grousehunter123

mask

grousehunter123

Post by mask » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:56 am

What happened to him? Did his know it all rants get him removed?

bonasa

Re: grousehunter123

Post by bonasa » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:32 am

There have been others, all grouse hunters I might add...

jack the dog

Post by jack the dog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:24 am

Us Southern App Grouse hunters are grouchy for a reason. :cry:
Worst Grouse season ever.
Let me always be the person my dog thinks I am.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:44 am

How many members are on here ?
How often do they post ?
Are the same people setting the standards of what is right or acceptable?
I read a good bit of very narrow minded or one sided post's on here and i would bet that is why a good portion of people just browse or lurk instead of post. The person of subject was very opinionated most likely to a fault but i sure hope he was not ousted for that alone and if he was..... well that say's less about him and more about other's.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 am

jack the dog wrote:Us Southern App Grouse hunters are grouchy for a reason. :cry:
Worst Grouse season ever.
In portions of the central Appalachians, the "worst" began trending that direction in the late 70s......and yes, it's a fair reason. :wink:

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:29 am

whatsnext wrote:How many members are on here ?
How often do they post ?
I read a good bit of very narrow minded or one sided post's on here and i would bet that is why a good portion of people just browse or lurk instead of post. The person of subject was very opinionated most likely to a fault but i sure hope he was not ousted for that alone and if he was..... well that say's less about him and more about other's.
Review the rules one agrees to when one becomes a member. Follow the rules and you got no problem.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:47 am

Sharon wrote:
whatsnext wrote:How many members are on here ?
How often do they post ?
Review the rules one agrees to when one becomes a member. Follow the rules and you got no problem.

I have seen moderators "bend" the rules so that is a moot point.

I will ask again how many new members post and post regularly?

Now lets ask why is it this way?

Luminary Setters

grousehunter123

Post by Luminary Setters » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:00 pm

If I remember correctly GH123 made it pretty clear that as long as he was snowed he would chum the water as long the fish would take the bait. I imagine the snow has melted in his coverts and he is outside with his dogs.

I only hope that when the dog days of summer return , and it is too hot to work the dogs, he returns to ruffle our feathers. He made some mad, some chuckle, and most of us give serious thought to one aspect or another of our sport. Hopefully his bell will go quiet often, and his points be true, at least 'till he returns.
Hunter Payne

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:04 pm

One problem is what the mods see as silly arguments, some people see as not arguments at all but defending themselves from personal insults. Of course it is a waste of time and you can't win..................CJ

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:24 pm

When certain people actually start to name call and those posts are removed and they were given a week to think about it and then come back and jump right back in and resort to name calling that requires more posts to be removed ...Guess what happens one just ventured into the permaban zone.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Luminary Setters

grousehunter123

Post by Luminary Setters » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:07 pm

It's not an easy job to moderate a board of this size. Complete censorship results yields an inactive forum that withers and dies, and ultimately the same happens without any moderation.

This board is both fortunate and cursed that the mods give the participants an opportunity to passionately express their opinions. Most that cross the line realize their mistake and correct themselves, Those that don't ultimately pay the price.

With every post the mods have to make a judgement call , some will always agree, some will always disagree. Do they bend they occasionally bend the rules ? Of course, and personally I think it is one of the reasons this is one of the most active forums of its type.
Hunter Payne

buckshot1

Post by buckshot1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:31 pm

whatsnext wrote: I will ask again how many new members post and post regularly?

Now lets ask why is it this way?
To the extent some of us don't post regularly, it's often because we want to avoid the muckrakers on the site. I think it's fine for people to disagree and express different viewpoints, but once you've stated your opinion, there's no reason to repeatedly attack anyone who disagrees with you in post after post. There are several posters who have obvious bones to pick who will wreck any thread that opens some old wound. I'm thinking mostly of the posters whose dogs didn't place at the one field trial they entered and therefore launch an attack in EVERY thread with the words "field trial" and some of the dog food threads. It's as if some of these people believe someone will crown them winners of the internet argument and send them blue ribbons in the mail. Most of us read those threads and choose to steer clear. I think the mods do a good job of shutting threads and posters down when things get out of hand, while also giving people the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully the forum will get back on track.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:53 pm

I am not saying anything negative about the mods i think any good keeper of the peace knows when to bend the rules and when to let people bend the rules, it is a slippery slope. As far as the name calling if that is the case and said person was warned then we all lay in our bed's right. As far as field trials go buckshot1 i hope to find out at the end of this month i sent my entry fee's in to run my 16 month old pup in open derby and my two year old for a nstra trial. Hopefully i wont be on here telling everyone how mean everybody was to me :twisted:

buckshot1

Post by buckshot1 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Whatsnext, if you try to have a good time, ask lots of questions, and don't take offense if the judges don't place your dogs, then I bet you'll enjoy the experience. I'm always satisfied if my dog puts down the run I'm looking for. A placement is just icing on the cake. That's the best frame of mind for a field trial in my experience. Good luck to you.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:40 pm

If anyone cares to check you can click on anyones name in a post and it brings up their profile. Amongst other information on there you will see "last visited". It seems the subject person was on the forum late yesterday afternoon.

mask

Post by mask » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Like a lot of people on this type of forum he talks much and hunts little. While his comments are sometimes amusing they do grow tiresome.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 pm

What's the purpose of discussing this individual. If you are pointing fingers, remember there's three coming back at you....

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 am

It seems to me that to get band on this forum, that you really have to be a Beligerant poster. Lord knows, I am in the middle of many a controversy old argument on this forum. Yet I have never been warned or threatened with being banned. I think the mods do a great job on here; anyone doesn't like it should simply find a different forum to post on. It has to be one of the most liberal forums on the Internet, and one of the most informative. If a person is warned Or banned, it is probably sorely deserved.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.