The Ultimate Hypocrisy

User avatar
Legband
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:44 pm
Location: Central California

The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Legband » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:22 am

If this doesn't show the lack of logic in the Liberal mind What does.
She is willing to Murder a unborn Child but is concerned for children exposed to Guns.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (84.77 KiB) Viewed 39983 times

shags
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by shags » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:09 am

Yep. That one is a particular piece of work.

diplomat019
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: New York

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by diplomat019 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:18 am

I don't even pay any mind to people who have that ideology or make comments like that. I don't even know where to begin. lol

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1885
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:09 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Trekmoor » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:29 pm

I had a minor disagreement with a man in this country on the subject of gun controls. He wanted every kind of gun banned. I asked him which "tool" killed the most children .....guns or cars ? The man was a bit of a car enthusiast but he had to agree that cars were the biggest killers by a long way, he still wanted to drive fast cars for fun though.

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by birddogger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:36 pm

I wonder if these people have ever researched and considered how many times a gun has saved a child and others. I am sure they haven't because saving lives is really not the issue with them. They just simply hate guns, due to extreme ignorance of firearms, propaganda and indoctrination.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
Legband
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:44 pm
Location: Central California

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Legband » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:06 pm

birddogger wrote:I wonder if these people have ever researched and considered how many times a gun has saved a child and others. I am sure they haven't because saving lives is really not the issue with them. They just simply hate guns, due to extreme ignorance of firearms, propaganda and indoctrination.

Charlie
You nailed it Charlie
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:46 pm

Not sure how this relates to gun dogs? Stick to what you're good at guys, it makes life go smoother.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
P&PGunsmith
Rank: Master Hunter
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 am
Location: Northern California

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by P&PGunsmith » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:58 am

mnaj_springer wrote:Not sure how this relates to gun dogs? Stick to what you're good at guys, it makes life go smoother.
Not sure? What is the first word in gundog.
Take Care
Pete

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by birddogger » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:00 am

P&PGunsmith wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Not sure how this relates to gun dogs? Stick to what you're good at guys, it makes life go smoother.
Not sure? What is the first word in gundog.
Good one!! :D

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
gotpointers
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 am
Location: Belen,Nm

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by gotpointers » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:03 am

I came across a similar post on Facebook last Tuesday and responded to just hear crickets. It's going to get worse if we don't all get together.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-09-05-07-55-07.png
My response #1 of 2
Screenshot_2014-09-05-07-55-07.png (163.42 KiB) Viewed 39053 times
Screenshot_2014-09-05-07-54-53.png
#2 of 2
Screenshot_2014-09-05-07-54-53.png (180.85 KiB) Viewed 39032 times

User avatar
gotpointers
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 am
Location: Belen,Nm

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by gotpointers » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:20 am

Just found this.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-09-05-08-15-40.png
Screenshot_2014-09-05-08-15-40.png (210.28 KiB) Viewed 39049 times

User avatar
P&PGunsmith
Rank: Master Hunter
Posts: 214
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 am
Location: Northern California

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by P&PGunsmith » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:29 am

the only chance we have is to be devious and sneaky, speak illogically but make everyone think it is logical. Problem is that would make us just like the left we don't want to be like. Did that make sense?
Take Care
Pete

User avatar
AZ Brittany Guy
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1417
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:00 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:26 pm

I think the Pointing Dog Forum even devoted a "category" for political threads. It was good since you could avoid it if you wanted to. The threads never seemed positive or productive. Some Progressive would always get offended and get everyone riled up. People would get offended, pissed off and kicked off.

User avatar
gotpointers
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 am
Location: Belen,Nm

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by gotpointers » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:11 pm

AZ Brittany Guy wrote:I think the Pointing Dog Forum even devoted a "category" for political threads. It was good since you could avoid it if you wanted to. The threads never seemed positive or productive. Some Progressive would always get offended and get everyone riled up. People would get offended, pissed off and kicked off.
I hope people do get offended and pissed off. Maybe then we can save our sport for our kids and grandchildren.

