Denny's Trailer Sales (Wykoff, MN) & Coughlin Auto (LondonOH

Karen
GDF Junkie

Denny's Trailer Sales (Wykoff, MN) & Coughlin Auto (LondonOH

Post by Karen » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:03 am

We just returned from Wykoff, MN from purchasing our new LQ horse trailer and I HIGHLY recommend anyone in the market for a horse trailer to look at Denny's. They are absolutely worth the trip. I had the poor sales guy (Sean) measuring anything and everything that could be measured (ground clearance of the tanks, of the drains, how high the step up into the back of the trailer is, etc.). He put a trade in value on our 2004 Bison LQ using pictures, and stuck to that value, even when we showed up with our gray water drain dangling (we ran over a chunk of ice on the way and it took out our drain). Our new trailer was stored inside their heated workshop, ready to be demo'd out of the -8 degree weather there. They had a hay rack fabricated for us, and you'd never know it didn't come directly from Exiss that way.

Now, some might have been upset that the pictures on horsetrailerworld were of a similarly equipped trailer (not the EXACT trailer), but I couldn't have been happier! There were upgrades we weren't expecting...darker cabinetry, a glass stove cover instead of metal, and exhaust fans in the LQ and bathroom. In addition to that, the exiss stock trailers come from the factory with a swing gate at the halfway point in the horse box. The dealer special ordered this trailer with a swing gate 4' from the front of the horse box, creating a real stud stall or extra storage area (there's a door from the mid-tack to the horse box), leaving a 10' box for horses....plenty of room for 3 horses. We'll be using the extra 4' stall for storage.

When we were shopping, we contacted the local exiss dealer. Even special ordering a slightly smaller trailer with fewer features, he was $6,000 more than Denny's and we'd have a 5 month wait.

So that's Dennys. VERY worth the trip.

Now Coughlin GMC in London, OH. We bought our 2004 Bison LQ there 2 yrs ago (they sell Shadow & Sundowner horse trailers also). My husband has been looking around for a good deal on a used diesel dually for months. We live in the Poconos in Northeast PA, and after contacting 3 or 4 fairly local dealers and being low balled on his trade (a 2012 Chevy 2500 gasser), he decided to take a look at Coughlin's inventory, since we'd be within an hour of their lot on our way to MN. They had at least 6 used diesel duallys on their lot, most with gooseneck hitches already installed, and all listed for AT LEAST $4,000 less than a comparably equipped truck locally.

Now the trade....$6,000 more than the local dealers offered us through email and pictures.

We bought a 2011 Chevy diesel dually from them. They had us out the door in the "new" truck in 3 hours (with us test driving 2 trucks and getting a real financing approval).

So we figured we saved in the area of $10,000 by going to Coughlin to buy a truck, and then another $6,000 going to MN for the trailer. Our travel expenses with gas & hotels was around $1,500, so still a HUGE savings by traveling and we got really great service at both Denny's and Coughlin.

Anyway, VERY worth the trip...although it was absolutely miserable, and would have been WAY smarter to do in the summer instead of when a nor'easter was going on at home.

The trailer is now parked at the loading dock at work (with permission) while John re-clears the driveway after the miserable job the plow guy did. My son figured out the plow on the ATV while we were gone, but I think he needs a tractor lesson.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit