UTV Question (Sorry if this is a goofy one)

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:34 pm

I have been looking into UTVs for awhile now, and all of a sudden my wife has voiced interest in going out to the fields and watching me hunt ect. I was ready to fill out the paperwork for a 2 seater soon, but now she says if I do get one it has to be a one for the whole family to fit in. My main question is, do the UTVs with the double row seating have aftermarket doors available? Thanks a ton for any feedback / info its much appreciated!

Corry

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: UTV Question (Sorry if this is a goofy one)

Post by DonF » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Do your mean ATV's? Maybe they have seat belts!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

kbshorthairs

Post by kbshorthairs » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:59 pm

I just bought a Polaris Ranger.....it came with net type open doors, but there are optional cab set ups including a full cab with doors.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:29 am

kbshorthairs wrote:I just bought a Polaris Ranger.....it came with net type open doors, but there are optional cab set ups including a full cab with doors.
Thanks for the help!

Corry

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:14 am

The double row seating rangers are very close to the length of a jeep possibly longer. And nearly as wide also. A jeep wrangler has the doors and also a heater and usually a/c. No need to trailer it to your favorite spot, unlike.the ranger. And.the best part is that a used jeep with low miles costs far less than the utv. The two seater does have a shorter wheelbase so I can see some advantage over a jeep but just in that aspect.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:53 am

Depending on size of the rest of the family you can by jump seats for the box of the two door utvs

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:04 pm

gotpointers wrote:The double row seating rangers are very close to the length of a jeep possibly longer. And nearly as wide also. A jeep wrangler has the doors and also a heater and usually a/c. No need to trailer it to your favorite spot, unlike.the ranger. And.the best part is that a used jeep with low miles costs far less than the utv. The two seater does have a shorter wheelbase so I can see some advantage over a jeep but just in that aspect.
+1

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:01 pm

ibbowhunting wrote:Depending on size of the rest of the family you can by jump seats for the box of the two door utvs

Gotpointers has a very good point, I also would look for a box with seats that fits in the bed, then add some seat belts to it for the kiddos.