User avatar
Legband
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:44 pm
Location: Central California

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Legband » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:52 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Not sure how this relates to gun dogs? Stick to what you're good at guys, it makes life go smoother.
This is exactly what worries me .
I have no doubt springer loves to hunt but he doesn't see that this woman and many like her would strip his right to hunt away in a heart beat, with no regard for the constitution , our country's tradition of sport hunting , or a Freeman's ability to choose what's good for him and is family.
All under the scam that she cares about children when she clearly cares only about herself and her agenda.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:18 pm

Ok Legband, so first off, my comment was in regards to the "hypocrisy" part of this post. So let's clear that up. Secondly, I understand wanting to have guns for hunting, so do I, but how many successful attempts have there been to take guns for hunters? Let's not make an issue out of a non-issue. And please don't retort that gun-loving organizations have saved our guns, because a danger has never realistically existed.

The best way to fight people who want to take guns from hunters is to join them in a reasonable discussion on how to eliminate the things they don't want (gun violence, gang wars, school shootings, etc.). Extremism will not change anyone's mind, and neither will extreme criticism.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
Legband
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:44 pm
Location: Central California

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Legband » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:14 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Ok Legband, so first off, my comment was in regards to the "hypocrisy" part of this post. So let's clear that up. Secondly, I understand wanting to have guns for hunting, so do I, but how many successful attempts have there been to take guns for hunters? Let's not make an issue out of a non-issue. And please don't retort that gun-loving organizations have saved our guns, because a danger has never realistically existed.

The best way to fight people who want to take guns from hunters is to join them in a reasonable discussion on how to eliminate the things they don't want (gun violence, gang wars, school shootings, etc.). Extremism will not change anyone's mind, and neither will extreme criticism.
Man I couldn't disagree with you more and I can't believe I'm hearing a gun owner speak this way.
You can't believe that there have been no close calls to us losing our guns.
If you don't think the NRA has been the major player in us keeping our guns you are living in a bubble.
I hate to make accusations but you sound like a plant.
And serious discussions (really) the only discussion the left wants to have is how many guns do you have and when can they confiscate them.
That's like trying to talk radical Muslims into living in peace.
I'm sorry springer we can never agree on this.
liberals understand compromise to mean they get everything they want and you learn to live with it.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
Posts: 16644
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Legband wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Ok Legband, so first off, my comment was in regards to the "hypocrisy" part of this post. So let's clear that up. Secondly, I understand wanting to have guns for hunting, so do I, but how many successful attempts have there been to take guns for hunters? Let's not make an issue out of a non-issue. And please don't retort that gun-loving organizations have saved our guns, because a danger has never realistically existed.

The best way to fight people who want to take guns from hunters is to join them in a reasonable discussion on how to eliminate the things they don't want (gun violence, gang wars, school shootings, etc.). Extremism will not change anyone's mind, and neither will extreme criticism.
Man I couldn't disagree with you more and I can't believe I'm hearing a gun owner speak this way.
You can't believe that there have been no close calls to us losing our guns.
If you don't think the NRA has been the major player in us keeping our guns you are living in a bubble.
I hate to make accusations but you sound like a plant.
And serious discussions (really) the only discussion the left wants to have is how many guns do you have and when can they confiscate them.
That's like trying to talk radical Muslims into living in peace.
I'm sorry springer we can never agree on this.
liberals understand compromise to mean they get everything they want and you learn to live with it.
Don't know that it could be better stated or more accurate. Congrats. I live in a state near a city that banned all guns and it happened other places too.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Legband... You are officially part of the problem, not the solution. And it's funny you mention other extremists but forgot to mention yourself.

Also, not sure what calling someone a "plant" means, but considering just how much plants do for us (essentially providing all of our food) I won't take if too harshly.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

ckirsch
Rank: Champion
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:46 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by ckirsch » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:23 am

Perhaps the poster from Minnesota could provide specific examples of Legband's "extremism". Are you telling us that supporting the preservation of the Second Amendment through membership in the NRA is an "extreme" action?

User avatar
gotpointers
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 995
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:27 am
Location: Belen,Nm

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by gotpointers » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 am

Here's the mentality we're dealing with...
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-09-09-00-06-12.png
Screenshot_2014-09-09-00-06-12.png (247.59 KiB) Viewed 38574 times

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Extremists are unwilling to work with their opponents at all. Extremists tend not to provide solutions, but rather try to tear down their opponents. Are there liberal extremists? Yes, of course. Are there conservative extremists? Yes. But they (liberal and conservative extremists) make up the minority of our population. Will extremists attitudes be swayed by facts, logic, or reason? NO! But the majority of the people (moderates) will listen and consider changing their attitudes. But they won't change because we say they other side is wrong. We (hunters and gun-owners) have to prove we are right.

