORTFAT » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:03 pm

I bought mine new in 2006 and love it. it has 160,000 miles on it now. I have put gas in it, changed the oil and put brakes on it... that's it. Lots of room for the family... Drove every mile like I stole it too... The mileage isn't as good as I had hoped... 18-23, but I drive hard... i'd buy another in a second... no hesitation at all. Love it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

High Voltage

Post by High Voltage » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks for the info. I drove it last night & really liked it. Do they get good gas mileage? I know I'm not going to get the 34-36 I was gtting with the Civic but am hoping for 23 or so.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:50 am

I looked at them when shopping for a new truck the only downside (for me) that I saw was it had a limited towing capacity when comparing them to a full size truck (about 5000#). For most people that would be just fine and in fact probably larger than most SUV's, probably a non-issue for you.

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:09 pm

I get 18 running around town, but 23-25 on a trip... but i drive a vehicle hard... the towing capacity is less than most people would want tho...
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

High Voltage

Post by High Voltage » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:22 am

After I posted I saw where you did have the milage in your first post shortfat - I had read it the other day but didn't post because of connection problems, then I forgot what I read :roll:
NGD - We have a Dodge 1500 that we use for towing the big stuff, the only thig I would tow would be the dog trailer. Thanks for the info!!!