DNR Releasing Coyotes For Deer

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:00 pm

1 million car collisions annually in America, costing Insurance companies Billions.

Enter the coyote release program.

Coyotes are trapped, shipped and released all over America in many counties are that is part of the proliferation.

The states however, are not asking John Q public for their permission to do so.
When some states and their political lackey politicians claim they are not doing so, they are flat out Lying. Some states are honest about it, however.

http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/sta ... ncy-deliv/

Here is a synopsis of some of their findings: 42.4 percent of the coyote stomachs contained rodent remains; 27.9 percent, rabbit; 24.3 percent, deer; 20.2 percent

Trappers are paid nicely for live caught coyotes....and sold to state DNRs.

Theres 1 reason to use such large cumbersom live traps...to relocate

When they lose all fear of men, you can expect these types of encounters..

*08/2012 CITY OF CARSON(NEAR LOS ANGELES) CITY COUNCIL HAS EMERGENCY MEETING TO DEAL WITH COYOTE PROBLEM(EATING DOGS, CATS AND FOLLOWING CITIZENS).

*06-26-12 COYOTES ATTACK TWO ELDERLY WOMEN IN CALIFORNIA. ONE WOMEN WAS WORKING IN HER GARDEN AND THE OTHER WAS ON HER MORNING WALK.

*07-27-12 COYOTES KILLED TWO DOGS(SEPERATE ATTACKS) IN LAGUNA CALIFORNIA (DURING DAYLIGHT). BOTH DOGS WERE BEING WALKED ON LEASHE. ONE WOMAN WAS PULLED TO THE GROUND WHEN THE YOTE GRABBED HER DOG*
Last edited by JonahG on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deseeker

Re: DNR Releasing Coyotes For Deer

Post by deseeker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Pretty stupid coyote if they are caught in a cage live trap :?: :?: :?: IMO

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:39 pm

deseeker wrote:Pretty stupid coyote if they are caught in a cage live trap :?: :?: :?: IMO
Not really.
Living with man desensitizes them alot, trappers also go to good lengths to bait and mask properly if necessary.
Wary Foxes, wolves, racccoons, cats and dogs are also caught in the same live traps. They dont work as well, but they work.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm almost speechless.

From that article - which clearly states that TN has not participated in any stocking efforts of coyotes - your understanding is that they're lying to all of us out there and they truly are re-stocking coyotes? And that many other states are doing so as well? Am I comprehending that correctly - or was this sarcasm that I missed?

This is just as bad as the idiots in Missouri that think MDC is restocking mt. lions and rattlesnakes.

Absolutely incredible.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:34 pm

No, coyotes are not being released to impact the deer population.
Yes, coyote populations are increasing and spreading as is their nature, especially when deer and other food sources are increasing.
Double yes that the increased use of cameras in the woods can increase sightings....as deer feeders will concentrate game to be captured on a chip.

Some around here thought the state was dropping snakes from airplanes to control turkey populations.
Barbershops are poor places to source information of game management.
Be nice if the coyotes would kill all the nest predators that the deer hunters feed but that does not seem to be happening often enough.
Irregardless, Go Coyotes!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Some people need a conspiracy to complete their day it seems. Funny how coyotes have suddenly become aggressive preditors after being so very timid and submissive for years.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm not sure what those cases in Cali had to do with re-stocking. I was called to trap and kill every coyote that I could in those cases.

As for live traps, we catch Coyotes,Mt Lion, Bobcats and bears all the time. They don't have to be stupid or "urbanized" either if you know what your doing.

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:27 pm

RoostersMom wrote:I'm almost speechless.

From that article - which clearly states that TN has not participated in any stocking efforts of coyotes - your understanding is that they're lying to all of us out there and they truly are re-stocking coyotes? And that many other states are doing so as well? Am I comprehending that correctly - or was this sarcasm that I missed?

This is just as bad as the idiots in Missouri that think MDC is restocking mt. lions and rattlesnakes.
Absolutely incredible.

Here we have a Tennessee State Senator admit what he knows for a fact, the-insurance companies make sure that coyotes work to cull fawns.
20% of a coyotes stomach was said to be venison.

House Committee Chairman claims state agency delivered coyotes to cull deer population

Did a wildlife agency import coyotes into the state?
At a hearing on wildlife management laws, members of the House Conservation and Environment Committee turned from discussion of a wild hog eradication program now under way to other animals that can cause problems for people.

"Let’s talk about the coyotes," said Rep. Frank Niceley, R-Strawberry Plains, a member of the committee and chairman of the House Agriculture Committee.
"The TWRA (Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency) brought the coyotes in here to control the deer herd. Their biologists are not dumb. They knew these deer, in an ideal situation like this, would explode (in population)," he said. "So they brought these coyotes in here to try to keep the deer population down. Now, these coyotes, they will kill calves. … It’s a huge problem. I have 80 head of sheep, and the coyotes got into them and they killed 60 head of sheep before I could get them behind a tight fence. … The coyotes, when they get thick enough, will start getting kids out of the yard."

In the past, TWRA has engaged in well-known and successful programs to stock deer and wild turkeys into Tennessee, where native populations were virtually wiped out in the 1800s. But we hadn’t heard about coyote stocking.

When initially asked whether TWRA had imported coyotes into the state, where they did not appear until sometime in the late 1960s or early 1970s, the agency’s assistant executive director, Nat Johnson, at first had trouble taking the query seriously.

Niceley, advised that TWRA disputed his contention, said he has heard reports of coyote transplants attributed to "early biologists back in the 1970s." Further, he said the agency at least collaborated with a federal project to re-introduce red wolves into Tennessee and "red wolves and coyotes have the same DNA."

Folks, this is an ADMISSION!
And its on record.
The state and their lackeys wont admit to it, because they never asked the public about it and it s a hazard.
Trappers are paid sizeable money for live coyotes..

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Mountaineer wrote:No, coyotes are not being released to impact the deer population.
Yes, coyote populations are increasing and spreading as is their nature, especially when deer and other food sources are increasing.
BS, they DO impact the population and WHY Insurance companies lobby/bribe to introduce them.
They are spreading as a result of reintroduction, just as the wolf has up North.

Photos dont lie or do your eyes deceive you?
Coyotes KILL Deer, live adults and fawns, they manage populations of deer.

Some around here thought the state was dropping snakes from airplanes to control turkey populations.
Be nice if the coyotes would kill all the nest predators that the deer hunters feed but that does not seem to be happening often enough.
Govts have tried many unsound eco management practices, from introducing wolves which now threaten deer and man(s) Livestock and hounds in WI, MN, and MI to coyotes throughout the Midwest.
Last edited by JonahG on Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:47 pm

That last captain made my day, the person who wrote it deserves the Darwin award. :D

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Are Coyotes Killing Your Deer?
Coyotes get blamed for everything from fawn predation in the spring to decreased deer sightings in the fall. But are the claims valid?

In the last two decades, numerous scientific studies have been undertaken to get a better understanding of coyotes’ impact on, among other things, whitetail deer populations. For example, an Auburn University report on fawn survival at a South Carolina military base found that coyotes killed eight out of nine fawns.

Another, in Maine, showed that whitetails made up 50 to 60 percent of coyotes’ diet.

Unlike wolves, which have been shown to specifically target prey species, coyotes are opportunistic feeders. That means that sometimes they prey on deer, sometimes they don’t. It should be noted that the coyotes’ predation on whitetails seems to be habitat-dependent. Fractured habitats—field edges, road cuts—tend to favor predators. Intact habitats tend to favor prey species like deer.

Generally, it’s been found that an overabundance of coyotes can have a temporary “suppressing effect” on deer numbers, and in areas where there are too many deer, having a few extra coyotes running around can actually be a good thing.

Coyotes by the Numbers

500,000: Current estimated number of coyotes killed annually by government-funded predator-control programs, trappers, hunters and ranchers

2,000: Estimated coyote population in Chicago

22: Percentage of Maine coyotes found to have wolf genes

1-3: Miles, average range of a coyote

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:57 pm

nikegundog wrote:That last captain made my day, the person who wrote it deserves the Darwin award. :D
You should nominate yourself for that award :) Guess youve not worked with ttoo many Insurance companies.
Surely they are trustworthy and above all reproach just as our Govt is. Obama thanks you.

Our loving Govt moved wolves into Yellowstone, MT and ID.
Elk and deer are now largely Gone.
They didnt bother to tell the residents they were bringing in a non native Super wolf from Alberta that go up to 160#

Point2Point

Post by Point2Point » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Reading comprehension = FAIL. The quoted article clearly refutes your point. Did you hope no one would read it?
And now that no one took your bait, we are on to Obama and wolves and bears...Oh My!

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:25 pm

JonahG wrote:
nikegundog wrote:That last captain made my day, the person who wrote it deserves the Darwin award. :D
You should nominate yourself for that award :) Guess youve not worked with ttoo many Insurance companies.
Surely they are trustworthy and above all reproach just as our Govt is. Obama thanks you.