So your example is the original post. The negative propaganda did nothing to bring people together. It split people apart.

So the reasonable discussion I suggested is not to change the minds of those who will not budge, but to change the minds of the undecided.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Amelia,Ohio

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:35 pm

Yes by telling them the truth & that is Gun laws DO NOT work because criminals don't pay any attention to laws.
THAT IS A FACT!!! :roll:

I have a feeling we have been through this before like maybe you under a different user name.

cjhills
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am
Location: aitkin,mn

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by cjhills » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:10 pm

Legband wrote:
birddogger wrote:I wonder if these people have ever researched and considered how many times a gun has saved a child and others. I am sure they haven't because saving lives is really not the issue with them. They just simply hate guns, due to extreme ignorance of firearms, propaganda and indoctrination.

Charlie
You nailed it Charlie
Have you researched this...........cj

User avatar
Legband
Rank: Senior Hunter
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:44 pm
Location: Central California

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Legband » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:40 pm

cjhills wrote:
Legband wrote:
birddogger wrote:I wonder if these people have ever researched and considered how many times a gun has saved a child and others. I am sure they haven't because saving lives is really not the issue with them. They just simply hate guns, due to extreme ignorance of firearms, propaganda and indoctrination.

Charlie
You nailed it Charlie
Have you researched this...........cj
I have never researched it but there are numerous documented cases of legal gun owners and their children defending themselves from would be killers.
I do know this , I was raised in a area that was very poor and the majority of the young guys turned to crime , only my fathers strong influence and strong arm kept me out of the same end.
These guys had no regard for gun laws, the majority of them had illegal weapons many form Mexico others stolen.
The only law they obeyed was the law of self preservation.
If there was a good chance they were going to be shot by someone who would defend themselves the cowards picked on someone else who couldn't.

Gun laws only work on people who obey the law.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by birddogger » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:59 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Ok Legband, so first off, my comment was in regards to the "hypocrisy" part of this post. So let's clear that up. Secondly, I understand wanting to have guns for hunting, so do I, but how many successful attempts have there been to take guns for hunters? Let's not make an issue out of a non-issue. And please don't retort that gun-loving organizations have saved our guns, because a danger has never realistically existed.

The best way to fight people who want to take guns from hunters is to join them in a reasonable discussion on how to eliminate the things they don't want (gun violence, gang wars, school shootings, etc.). Extremism will not change anyone's mind, and neither will extreme criticism.
We will never change the minds of the left.....It is the inability to get people like yourself to wake up and get your head out of the hole before it is too late that is scary.

Also, there is no such thing as a "resonable discussion with the left". Again, trying to change their minds would be useless. We have to work on defeating them, it is our only chance.


Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:41 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Extremists are unwilling to work with their opponents at all. Extremists tend not to provide solutions, but rather try to tear down their opponents. Are there liberal extremists? Yes, of course. Are there conservative extremists? Yes. But they (liberal and conservative extremists) make up the minority of our population. Will extremists attitudes be swayed by facts, logic, or reason? NO! But the majority of the people (moderates) will listen and consider changing their attitudes. But they won't change because we say they other side is wrong. We (hunters and gun-owners) have to prove we are right.

So your example is the original post. The negative propaganda did nothing to bring people together. It split people apart.

So the reasonable discussion I suggested is not to change the minds of those who will not budge, but to change the minds of the undecided.
Charlie... I'm quoting myself because either you missed this post, misunderstood it, or purposely ignored it. I'm not saying we can change their minds, but rather we change the minds of the moderates (the majority of US citizens).

And no, I have only had one user name here.

Finally, let's make sure to remember there's a difference between Truth & Fact.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Amelia,Ohio

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:49 pm

So I take it your not an NRA member & don't believe in their views?

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:44 pm

If you're asking me, then no, I'm not. I believe that non-felon US citizens have the right to own guns. I don't see the reason for assault rifles, fully-automatic rifles and handguns, and high capacity magazines. Just don't see a use for them (maybe someone could explain why). I also don't see the harm in background checks.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by birddogger » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Charlie... I'm quoting myself because either you missed this post, misunderstood it, or purposely ignored it. I'm not saying we can change their minds, but rather we change the minds of the moderates (the majority of US citizens).

