11 Armed Guards For Obamas Daughters School

Rockstar

Post by Rockstar » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:16 pm

School Obama’s Daughters Attend Had 11 Armed Guards

Published on Monday, December 24, 2012

AmmoLand Gun News
Washington DC - -(Ammoland.com)-Some interesting news has broken in the wake of the latest push for gun control by President Obama and Senate Democrats: Obama sends his kids to a school where armed guards are used as a matter of fact.

The school, Sidwell Friends School in Washington, DC, has 11 security officers and is seeking to hire a new police officer as we speak.
If you dismiss this by saying, “Of course they have armed guards — they get Secret Service protection,” then you’ve missed the larger point.

The larger point is that this is standard operating procedure for the school, period.
And this is the reason people like NBC’s David Gregory send their kids to Sidwell, they know their kids will be protected from the carnage that befell kids at a school where armed guards weren’t used (and weren’t even allowed).

Shame on President Obama for seeking more gun control and for trying to prevent the parents of other school children from doing what he has clearly done for his own. His children sit under the protection guns afford, while the children of regular Americans are sacrificed.

Read more at Ammoland.com: http://www.ammoland.com/2012/12/24/scho ... z2G2A1ER7z
'Late season birds will not hold for a dog that is less than 200 yards from the handler'
-Slistoe 12-26-12

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Re: 11 Armed Guards For Obamas Daughters School

Post by cjhills » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:56 am

That is just silly. Who do you think would be a more likely target, Obama's children or mine. It is standard operation where kidnapping is very likely to happen.
If a school has a armed guard, who do you think would be the shooters first target. Cj

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:57 am

cjhills wrote:That is just silly. Who do you think would be a more likely target, Obama's children or mine. It is standard operation where kidnapping is very likely to happen.
If a school has a armed guard, who do you think would be the shooters first target. Cj
Agreed but it looks bad when he poo-poos the idea for any other school.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:59 am

The point I take away is that if you want to protect something, a gun is one of the tools to be used.
Makes many the points made in the NRA press conference.
Steve

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:46 pm

cjhills wrote:That is just silly. Who do you think would be a more likely target, Obama's children or mine. It is standard operation where kidnapping is very likely to happen.
If a school had a armed guard, the shooters first target would be someplace without an armed guard IMO. I didn't know that kidnapping was a likely occurrence in the U.S. :roll:

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Your children because Obama's are protected by 11 armed guards and the Secret Service as well as the possiblity of a military strike.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:06 pm

nikegundog wrote:
If a school had a armed guard, the shooters first target would be someplace without an armed guard IMO. I didn't know that kidnapping was a likely occurrence in the U.S. :roll:
260,000 children under the age of eighteen are abducted each year in the USA. 80% are family related. Over 50,000 aren't. Fairly likely occurence I would say. Cj

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:37 pm

cjhills wrote:
nikegundog wrote:
260,000 children under the age of eighteen are abducted each year in the USA. 80% are family related. Over 50,000 aren't. Fairly likely occurence I would say. Cj
You said kidnapped, not abducted.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:59 pm

This topic is the biggest waste of space... I'm so mad that Obama has the secret service protecting him and I don't. Get a grip.

C.painter

Post by C.painter » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:24 pm

This is standard practice for this school, not just because the obamas r there.

BigTub

Post by BigTub » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Is there documentation/verification for this school being guarded and is not just another internet hoax?

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:35 am

If the Presidents Children are not protected at school by armed guards, Obama is a fool, and I don't think he is to that extent.
There are way to many crazy people running around.
Steve

Rockstar

Post by Rockstar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:47 am

ACooper wrote:This topic is the biggest waste of space... I'm so mad that Obama has the secret service protecting him and I don't. Get a grip.

Did you bother to READ The Post? Apprently not.

Now, In ADDITION To providing Secret Service for Obama's children, The School in DC is Additionally armed with 11 and soon 12 Armed guards. It has nothing to do with Obama but the school itself.
The real question is whether you think the children in that school are safe or safer than one that is unarmed?
'Late season birds will not hold for a dog that is less than 200 yards from the handler'
-Slistoe 12-26-12

Rockstar

Post by Rockstar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:50 am

SetterNut wrote:If the Presidents Children are not protected at school by armed guards, Obama is a fool, and I don't think he is to that extent.
There are way to many crazy people running around.

Obama's children have personal Body guards aka Secret service agents assigned to them.

The 11 armed guards assigned there, guard the school and all of the Other school children.
The larger point is that this is standard operating procedure for the school, period.
And this is the reason people like NBC’s David Gregory send their kids to Sidwell, they know their kids will be protected from the carnage that befell kids at a school where armed guards weren’t used (and weren’t even allowed).
-Slistoe 12-26-12

Rockstar

Post by Rockstar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:55 am

BigTub wrote:Is there documentation/verification for this school being guarded and is not just another internet hoax?
This is the Job Posted Want ad. Will this suffice?

