Whats your favorite dog breed? And why?

setterpoint

Re: Whats your favorite dog breed? And why?

Post by setterpoint » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:32 pm

I have pointers and setters. the pointers are just as good bird finders but for me im a setter man they just seem to have a closer bond and team att..

ShackWorkingDog

Post by ShackWorkingDog » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:19 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier... because of their loyalty and eagerness to please, their heart and courage. I love their ability to never want to give up, no matter what is put in front of them. They have great beauty both inside and out.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:32 am

One of my best friends said "Nick has English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either."

I love their attitude, nature, and I like my dogs like I like the rest of my life. On the edge of out of control.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

AbsintheGD

Post by AbsintheGD » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:33 am

Best dog I have ever had is a lab mix, just passed away last month at 14 years.

My favorite breed would have to be lab (super passionate about them) I grew up with my dad hunting with em' and when I got old enough he was getting a lab puppy and I was getting a lab puppy and we started playing who can train their dog to hunt and titles the fastest and...well I won! I am specific, a purist really. No dilutes, correct coloring and pigmentation, and no pointing. For me that's not the way labs hunt and I'm just set in my ways I guess.

Second fav. Is my GWP, they're so handsome and stylish in the field, and I love that they couldn't care less about other people. It makes competing with distraction very easy. All of my GWP are biddable and love to work. And since I compete in conformation as well I like a dog that hasn't separated into two breed types(like the labs)

pato y codoniz

Post by pato y codoniz » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:50 am

duckn66 wrote:Chesapeake. Although I don't have one anymore the ones I did have were all very loyal companions. Definately a breed apart from other dogs.

But, I don't think I've ever met a breed of dog I didn't like something about.
Anybody that I've ever known that has has a chesapeake and didn't just keep it penned up in a kennel, thinks they're the best dogs that they've ever had.

Fiercely loyal, an incredibly strong desire to please, and a motor that never stops to the point that you have to be their off switch for the dog's safety.

While a lab might love everyone, a chessie takes all that love and focuses it on the people that show him them the most love. They form incredibly strong bonds.

They'll always be my favorites and I'll always own one.

mhprecht

Whats your favorite dog breed? And why?

Post by mhprecht » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:26 am

French Brittany...size, smarts and attitude.

SHaRPS

Post by SHaRPS » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:25 pm

GSP's for life. Loyalty, drive to please, drive to learn, intelligent, great house dogs, amazing bird dogs. And they like to swim for an added bonus.

Smilin Spaniels

Post by Smilin Spaniels » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:59 am

I am just a dog lover, period. But, my favorite would be a FBECS or ESS. For me, nothing beats these two breeds personalities. I was hooked after my first one.

tailcracken pointer

Post by tailcracken pointer » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:26 pm

As for a hunting dog I cant get enough of an Eng Pointer , I love a tail cracking intense point love the colors but black and white honky tonk is awesome!!! I like how there isn't any maintenance when hunting like a long hair , I hate having to pick cockle burs!!!!! My favorite house dog is a Dachsund short hair great personalities and they love to lick you lol

ShackWorkingDog

Post by ShackWorkingDog » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:30 pm

I like a lot of different breeds of dogs, but I have to say hands down, the German Shorthaired Pointer is my favorite! They're extremely versatile and very loyal, making all around great working dogs whether on the field or not.