Our loving Govt moved wolves into Yellowstone, MT and ID.
Elk and deer are now largely Gone.
They didnt bother to tell the residents they were bringing in a non native Super wolf from Alberta that go up to 160#
One death in the history in the United States, and that was a three year old. :D One would have to be stupid to think that those encounters in that photo will become common, as being implied by the caption. I love how you switched to photos of wolves, says a lot about you.

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:36 pm

nikegundog wrote: One death in the history in the United States, and that was a three year old. :D
Maybe you missed the photo. The man emptied his GLOCK at the coyote pack which tracked, circled, snarled and became aggressive hunting him like prey.
Another coyote death reported in Canada. Children attacked or saved from attack as well which you want to gloss over.
Of course, Dogs, cats & livestock taken from Yards.

One would have to be stupid to think that those encounters in that photo will become common, as being implied by the caption.
The encounters are ALREADY Common, in case you missed the headline.
Cities and locales across America are dealing with Coyotes now, from Trapping to govt hunters to wildlife programs and deer mgt.

I love how you switched to photos of wolves, says a lot about you.
Are YOU implying that Our Govt is incapable of carrying out a \n undisclosed operation whether related to wildlife, military or otherwise, without seeking the approval of the public? Are you actually implying this?

The wolf photos are for effect and one more example to support my thesis.
Im waiting for yours..

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:42 pm

With Coyote Attacks On The Rise, People Need To Be More Aware
May 22, 2013

Coyote (credit: CBS)
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Wildlife experts say people are getting lax when it comes to coyotes. In a recent case, a little girl in Colorado Springs suffered serious injuries after a coyote attack.

Anywhere a person is in the state of Colorado, there’s a coyote less than a half mile away. Experts say people may not be doing enough to keep the animals away.
It’s a disturbing trend with no end in sight.
“I just started screaming, ‘A coyote attacked my baby.’ I yelled for my husband,” the mother of the young girl in Colorado Springs said.

“It’s really disturbing,” Jennifer Churchill with Colorado Parks and Wildlife said.
Churchill said in the Denver metro area alone, coyote attacks on humans are on the rise.
“It went from one a year to 2, 3, 4, 5, in the last few years, each year. So we definitely have a situation we need to grapple with,” Churchill said.
“Definitely something’s going on. Our coyotes really aren’t afraid of people,” Churchill said.

Point2Point

Post by Point2Point » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:08 pm

JonahG wrote:
nikegundog wrote: One death in the history in the United States, and that was a three year old. :D
Maybe you missed the photo. The man emptied his GLOCK at the coyote pack which tracked, circled, snarled and became aggressive hunting him like prey.
Another coyote death reported in Canada. Children attacked or saved from attack as well which you want to gloss over.
Of course, Dogs, cats & livestock taken from Yards.

One would have to be stupid to think that those encounters in that photo will become common, as being implied by the caption.
The encounters are ALREADY Common, in case you missed the headline.
Cities and locales across America are dealing with Coyotes now, from Trapping to govt hunters to wildlife programs and deer mgt.

I love how you switched to photos of wolves, says a lot about you.
Are YOU implying that Our Govt is incapable of carrying out a \n undisclosed operation whether related to wildlife, military or otherwise, without seeking the approval of the public? Are you actually implying this?

Im waiting for yours..

Of course the fact that's its fake will make no difference to you....http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/galle ... e-showdown
Your "thesis" (and I use that term loosely) requires YOU to defend and prove it. Quoting articles which DISprove your "thesis" , posting fake photos and making ad hominem attacks = FAIL.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:16 pm

JonahG wrote: Are YOU implying that Our Govt is incapable of carrying out a \n undisclosed operation whether related to wildlife, military or otherwise, without seeking the approval of the public? Are you actually implying this?

Im waiting for yours..
Where in the world did I imply anything about "Our Govt"? And you are taking that kind of logic and using it to write a thesis......... Thanks for the entertainment. :D

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 pm

JonahG wrote: Maybe you missed the photo. The man emptied his GLOCK at the coyote pack which tracked, circled, snarled and became aggressive hunting him like prey.

Im waiting for yours..
To save you some embarrassment on your thesis, I will note that your photo is a hoax.

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Point2Point wrote:
Of course the fact that's its fake will make no difference to you....http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/galle ... e-showdown
Your "thesis" (and I use that term loosely) requires YOU to defend and prove it. Quoting articles which DISprove your "thesis" , posting fake photos and making ad hominem attacks = FAIL.
Nothing about it was fake.
This comes directly from your Outdoor Life link on THIS photo which DIrectly contradicts your errant premise:

Hunting Editor Andrew McKean received these two amazing photos with a vivid description of what must have been one of the wildest coyote hunts ever. Here is the note that came along with it…

“The picture is for real and so is the story. Aaron's friends were checking snares around Geraldine and decided to stop and call in a spot. One had a .204 and a .22 pistol. The other had a camera. They called for 15 minutes and brought in the pack of coyotes that they couldn't see until they were 20 yards away. The shooter shot twice with the .204 rifle as the coyotes closed in. The dogs didn't know where to go and were jumping around, barking, etc. By the time he made the second shot they had moved in to 10 yards and he couldn't see anything but hair in his scope, so he put the rifle down and grabbed his sidearm. He stood up and started firing into the pack of jumping dogs. The picture makes them look like they're charging but they were just bouncing around trying to figure out what to do. The shooter emptied his sidearm and managed to get a bullet into each coyote. Pretty wild.”

I dont need to prove anything. I already DID.
Ive provided statements from a top ranking State Senator with an admission of this program, photos of Coyotes doing what Insurance companies hire them to do, and biologist studies with contents of deer in a coyotes stomach, from multiple states.
You like some Whine with that cheese?
Last edited by JonahG on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:27 pm

nikegundog wrote: To save you some embarrassment on your thesis, I will note that your photo is a hoax.
Im curious if you are too dense to read the story of the REAL Photo?
Im trying to see it from your point of view but I cant get my head that far up my backside..

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/galle ... e-showdown
Last edited by JonahG on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:29 pm

Point2Point wrote:Reading comprehension = FAIL. The quoted article clearly refutes your point. Did you hope no one would read it?
And now that no one took your bait, we are on to Obama and wolves and bears...Oh My!
No it didnt.
It was an editorial HACK Job.

This guy quoted is the Chairman of probably one of the most influential committee's in that state.
That means he is a champion, and long term advocate for the Ag community. If farmers need help on any issue - they lobby him, educate hm, and show the need or harm. It also implies that he is a long term member of the legislature down there.
His words were that the State, His state, is stocking Coyotes. The editorial stuff was 2nd rate hack stuff.

See this on Pennsylvania and stocking, hunters shooting TAGGED Coyotes:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 746,379936

Fishers, Turkeys, Otter have also been introduced, but the peanut gallery here wants to deny the probability that coyotes, once all but wiped out 20 years ago, swam across the Mississippi RIver and now populate every county in the Midwest in 20 years with no Govt intervention or release? lol :)
Last edited by JonahG on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Point2Point

Post by Point2Point » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm

I don't want to make you look bad, but you make it really easy. All I ask is that YOU research YOUR evidence to prove your "thesis".
from HuntingEditor
wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago
Here's an update. The photo was staged. I'm going to refrain from calling it a hoax, which implies there was some trickery to this. Instead, it apparently was a couple of guys having some fun, without thinking the photos would wind up before a national audience. My friend Mark Henckel at the Billings (Mont.) Gazette finally made contact with one of the guys on the initial email string, who disclosed that his buddies set up the scene with several of their frozen snared coyotes.
It makes sense, as several of the posts on this thread have detailed, when you look at the visual cues: snow trampled, the crusted snow on the side of the near coyote, the stop-action photography in low light, and the dubious gun safety skills of the shooter.
Thanks to everyone for weighing in with a perspective.
Andrew McKean
Outdoor Life Hunting Editor

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:46 pm

JonahG wrote:
nikegundog wrote: To save you some embarrassment on your thesis, I will note that your photo is a hoax.
Im curious if you are too dense to read the story of the REAL Photo?
Im trying to see it from your point of view but I cant get my head that far up my backside..
http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/galle ... e-showdown
Let me dumb this down for you.
1) Click on the link YOU posted.
2) Read the first line.
3) Go to the comment mentioned.
4) Repeat until you understand.

I will save you some time:
Here's an update. The photo was staged. I'm going to refrain from calling it a hoax, which implies there was some trickery to this. Instead, it apparently was a couple of guys having some fun, without thinking the photos would wind up before a national audience. My friend Mark Henckel at the Billings (Mont.) Gazette finally made contact with one of the guys on the initial email string, who disclosed that his buddies set up the scene with several of their frozen snared coyotes.

It makes sense, as several of the posts on this thread have detailed, when you look at the visual cues: snow trampled, the crusted snow on the side of the near coyote, the stop-action photography in low light, and the dubious gun safety skills of the shooter.

