kids xmas ideas

jkoehler

kids xmas ideas

Post by jkoehler » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:24 am

Just wondering who else on here has kids there are buying xmas gifts for? I have two girls ages 12 and 9 and one boy age 5, boy is easy, but any of you with girls what are some ideas you are getting them?

Ghosted3

Re: kids xmas ideas

Post by Ghosted3 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:20 pm

I have one of each 9 and 4, but my girl is the young one so she is still fairly easy to get for. Maybe a kindle for the 12yr old? Not only a fun thing, but also a great learning device as well. Sorry I could not be more help.

Corry

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:45 am

Get both the girls a new shotgun that fits you and tell them they will grow into it! lol
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:50 pm

DonF wrote:Get both the girls a new shotgun that fits you and tell them they will grow into it! lol
Or bows maybe lol

Corry

JoePaTurfShoes
Location: Kandahar City, Afghanistan........soon to be Tucson Arizona

Post by JoePaTurfShoes » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:24 pm

Have a nine year old daughter and you are right they are tough to shop for.

I am getting her:

.22 Caliber single shot cricket. Cheap and safe for her to learn on.
A Bike to keep at my place in Arizona.
A fishing pole
Some Nintendo DS games

About what I have come up with so far.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:50 pm

When I was 9 my Grandma got me my first 'big girl' Bird Field Guide (it was a Peterson's) and some binoculars. It's still one of those gifts I will never forget. I loved it! If either interested in animals and likes being outside it might be a thought.
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 pm

My 12 yo neice gets craft things, not a hunting girl but fishes a lot with my brother and all the other kids..... Now my 5 yo neice will get something in pink camo from her favorite uncle !!!! Eat that mom who doesn't want daughter to hunt!

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 am

That gave me some ideas for them. I kind of already have the "outdoors" stuff covered with a bow, shotgun bino's. I think I am going with a metal dector for a gift. This will get both girls outside even more and something to do out on my parents farm and the inlaws farm.

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 am

When I was 9, my Grandfather gave me a complete reloading bench with all the equipment... It was kinda like the "you'll grow into it" gun... Lol... It stayed at his house, but he taught me how to reload and we spent hours and days at the bench and at the range... 25 years later, He gave it to me to take home a few weeks before he died, and with it came his shooting diary that I didn't even know existed. It is one of my most prized possessions to this day. 8) It illustrated in his own handwriting the time we spent together and how much it meant to both of us. Point is, give them quality time and teach them to cherish it. Pass on your values, the gift is just the means to do it with... JoPaTurf, having served, I know you feel it the most at the holidays, so thanks for your service, and hope you make it home for Christmas! 8) Happy Holidays, whatever you give them!.. and good hunting! :D
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln