Chris Kyle Killed

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: Chris Kyle Killed

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 am

Chris's services will be held Monday at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington. It will be interesting to see how many show up.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:49 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:Chris's services will be held Monday at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington. It will be interesting to see how many show up.
I just read a news report that the dastardly Westborro Church group plan to protest, I hope it is at a distance, nothing good can come from a confrontation. And I don't think those attending will be inclined to accecpt disrespect.

What a hateful group. Anyone know who funds it, a Google did not reveal much.

I was covering the NRA Annual meeting for the Dallas Morning News in the late 90's when about 20 protestors showed up on their lunch hour, the city sent mounted riot control police, the NRA attendees just ignored them. I thought it a non-event, until I got home that night and it was the lead story on local and even NBC news. They did a tight shot making it appear there where many times more protestors. DMN ran that story on the front page, no mention of the small number, even though I filed my article that night it did not run until the next week. And I am told there is no bias in news coverage.

Consider that if there is a report of an incident.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Neil wrote:
Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:Chris's services will be held Monday at Cowboy Stadium in Arlington. It will be interesting to see how many show up.
I just read a news report that the dastardly Westborro Church group plan to protest, I hope it is at a distance, nothing good can come from a confrontation. And I don't think those attending will be inclined to accecpt disrespect.

I was covering the NRA Annual meeting for the Dallas Morning News in the late 90's when about 20 protestors showed up on their lunch hour, the city sent mounted riot control police, the NRA attendees just ignored them. I thought it a non-event, until I got home that night and it was the lead story on local and even NBC news. They did a tight shot making it appear there where many times more protestors. DMN ran that story on the front page, no mention of the small number, even though I filed my article that night it did not run until the next week. And I am told there is no bias in news coverage.

Yeah, I don't know how most of the media can even claim not to be biased, as obvious as it is! "SAVE ME FROM THE GOOD PEOPLE"!!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:30 pm

I'm trying to figure out if the service on Monday is his actual Military funeral or it's privately funded. If it's his Veteran funeral then there is a law against protesting. On a lighter note it will be interesting to see Bradley Cooper portray him in the movie. :D

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:59 am

Neil wrote:

I'm pretty sure only the members fund it, and the membership mostly consists of the founders family.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Has anyone else heard about when he first returned from Iraq 2 armed men tried to carjack him at a gas station and he killed them both. Those guys picked the wrong truck to jack.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Here is a real hero that we should be talking about a great deal more than someone who just did his job well. But of course, he didn't write a book and his name wasn't mentioned in the news. Chris Kyle should be honored for doing his job well but Mike Monsoor if the one tjat is a hero, as he willingly gave his life to save his fellow troops. This what I refered to when this topic started. Everyone on the team has a job and some do it better than others but there are those who do much more than their job that are the real heros, but so many try to make heros out of the famous rather than just honoring them for doing their job well. Mike Monsoor will need no publicity to qualify for hero status in his next assignment even though no one even knew his name.
Subject: TAKE A LOOK-

Date: February 11, 2013 8:39:41 AM MST

Mike Monsoor,

Was Awarded "The Congressional Medal Of Honor" Last Week,

For Giving His Life In Iraq , As He Jumped On, And Covered With His Body, A Live Hand Grenade,

Saving The Lives Of A Large Group Of Navy Seals That Was Passing By!
~
During Mike Monsoor's Funeral,

At Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery , In San Diego , California ..

The Six Pallbearers Removed The Rosewood Casket From The Hearse,

And Lined Up On Each Side Of Mike Monsoor's Casket,

Were His Family Members, Friends, Fellow Sailors, And Well-wishers.

The Column Of People Continued From The Hearse, All The Way To The Grave Site.

What The Group Didn't Know At The Time Was,

Every Navy Seal

(45 To Be Exact)

That Mike Monsoor Saved That Day Was Scattered Through-Out The Column!

~

As The Pallbearers Carried The Rosewood Casket

Down The Column Of People To The Grave Side.

The Column Would Collapse..

Which Formed A Group Of People That Followed Behind.

~

Every Time The Rosewood Casket Passed A Navy Seal,

He Would Remove His Gold Trident Pin From His Uniform,

And Slap It Down Hard,

Causing The Gold Trident Pin To Embed Itself

Into The Top Of The Wooden Casket!

Then The Navy Seal Would Step Back From The Column, And Salute!

~

Now For Those,

Who Don't Know What A Trident Pin Is,

Here Is The Definition!

~

After One Completes The Basic Navy Seals Program Which Lasts For Three Weeks,

And Is Followed By Seal Qualification Training,

Which Is 15 More Weeks Of Training,

Necessary To Continue Improving Basic Skills And To Learn New Tactics And Techniques,

Required For An Assignment To A Navy Seal Platoon.

After successful completion,

Trainees Are Given Their Naval Enlisted Code,

And Are Awarded The Navy Seal Trident Pin.

With This Gold Pin They Are Now Officially Navy Seals!

It Was Said,

That You Could Hear Each Of The 45 Slaps From Across The Cemetery!

By The Time The Rosewood Casket Reached The Grave Site,

It Looked As Though It Had A Gold Inlay From The 45 Trident Pins That Lined The Top!

This Was A Fitting End To An Eternal Send-Off For A Warrior Hero!

This Should Be Front-Page News!