Andrew McKean

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:06 pm

Mountaineer wrote:No, coyotes are not being released to impact the deer population.
JonahG wrote:BS, they DO impact the population and WHY Insurance companies lobby/bribe to introduce them.
They are spreading as a result of reintroduction, just as the wolf has up North.
Your answer does not respond to my comment...your answer serves only to push your odd agenda.
Of course coyotes eat deer.....good.
I only wish they would eat more nest predators....those should be good eating considering all the high power chow the deer hunters feed them.
Embrace Decaf.
JonahG wrote:Photos dont lie or do your eyes deceive you?
Coyotes KILL Deer, live adults and fawns, they manage populations of deer.
Mountaineer wrote:Again, yep.
Predators kill prey.
Mountaineer wrote:Some around here thought the state was dropping snakes from airplanes to control turkey populations.
JonahG wrote:Govts have tried many unsound eco management practices, from introducing wolves which now threaten deer and man(s) Livestock and hounds in WI, MN, and MI to coyotes throughout the Midwest.
Mountaineer wrote:So, you believe the rattlesnake bombardment, eh? :D
Re the wolves...no doubt in many areas their existence is unwise and during certain times of the year especially, can place training hounds, again especially, in danger.
Coyotes?...eh, not so much. :D
But the fishers, turkeys and otters...now they really scare me. :oops:

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:10 pm

I read every comment, there are believers and doubters.

Until the camera man says otherwise, I believe the photo is real though I cant prove or disprove.
But someone commented 'dubious gun safety skills' and crusted snow yet there is obviously snow on the ground, HELLO McFly!!!....dude, he was shooting for his life to prevent an attack but that signifies the photo is a fake?
I also showed you a photo from last week where a 2 yr old girl was attacked and noticed you didnt comment...

Youtube:
Dozens of videos of coyotes attacking humans and dogs.. but youre welcome to think that coyotes arent dangerous because only 1 person died last year from an attack...rolls eyes.

Coyotes Attack Man: Faron Scarberry, Washington Man, Ambushed ...
huffingtonpost by Dominique Mosbergen - in 37 Google+ circles
Jan 2, 2013 - Three coyotes attacked a Washington man in his own backyard last week, prompting officials to warn people who are vulnerable to ...

Coyote Attacks are on the Rise - TakePart
May 28, 2013 - In Colorado, says Churchill, coyote on human attacks have risen from one per year to five annually since 2007.

Fatal coyote attack: How dangerous are coyotes? - CSMonitor

Oct 30, 2009 - Two coyotes attacked the Canadian woman while she was hiking in a ... coyotes biting people is small – far less than the number of humans ...
Scientists Investigate Recent Coyote Attacks on Children in ...

May 12, 2008 - An increase in coyote attacks on humans in the past decade is most evident in Southern California, where bedroom communities have quickly ...
Coyote attacks on People - DesertUSA
As coyotes lose their fear of people, they become bolder in approaching people and may put themselves in hazardous situations they would normally avoid.

DEEP: Coyote Fact Sheet - CT.gov
As coyotes have become more common, public concerns about coyotes attacking pets and people, especially children, have increased. Although some coyotes ...

2-year-old Long Beach girl recovering from coyote attack in cemetery
Aug 7, 2013 - The coyote attack took place Thursday at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in ... coyotes had been seen behaving boldly, without fear of humans.

Coyotes kill Toronto singer in Cape Breton - Nova Scotia - CBC News
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... -died.html
Oct 29, 2009 - A 19-year-old folk singer from Toronto has died after being attacked by two coyotes in Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
Last edited by JonahG on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:13 pm

Mountaineer wrote:Comment...your answer serves only to push your odd agenda.
That coyotes, all but wiped out from the Midwest 20 years ago, swam the Mississippi River en masse, and now populate every county of every state, killing off deer as insurance companies wished them to, albeit with no Govt interference?
Dude, I was born at night but not last night..

Re the wolves...no doubt in many areas their existence is unwise and during certain times of the year especially, can place training hounds, again especially, in danger.
Coyotes?...eh, not so much. :D
But the fishers, turkeys and otters...now they really scare me. :oops
:
Coyotes dont pack up and kill small or large dogs or hounds from beagles to bird dogs to rottweilers) now either?
Give me some of what youre smoking please..

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:23 pm

JonahG wrote:
This comes directly from your Outdoor Life link on THIS photo which DIrectly contradicts your errant premise:

Hunting Editor Andrew McKean received these two amazing photos with a vivid description of what must have been one of the wildest coyote hunts ever. Here is the note that came along with it…

Until the camera man says otherwise, I believe the photo is real though I cant prove or disprove.
Wholly crap the source you sited even said it was a hoax, you are something else.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 pm

Not sure about the "last night"...you reason and jump to conclusions like a younker. :idea:

Any predator, especially one that works in groups, can be a danger to any others that they can trump.
Always has been that way...and always will.