And no, I have only had one user name here.

Finally, let's make sure to remember there's a difference between Truth & Fact.
Nope, I didn't inore or misunderstand your post. I understand exactly where you are coming from.

There is a difference between truth and fact? :roll:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by birddogger » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:52 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:If you're asking me, then no, I'm not. I believe that non-felon US citizens have the right to own guns. I don't see the reason for assault rifles, fully-automatic rifles and handguns, and high capacity magazines. Just don't see a use for them (maybe someone could explain why). I also don't see the harm in background checks.
So you actually believe passing more laws will keep these things you mention out of the hands of evil people or do anything other than restrict the law abiding citizens? And would you explain what is considered to be an assault rifle? Seems to me the term "assault rifle" is used for nothing more than to play on the emotions of people who don't know any better and is basically determined only by what the weapon looks like, which IMO, is absurd. BTW, once we head down that road, the vast majority of guns could be defined as assault weapons and the left knows it!!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Charlie,

When did I say we should pass more laws?

There already is a working definition of assault rifle in place from the Federal Assault Rifle Ban. I think the biggest thing is the ability to attach tactical equipment, like grenade launchers and such.

Facts are objective and can be proven (actually disproven). Truths can be subjective and supersede facts.

Also, meth is illegal and people still use it, so should we make it legal since if already happens? Same with marijuana, drunk driving, or murder. Or even a smaller thing... People speed but should we eliminate speed limits. Point being, the premise of your "it happens already" argument doesn't hold water.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
Posts: 16644
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 pm

birddogger wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:If you're asking me, then no, I'm not. I believe that non-felon US citizens have the right to own guns. I don't see the reason for assault rifles, fully-automatic rifles and handguns, and high capacity magazines. Just don't see a use for them (maybe someone could explain why). I also don't see the harm in background checks.
So you actually believe passing more laws will keep these things you mention out of the hands of evil people or do anything other than restrict the law abiding citizens? And would you explain what is considered to be an assault rifle? Seems to me the term "assault rifle" is used for nothing more than to play on the emotions of people who don't know any better and is basically determined only by what the weapon looks like, which IMO, is absurd. BTW, once we head down that road, the vast majority of guns could be defined as assault weapons and the left knows it!!

Charlie
Springer, So you are saying there is no need for any type of a gun that you see no need for, and of course that is exactly the same argument that the rest of the liberals are using. And that is the same argument they use for every other thing they want to change. And your argument about all of the sensible moderates that are in the middle of every discussion, how many moderates can you name from the past that really did anything that will go down in history? Or how many wars have been won or even ended by compromise? People who make a difference in this world have a believe and they will work tirelessly to make that believe come to realization, in other words activist and not moderates who have a history of riding the fence till they see which side is winning. So I don't want you to worry or fall off of your fence, since we already have passed laws prohibiting fully automatics, and we are working on the term assault since it describes an action that is taken by an individual and not a weapon or a tool. I don't think we will make handguns illegal to own or use for whatever activity you want to participate in such as hunting, plinking, target shooting or even personal protection. And background checks are already in place in much of our country as there is no real harm in the check if we can assure how they are used after thy are obtained. Historically they have been part of the formula governments have used to confiscate guns from their people, which isn't something we will put up with in this country. You know I have a knife collection and I am confused which are assault knives and which would meet your moderate views and be OK to keep and use. I know a lot of people have died by being assaulted by an individual but I do not know if they killed their victims with a plain old knife or the dreaded assault knife. Or maybe it doesn't make any difference since the victim is dead and the assaulter happened to be a person and not the knife.

Charlie, we just have to keep fighting I guess as there is always someone who likes to think they know how people will act even though history has dictated a completely different result is very likely.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by birddogger » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:53 am

Charlie, we just have to keep fighting I guess as there is always someone who likes to think they know how people will act even though history has dictated a completely different result is very likely.
Yeah, we do have to keep fighting because the liberals will never quit. They say they only want certain restrictions and when they succeed, they begin pushing for more. People like us know what their ultimate goal is, and I, for one, will never stop fighting and doing my best to educate others on the truth/facts.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by birddogger » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:07 am

Springer, all these illegal drugs and other types of unacceptable actions that you speak of are not and never were protected rights by the constitution.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
nikegundog
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1508
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:21 am
Location: SW Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by nikegundog » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:55 am

When it comes election time we need to look real hard our parties candidates, I found it real spooky that the republicans and democrats both ran anti-gun candidates for President, that was a real let down.