This particular school is a Private school, there are diplomats, lobbyists, government officialsand world leaders like Obama who all send their children here.
This topic of this School and its guards is covered in MSN, Baltimore Sun, Education newsletters.
I doubt that diplomats would send their children to an inner city public school in DC that is unarmed.

This is Obama's School in DC., (A Cooper will notice they are Public Peace Officers, not plains clothes Secret Service)

A Cooper..this is what Secret Service Bodyguards look like

BREITBART News
by AWR Hawkins 23 Dec 2012

Before the horrific crime at Sandy Hook Elementary even took place, some schools in our nation were already putting armed security and police officers on their campuses.
As a matter of fact, one such school—Sidwell Friends School in Washington, DC—posted a job opening for a night shift police officer on Nov. 28, so they could have protection around the clock.

According to the posting, the position "is the overnight/midnight shift," and they made it clear that candidates would have to provide copies of their training credentials, SPO license, and professional references.

Gov. Christie's comments to the contrary, just think how much safer the children at Sidwell are going to be because of such an officer's presence.

For the record, this is something that is done in many parts of Texas: even in public schools. Instead of wearing a uniform, patrol officers will be put in street clothes and assigned a particular school for a time. And they are in that school to be sure the kind of thing that happened at Sandy Hook doesn't happen there.

To be clear, this is not new in Texas. It's something Gov. Perry has been doing for some time. My point is simply that some people—Gov. Perry and Sidwell Friends School, in this particular instance—are taking logical and necessary steps to keep children safe.
-Slistoe 12-26-12

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:25 pm

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. What's the problem with a private school hiring security. Malls do it. Airports do it. Many companies doi it. Look at nuclear facilities! I must be missing something here.

Rockstar

Post by Rockstar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. What's the problem with a private school hiring security. Malls do it. Airports do it. Many companies doi it. Look at nuclear facilities! I must be missing something here.
The point is tht gun control is not about guns, its about CONTROL.

And What youre missing it that the PROBLEM is that there are very vocal calls for gun control now after a very controversial, highly publicized and some say staged shooting event.
Bats kill 12,000 peole annually in the USA, guns kill 8800. Why not ban baseball bats.
Yet of those 8800 killed, 95% are by Criminals with records, most on probation, let off by a lib judge.

Gun contol will Not apply to Police officers, military mercenaries like blackwater, or thugs...just law abiding citizens.
Obama's Private school for daughters, accepts money from the Public domain as well, and is well armed.

The Bolsheviks in US Congress and in power, do not want Joe Public armed, nor school teachers, but are fine with sending their children to places that DO pay for Armed guards, and have private security or gated communities with private security for them.

See the contradiction and hypocrisy? Its hard, but you have to connect a few dots here.
-Slistoe 12-26-12

fourtrax

Post by fourtrax » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:18 pm

It is called HYPOCRISY.

Of course the President's kids need to be guarded.
What a target of Opportinity for some bad guys.

The Hypocrisy part comes in where what is good for the Presidents family, he would have denied
to the average citizen. This fits in well with our "Ruling Elite" class of politicians.

I wonder how many of the Parents of the children slain at Sandy Hook would feel about an armed guard
at the school now? Horror in the school there, YES. It is also a part of our modern reality now.

The school at Sandy Hook was already a "Gun FRee Zone". How well did that work for a shooter who has no intention
of following the law?

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 am

Has the president said that he is against armed guards at schools? I wouldn't be surprised if he did, I'm just not aware of him ever saying that. He has been talking about an assault weapons ban, though, which, to my knowledge, armed guards aren't using anyway. My question is, if you're going to do the whole armed guards at schools thing, how do you suggest this should be done, because, personally, it doesn't sound as easy as hiring an ex-vet to sit at a desk with a pistol on his hip.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:47 am

So it seems like most people do not have city police, or been to a school in southern California but most have police officers ( armed ) on campus while school is in session. Sorry to burst your bubbles but we had them at our schools on a regular basis...... Then again we didn't have shootings either.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Nancy Palosi recently said in response to the suggestion the security at public schools be heighten to include well trained armed guards and locked doors, that she did not want to live in a country where schools were fortresses, but she did have a bill ready for introduction on gun control, and this was just a few days after the shooting. I am sure the bill was written sometime ago just waiting for the next major gun crime.

As the president is the leader of the party, if he does not agree with the third most powerful person in that perty, he should say so. Otherwise, both are hypocrites, he for not condeming her while he enjoys the added protection of a private school's guards and her for not attempting to give those in public schools the same protection while pursueing a unnecessary gun ban.

This has nothing to do with the Secrete Service protection so needed for the Pres and his family, but the fact the rich have armed body guards, while the try to deny us basic protection.

Not trusting our government to protect me and mine, I joined millions that bought more ammo and guns today. The price of high capacity "assault " weapons has nearly doubled in my area in the last 10 days.