As a start, I believe you need to learn the difference between extinction and extirpation, lad.
Last edited by Mountaineer on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 pm

nikegundog wrote:
JonahG wrote:

No it doubted it on dubious gun safety skills and crusted snow IN The snow..
Your point is that coyotes arent dangerous because only 1 person died last year...correct?
One death in the history in the United States, and that was a three year old. One would have to be stupid to think that those encounters in that photo will become common, as being implied by the caption. I love how you switched to photos of wolves, says a lot about you.

Coyotes Attack Man: Faron Scarberry, Washington Man, Ambushed ...
huffingtonpost by Dominique Mosbergen - in 37 Google+ circles
Jan 2, 2013 - Three coyotes attacked a Washington man in his own backyard last week, prompting officials to warn people who are vulnerable to ...

Coyote Attacks are on the Rise - TakePart
May 28, 2013 - In Colorado, says Churchill, coyote on human attacks have risen from one per year to five annually since 2007.

Fatal coyote attack: How dangerous are coyotes? - CSMonitor

Oct 30, 2009 - Two coyotes attacked the Canadian woman while she was hiking in a ... coyotes biting people is small – far less than the number of humans ...
Scientists Investigate Recent Coyote Attacks on Children in ...

May 12, 2008 - An increase in coyote attacks on humans in the past decade is most evident in Southern California, where bedroom communities have quickly ...
Coyote attacks on People - DesertUSA
As coyotes lose their fear of people, they become bolder in approaching people and may put themselves in hazardous situations they would normally avoid.

DEEP: Coyote Fact Sheet - CT.gov
As coyotes have become more common, public concerns about coyotes attacking pets and people, especially children, have increased. Although some coyotes ...

2-year-old Long Beach girl recovering from coyote attack in cemetery
Aug 7, 2013 - The coyote attack took place Thursday at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in ... coyotes had been seen behaving boldly, without fear of humans.

Coyotes kill Toronto singer in Cape Breton - Nova Scotia - CBC News
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scot ... -died.html
Oct 29, 2009 - A 19-year-old folk singer from Toronto has died after being attacked by two coyotes in Cape Breton Highlands National Park

JonahG

Post by JonahG » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:37 pm

nikegundog wrote: Wholly crap the so]urce you sited even said it was a hoax, you are something else.
You missed Andrews Outdoor Life subsequent follow up opinion of the photo near the bottom of the comments..

'Hi All - Great comments.
As the guy who posted the photo, I'm still leaning towards its authenticity.
Let me look at some of the con (it's a fake) arguments. The fact that there's no rifle in the photo is pretty "bleep", but it could have been tossed in the snow just out of the frame. Also, I know the country where this happened, and it is pretty easy to believe a pack of coyotes could come in without being seen and be on top of the callers in a heartbeat. It's real broken country, with deep draws. It looks like this scene is on a ridge, which means coyotes could have come up on them in a hurry.

The biggest problem I have with the photo is that it looks like this is low light, either real early or late in the day. But the photographer's shutter speed was very fast and stopped the action. That's hard to do.
I inclined to believe it's real because there are no footprints in the snow, which would be required to set up a still life of this complexity. Also, look at the dogs' laid-back ears and snarly mouths. If they're mounted coyotes, I want to know the taxidermist. I think the matted snow - and a little blood, if you look closely - is from a wound. I'm guessing that coyote was hit, went down and is now back up and in the fray.

I tried to contact the folks who originated the photos, and haven't gotten a reply. If you're reading this, weigh in. Let us know more, and give us some more photos on which to make a judgement.
In the meantime, rally on. This is a good discussion.
Andrew McKean
Hunting Editor - Outdoor Life

I took the liberty of posting this for you Now, And we all know now, thanks to you, that coyotes are not dangerous because they only killed 2 people last year including Canada. Thanks for that..

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:58 pm

JonahG wrote:
nikegundog wrote: Wholly crap the so]urce you sited even said it was a hoax, you are something else.
You missed Andrews Outdoor Life subsequent follow up opinion of the photo near the bottom of the comments..
Are you seriously unable to follow a simply timeline?
wrote 4 years 28 weeks ago

Andrew McKean
wrote 4 years 29 weeks ago

Hi All - Great comments. As the guy who posted the photo, I'm still leaning towards its authenticity. Let me look at some of the con (it's a fake) arguments. The fact that there's no rifle in the photo is pretty "bleep", but it could have been tossed in the snow just out of the frame. Also, I know the country where this happened, and it is pretty easy to believe a pack of coyotes could come in without being seen and be on top of the callers in a heartbeat. It's real broken country, with deep draws. It looks like this scene is on a ridge, which means coyotes could have come up on them in a hurry.

The biggest problem I have with the photo is that it looks like this is low light, either real early or late in the day. But the photographer's shutter speed was very fast and stopped the action. That's hard to do.

I inclined to believe it's real because there are no footprints in the snow, which would be required to set up a still life of this complexity. Also, look at the dogs' laid-back ears and snarly mouths. If they're mounted coyotes, I want to know the taxidermist. I think the matted snow - and a little blood, if you look closely - is from a wound. I'm guessing that coyote was hit, went down and is now back up and in the fray.

I tried to contact the folks who originated the photos, and haven't gotten a reply. If you're reading this, weigh in. Let us know more, and give us some more photos on which to make a judgement.

In the meantime, rally on. This is a good discussion.

Andrew McKean
Hunting Editor - Outdoor Life

Point2Point

Post by Point2Point » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Again, you make this too easy. You do realize the editors quote you posted is from 4 years and 29 weeks ago. You do realize the quote Nike posted is from 4 years and 28 weeks ago.
Review the top of the page where the editor refers you to the post Nike quoted for the "answer".
Also, what exactly is your thesis. It will be easier to disprove if we know what it is.
Is it: coyotes have been 'planted' by state wildlife agencies?
Is it: coyotes will stalk and hunt you until you have to go all glock on them?
Is it: coyotes are mean? If so, meaner than what?
What is your solution? Should coyotes be allowed to be hunted? Should there be an open season? Should you be able to trap them? Should you be able to get a nuisance permit for them?
I guess we can already do those things.
My thesis is that you are only here to troll.

duckn66

Post by duckn66 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:23 pm

The government is also releasing mutated gorillas. AKA Bigfoot too keep the coyotes in check..........

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:23 am

RoostersMom wrote:I'm almost speechless.

Absolutely incredible.
Every thing you read on the internet as to be true.... Bonjour

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:36 am

I must have missed all those meetings at work where we discussed the great impact coyotes would have on reducing the number of deer car collisions....

This has to be one of the most hilarious posts ever.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:31 am

JohnaG,

I suspect you should probly stay in the suburbs behind your key board, because I can assure you the coyotes I deal with on a daily basis are nothing like what you describe. While we may lose a couple head of livestock here and there, sheep aren't exactly ferocious defenders of life......

As far as coyotes effecting the deer population, NOT LIKELY. Other than the occasional fawn during whelping season, it would be beyond rare for a coyote or even a few coyotes to attack a full grown healthy deer. I would say that more people mowing pasture and raking hay in the summer kill fawns than coyotes could ever think about.

However, in your defence as a kid I had a neighbor (who in the 20yrs I knew him was sober exactly twice) swears he saw a train with DNR officials open tweo train cars one full of coyotes, and the other full of Mt. Lions. Im not sure what you planned to acompolish here, but I dont think its working.....

Coop, If you spent more time at work and less time planning your wedding you might not have missed the double secret memo, about opperation "Wiley Coyote"!

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 am

I also enjoyed the one a few years ago claiming the MO DNR were re-introducing rattlesnakes by helicopter, no less.

No explaination of why as there are ample snakes in the Show Me state, nor why by noisy and expensive helicopter, instead of just kicking them out of the truck.

Then I read the same claim for PA, NJ, and other states, always by copters.

There will always be Nuts, the www just gives them more exposure.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:53 pm

JonahG wrote: Maybe you missed the photo. The man emptied his GLOCK at the coyote pack which tracked, circled, snarled and became aggressive hunting him like prey.
JonahG wrote:
“The picture is for real and so is the story. Aaron's friends were checking snares around Geraldine and decided to stop and call in a spot. One had a .204 and a .22 pistol. The other had a camera. They called for 15 minutes and brought in the pack of coyotes that they couldn't see until they were 20 yards away. The shooter shot twice with the .204 rifle as the coyotes closed in. The dogs didn't know where to go and were jumping around, barking, etc. By the time he made the second shot they had moved in to 10 yards and he couldn't see anything but hair in his scope, so he put the rifle down and grabbed his sidearm. He stood up and started firing into the pack of jumping dogs. The picture makes them look like they're charging but they were just bouncing around trying to figure out what to do. The shooter emptied his sidearm and managed to get a bullet into each coyote. Pretty wild.”
Glock or .22 pistol? Please stick with one made up "fact".
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:19 am

I wish tey would relase them where I live, I shot them all that was there a week or so ago, need more targets...... deer are so plentiful here cant spit without hitting one same as turkey.