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:13 am

I am really starting to worry about the literacy of other posters here... Ezzy, I said that I don't see a reason for guns outside of the ones used for hunting and personal protection. I also asked if someone would explain the need... I'm willing to listen but no one is answering my question.

Also, you're right about activists affecting change, but all those middle-of-the-road folks are voters who can change legislation via voting... That's why I am saying we have a reasonable conversation, to sway voters.

Now twist my words again. Also. I'm not a liberal.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

shags
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by shags » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:26 am

If it thinks like a liberal, types posts like a liberal...then what is it? :?:

because you don't see a need for something shouldn't mean that whatever it is should be denied others in the lawful possession or use of it.

There are folks who don't see a need for something as simple as an ecollar or prong collar and their agenda pushed through and now the collars are illegal in some places. Other people don't see a need for intact dogs and now spay neuter is mandatory where they live. What happens when there is "no need" for wood stoves, charcoal grills, gas lawn mowers, large sodas, salted fries, and cookies in a kid's lunch. They get banned as has already happened.

Be careful what you wish for. The erosion of our rights is insidious and occurs because of thought processes like yours.

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:13 am

Shags, you are kidding me right? I said I don't see a need and asked what the need is... Yet no one has given me an answer! I never said I was even opposed to them... Just I don't have a use for them personally.

And please, define a liberal for me...
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
Posts: 16644
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:44 am

mnaj_springer wrote:Shags, you are kidding me right? I said I don't see a need and asked what the need is... Yet no one has given me an answer! I never said I was even opposed to them... Just I don't have a use for them personally.

And please, define a liberal for me...
In todays society there is little "need" for any gun plus a thousand other things you own. The real need is nothing more than protection from our government and people who want to do us harm. Other than that they are toys we play with and luckily it is our right in this country to do just that.

And a Liberal is a person who thinks his opinion is better than everyone else's and tries to force that opinion on you because it makes them feel good. A conservative still believes you should have the right to take care of yourself and will even help you do just that if and when you ask them to. In our world a short way of saying it is the liberals want to spend your money because they know more than you do about how it should be spent. Just remember you will seldom ever see a liberal with their hands in their own pockets.

We aren't misreading your post and you are not fooling anybody other than yourself about being liberal. What seems to escape you is liberalism is a thought process that says you need to explain to me why you need anything I don't think you need. If you can't or won't do that then you are a radical that can't be dealt with. All we are saying you have a right to believe whatever you want but you don't have the right to make the rest of us to follow your believes.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:11 am

This is ridiculous. I haven't asked any of you to change what you do. I suggested a reasonable, well-thought out discussion would sway more people (aka undecided voters) to support Second Amendment rights than bashing opponents and alienating people would. That was my original point.

If I would've known that asking what people use guns different than mine for was so painful to answer, I wouldn't have asked. But questions are how we learn. (Still curious what people use large capacity magazines for)

And everyone here has tried to force their opinions, so I guess we're all liberals. I doubt that's true but it falls under the definition provided. You can call me a liberal if you like... It seems to fit me: I'm a trap-shooting, income tax despising, God fearing, abortion hating, Catholic liberal!
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

cjhills
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:37 am
Location: aitkin,mn

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by cjhills » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:54 am

Springer you are right. You can not have a reasonable discussion with these people. I did not know that being a conservative was a requirement to post on this Forum.
Most of the older people were liberals when they had to make a living. But when they got a little money,because of the help they got from liberal politics and labor union, they took their money and switched sides. .If it wasn't for the liberals the working classes would still be picking poop with the chickens. I do wonder why you despise taxes since you get quite a bit for your tax dollar and a government would find it difficult to run without money.
If you are on here long enough you will be amazed at the names people call you.
I to see no reason for more than 4or5 shot magazines. If I haven't hit what I am shooting at by then it is probably to far away. But as we lean more toward a more metropolitan society, hunting is becoming less popular and when your kid or a neighbors kid gets caught in the crossfire of gun toting gangs it is little wonder that people are becoming more gun shy. Meaningful dialogue will be what saves the guns not wild eyed extremists and there very likely will come time when guns are very restricted at the least. If you think your guns will save you from some government conspiracy or invasion you are sadly mistaken. Quite A few people have tried that. Most are no longer with us...........................Cj

User avatar
Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Amelia,Ohio

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:03 am

Large compacity mags are used to hold more ammuntition in the weapon for less reloading! does that answer your question? Yes it's a sarcastic answer just like your question. :roll:

enough said.