Instead Of The Garbage We Listen To And See Every Day.
~

~

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:07 pm

I don't know how you could say one was more of a real hero than the other. Mikey Monsoor had the opportunity to do the ultimate act in selflessness and paid the ultimate price. He was awarded the CMH because of it. If you read Chief Kyle's book you would know that he spent a lot of time not sniping on roof tops, but rather kicking in doors with marines and soldiers. Since he was highly trained in tactical entries, he thought he could better serve his country and help protect young infantry men by taking the point going door to door. He put himself in harms way a lot more than he had to during his tours. During one of his interviews, Kyle was asked about his 160+ confirmed kills. Chief said the number he was more proud of was the hundreds or thousands of coalition forces, Iraq army personnel and Iraq civilians that were saved by his actions.

Chief Kyle got a lot of publicity because he lived to tell his story. Who knows if Lt Mike Murphy would have gotten the heroism he deserved if Marcus Luttrell would not have survived to write his book. All these men were great Americans and true hereos. I don't know how someone can say that one was more of a hero than the other simply because one died on the battlefield and one made it home from the battlefield. They were all better men than you and I.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 pm

I agree with you 100% EZZY but this is a thread started about one person and trying to hijack it by comparing it to another hero is disrespectful to the OP, the topic and is against forum rules. So again with all due respect let's keep this on topic. Mike did a heroic and selfless act so rather than comparing ANY 2 warriors, honor him with his own thread. And by the way, 45 SEALS aren't in the same area at one time during conflict. That's why they work in small detachments.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:06 pm

Brazosvalleyvizslas wrote:I agree with you 100% EZZY but this is a thread started about one person and trying to hijack it by comparing it to another hero is disrespectful to the OP, the topic and is against forum rules. So again with all due respect let's keep this on topic. Mike did a heroic and selfless act so rather than comparing ANY 2 warriors, honor him with his own thread. And by the way, 45 SEALS aren't in the same area at one time during conflict. That's why they work in small detachments.
I find no disrespect in commenting on another member of our team that gave his life protecting the others. If you do then don't read it. There are many memebers of our Armed Services that give there lifes intentionally and many more have had theirs taken doing their job. I find no honor in paying tribute to one where it offends someone to bring another members death up. Sorry that you do. Did you note he saved a whole group that were Navy Seals and how they honored him. Think they all reconized a true hero with their tribute.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:10 pm

You compared the 2 not me. Were you at Mikes services? I was.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:34 pm

I find no disrespect in commenting on another member of our team that gave his life protecting the others. If you do then don't read it
:roll:

hill

Post by hill » Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Mike Monsoor is definately a hero and made the ultimate sacrifice. Chris Kyle's actions surely saved many lives also, which makes him a hero in my book. I don't think coming home alive, writing a book, or being covered in the news takes that away from him. Both men are heroes and deserve our respect. I do find it disrespectful to suggest that he is not a "real" hero. However, I agree that we lose heroes every day that never get mentioned. The shame is not in those we mention, but in those we don't.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 pm

hill wrote:Mike Monsoor is definately a hero and made the ultimate sacrifice. Chris Kyle's actions surely saved many lives also, which makes him a hero in my book. I don't think coming home alive, writing a book, or being covered in the news takes that away from him. Both men are heroes and deserve our respect. I do find it disrespectful to suggest that he is not a "real" hero. However, I agree that we lose heroes every day that never get mentioned. The shame is not in those we mention, but in those we don't.
Very true.

Ezzy

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 pm

hill wrote:Mike Monsoor is definately a hero and made the ultimate sacrifice. Chris Kyle's actions surely saved many lives also, which makes him a hero in my book. I don't think coming home alive, writing a book, or being covered in the news takes that away from him. Both men are heroes and deserve our respect. I do find it disrespectful to suggest that he is not a "real" hero. However, I agree that we lose heroes every day that never get mentioned. The shame is not in those we mention, but in those we don't.

Exactly. For me, the ones who fought in WW2/Vietnam and came home, but had really given up their life as they were never the same again, are also heroes. Sometimes it is easier to die in battle , than to live.

Dad. Last hunt, 11/39 before he went overseas for 6 years.

" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Marc Lee was the first SEAL killed in the Iraq war and proceeds from Chris's book were earmarked to go straight to his mother. Chris took no salary from the book but instead used the money to help the survivors as well as the families of those that gave everything.

Sharon, awesome picture.

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm

JonahG wrote:
DogNewbie wrote:I probably going to regret taking the bait, but how do you figure we were never attacked pre-entering the war?
Germany Never attacked the USA.
Japan did, but we knew of the impending attack and used it TO enter the war theatre.

yeah..that's what I thought you were going to say... :roll:

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:18 pm

OK This post is about Chris Kyle...I just removed some off topic posts ...This is Public Notice #1 about keeping topics as close to the subject as possible and what was posted was OFF TOPIC so Heed this as a warning
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Derrick

Post by Derrick » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:34 am

This whole thing was disgusting to me. And check this out, I used to agree with a lot of what Ron Paul said, now he has lost respect with A LOT of people, most vets (myself included)

https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/298477312876355585

Rest in Peace Chief Kyle you are a true American Hero

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:28 am

hill wrote: The shame is not in those we mention, but in those we don't.
So true.

Jagerdawg

Post by Jagerdawg » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:50 am

kninebirddog wrote:OK This post is about Chris Kyle...I just removed some off topic posts ...This is Public Notice #1 about keeping topics as close to the subject as possible and what was posted was OFF TOPIC so Heed this as a warning
Wow a moderator actually moderating! maybe a certain unnamed moderator should take note and try to emulate those actions.