We also have them pesky mountain lions wandering around. Not to mention bob cats......

Last pack of yotes I fired upon, all ran off cept the dead one,he just layed there dead.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:15 am

markj wrote:Last pack of yotes I fired upon, all ran off cept the dead one,he just layed there dead.
:lol:

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:02 pm

ACooper wrote:I must have missed all those meetings at work where we discussed the great impact coyotes would have on reducing the number of deer car collisions....

I hear a fellow named Andy Cooper is heading up that program :D .

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Carolina Gundogs wrote:
ACooper wrote:I must have missed all those meetings at work where we discussed the great impact coyotes would have on reducing the number of deer car collisions....

I hear a fellow named Andy Cooper is heading up that program :D .
What do you think I am doing in MN right now? Coyotes are wimps, I am trapping wolves to relocate to all the lower 48, we (the insurance companies) decided that we no longer want coyotes or deer.

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Now hold on a minute, I do not want to run up on a wolf while training bird dogs down here in SC. I do not believe my snake skin boots ad blank pistol will offer much protection against a wolf.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:07 pm

Now hold on a minute, I do not want to run up on a wolf while training bird dogs down here in SC. I do not believe my snake skin boots ad blank pistol will offer much protection against a wolf.
Man, take the wood cutter with you, he knows what to do to a wolf lol do not put on the red hoodie, leave it alone...
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:20 am

That post about coyotes in Carson CA makes me roll on the ground. Carson is the next city over from mine. There isn't 10 acres of wildlife habitat within 30 miles of Carson. It's all concrete an asphalt. Carson is in the Los Angeles greater metropolitan/suburban jungle. :roll: The city pussies in CA are all animal compasionate and tree hugging...right up to the point they get scared. One little natural consumpsion of a kid or mountain biker and they want to nuke the environment. Image

Melvin4730

Post by Melvin4730 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:59 am

I live and hunt in north Georgia. 20 years ago there were no coyotes around here. They seemed to move in over night. My father retired from the DNR. I don't know how or why he thought so, but he has always said the government released coyotes into this area.

I hunt dogs on coon, bear and squirrel. We've had coyotes come into the tree and jump on our dogs...walker hounds, cur and feist. It wasnt a pretty sight. They almost killed one of my 60 pound hounds before I could get close enough to start shooting up in the air and scare them off. I had to carry to dog out of the woods. The coyotes followed me barking and howling the whole time. Weve had them run our squirrel dogs back to us. The coyotes were in hot pursuit.

I've also had them follow me out of the woods while turkey hunting. I don't know how many there were, but they were with 50 yards of me and barks and howling were coming from every direction.

There's no doubt in my mind, they would carry off a child.

jack the dog

Post by jack the dog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 am

Melvin,
Then same here is southwest NC. I have lived here all my years and never saw a coyote until a few years back and now they are snatching peoples house cats off of their porches. I live within a mile of the city limits of our county seat and within the past five years have killed two in my yard, both in the middle of the day, and would have got another one last Thursday, but he slipped away before I could get to my rifle.
One of my friends about lost his Brittany to coyotes. They were hunting grouse and the coyotes had his dog surrounded before he noticed but was able to scare them away by shooting at them with his shotgun.
My neighbor cut his hayfield beside my house this past Saturday and the noise the coyotes made that night hunting rabbits and mice in the mowed field would make the hair on your neck stand up. I always use to keep my Britts outside but anymore I crate them up in the house. We find coyote scat in our driveway at least once a week. We won't allow our six year old granddaughter to play by herself outside, is how obvious the coyote problem is here.

I don't know how the coyote got here, but it sure seems like someone brought them in, because one day there was none and the next day they are all over us.
We have plenty of black bear here also, so the coyotes aren't the top of the food chain here, but just the bravest of the predators we have.
Let me always be the person my dog thinks I am.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:20 pm

roaniecowpony wrote:That post about coyotes in Carson CA makes me roll on the ground. Carson is the next city over from mine. There isn't 10 acres of wildlife habitat within 30 miles of Carson. It's all concrete an asphalt. Carson is in the Los Angeles greater metropolitan/suburban jungle. :roll: The city pussies in CA are all animal compasionate and tree hugging...right up to the point they get scared. One little natural consumpsion of a kid or mountain biker and they want to nuke the environment. Image

I killed many coyotes around Carson and LA. Many of which were in peoples front and back yards. Cats are their favorite dish.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:51 pm

As many coyotes as there are in the US and as much urban sprawl if they were really all that blood thirsty this would be a much bigger issue than it is, a few isolated incidents of attacks on people are of no great concern to me.

Will they kill your dog? Every chance they get,