CJ remember I have no money told you that before & you told me you do so what side are you on.Like I give a c--p.

shags
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2480
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by shags » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:44 am

cjhills wrote: Most of the older people were liberals when they had to make a living. But when they got a little money,because of the help they got from liberal politics and labor union, they took their money and switched sides. .....Cj
Yeah, lots of people start out as liberals...then they grow up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie
Posts: 1630
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:23 pm
Location: State?...The one where ruffed grouse were.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:53 am

Re firearm magazines, et al...the gulf is between the disparate ideas of want and need and the freedom to choose for either reason.

In this country, most do not need a high capacity firearm.
A bit different in say, Israel.
Yes, I know, crime is indeed showing up in ever more new areas and in, at times, greater degree.
But, in this country, many want a high capacity magazine as that simply and purely represents a freedom and is a positive blow struck for gun rights and fighting the popular 1 inch = 1 mile thinking and, truthfully, the magazines can be fun.
All independent of actual need....imagined need or need to be a Walter Mitty vanquishing foes at Front & Elm Streets does enter the mix.
Personally, I think the later two "wants" are reason enough for ownership, even tho I have no fears at home or in the field....from wolves, wild dogs, bigfeets, vandals, etc.
Well satisfied with my ability to repel boarders sans SWAT-like window-dressing.

"Wants", if legality and responsibility are in place, are enough, along with that pesky Constitution thingee, of course. :idea:
So, I'm pretty much ok with wanting being enough, w/o need for explanation.
I do find very little in common and little recognizable with hunters and many gun owners today...so many other issues of concern afoot.
Yet, the world spins.....while each side bicker like younkers.

A consideration tho...going too far with the 1" = 1 mile fear tho can turn folks off, folks that gun owners need.
The NRA has made that mistake many times with their fixed approach of ME to problem solving and they have alienated the aunts and uncles, gramps and grannies who VOTE ...often the gun owner's way, or used to.
Pretty dumb to ignore voters or write them off as...liberal, when really they may simply not tow the present party line of all things firearm.
It is just more of the same old Them Vs. Us that represents such a problem in America today towards moving the country forward.
The issue is not one of Liberal or Conservative, the issue is neither having the sense that God gave a goat, to think beyond their own front bead on agenda.

I'm glad yet again to be 62.

mnaj_springer
Rank: 5X Champion
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 pm
Location: Northern Minnesota

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:Large compacity mags are used to hold more ammuntition in the weapon for less reloading! does that answer your question? Yes it's a sarcastic answer just like your question. :roll:

enough said.

CJ remember I have no money told you that before & you told me you do so what side are you on.Like I give a c--p.
My question wasn't sarcastic. I really don't know when or why a magazine holding 10+ rounds is used...
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

User avatar
Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie
Posts: 2079
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Amelia,Ohio

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:09 pm

So why do you care & is it any of your business & is it any of the Gov't business if I own guns or not?? How many ,what kind & use of them? No one tells you to own or not to own anything you don't want so don't question my reasons or my ownership.

User avatar
Boolywooger
Rank: Junior Hunter
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 am
Location: Roswell, Ga

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by Boolywooger » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:17 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:My question wasn't sarcastic. I really don't know when or why a magazine holding 10+ rounds is used...
Duh?!?! For the Zombie Apocalypse of course. :P

User avatar
birddogger
GDF Junkie
Posts: 3776
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:09 pm
Location: Bunker Hill, IL.

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by birddogger » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Btw, the same people are going after your Springers too and why not....you don't need them anyway. Also, let's ban all hunting because nobody needs to hunt in this day and age..... Oh, I forgot, the liberals are already on that.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

User avatar
ezzy333
GDF Junkie
Posts: 16644
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Dixon IL

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:00 pm

On the no hunting and also no dog.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Post Reply