The Ultimate Hypocrisy

P&PGunsmith

Re: The Ultimate Hypocrisy

Post by P&PGunsmith » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:22 am

I am amazed that on a hunting site, some of the thoughts that I see in the replys. Would have never thought, maybe we are in trouble when people with guns want to know why I want magazine capacity. Believe me they want your side by side just as much as an AR 15. Magazine capacity can be so many things including just not wanting to reload as often or since today is 9-11 maybe I want to be prepared if they come my way. I am proud of the fact that I will be firing multiple rounds and not reloading my over and under every couple of seconds. maybe or hopefully that day will never come but I am ready if it does. take a million home gun owners with my thought process and that in itself is a big army. They want your guns, your hunting dogs and anything to do with our way of life. Have you ever tried to talk to anyone like that, there will be no compromise they want us all to sit and talk and be draped in flowers and rainbows. Ok I need to stop.
Take Care
Pete

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:14 am

I now have the DSM-V memorized.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:24 am

When a man or men break into your house to rape your wife & daughters,you are going to sit down & talk with them to compromise to just be GENTLE or are you going to fight with everything you have in you to protect them?
What planet do you guys come from because it's sure not the one I live on!! :?

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Did you just equate gun control legislation with men raping female relatives? Seriously dude, go get help. There's something fundamentally wrong with you if you believe they are even slightly comparable. A psychologist, a psychiatrist, or even talk to any woman... Maybe you'll get some perspective on life then. My God.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”

Legband

Post by Legband » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:11 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:If you're asking me, then no, I'm not. I believe that non-felon US citizens have the right to own guns. I don't see the reason for assault rifles, fully-automatic rifles and handguns, and high capacity magazines. Just don't see a use for them (maybe someone could explain why). I also don't see the harm in background checks.
Well obviously your view should be law.
Oh wait what about the guy who thinks you don't need a gun to hunt his view should be law.
Or how about the nut case that says no guns at all his view should be law.

Or how about the second amendment that allowed citizens the right to have enough fire power to protect themselves from a overbearing intrusive government like the one we have now.
I vote for the second amendment and it will defend your right to own weapons even if you are to naive to defend your rights or the rights of others around you.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:18 pm

Legband wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:If you're asking me, then no, I'm not. I believe that non-felon US citizens have the right to own guns. I don't see the reason for assault rifles, fully-automatic rifles and handguns, and high capacity magazines. Just don't see a use for them (maybe someone could explain why). I also don't see the harm in background checks.
Oh wait what about the guy who thinks you don't need a gun to hunt his view should be law.

Or how about the second amendment that allowed citizens the right to have enough fire power to protect themselves from a overbearing intrusive government like the one we have now.
I vote for the second amendment and it will defend your right to own weapons even if you are to naive to defend your rights or the rights of others around you.
You make wild inferences that a reasonable person wouldn't make. Either that or you're incapable of reading the entire post.

Legband

Post by Legband » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:34 pm

No I understand what your saying springer , but I don't believe you understand the implications of what your saying.
History shows if you open the door to taking a small part of your rights , it is only a matter of time until you have no rights in that area at all.
You seem like a reasonable person and perhaps you think the liberals are reasonable as well but they are not.
You are thinking compromise , the are thinking domination.
They will not stop until they have it all and your lack of understanding their goal is helping them.
There can be no giving in on this issue not for crime , not safety , not for any reason.
Read your history Hitler sold the idea of no guns to the German people under the disguise of safety.
Then when they had confiscated all the weapons their could be no resistance to his evil goal.
Wake up man your living in a utopian dream world.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:40 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
Legband wrote:

You make wild inferences that a reasonable person wouldn't make. Either that or you're incapable of reading the entire post.
You have made this comment about our reading skills several times and once again I read it again and I still get the same answer all the rest of the people are getting. Think maybe you better look at what and how you are posting if you think you don't really mean what you say. Until you change the tone of your post I think you will find most people will read them just as most on this board are reading them. Example:
I don't see the reason for assault rifles, fully-automatic rifles and handguns, and high capacity magazines. Just don't see a use for them (maybe someone could explain why).
What are you trying to say when you say you don't see any reason why we should have these items and then ask if anyone could explain to you why we should. Does that not really say if it was left up to you, we wouldn't have those things you don't think we should have. If you are so innocent why was there a need to even point out those items since no one was asking what you think in the first place.

Argue as much as you want, but till you change your ideas I think you have been well defined and that doesn't mean you can't own a gun you think is OK, Just means we shouldn't own a gun you don't think is OK. That by the way would fit well into the attitude of what is called liberalism, which also says lack of freedom to do what you want as long as you are not interfering with someone else's rights.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:56 pm

I've explained what I meant several times Ezzy. And the reason ya'll are struggling to read is that you let your biases, prejeduices, etc., get in the way of just reading what is said and taking at at face value. Sorry, to be the voice that challenges all of your old, rigid thinking, but it is what it is.

What bothers me right now is that someone so insensitively says that gun control laws and rape are equally devastating and you still focus on what I am saying. What does this say about the morality of posters in this thread?

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:59 pm

My perspective on life comes from a little more experience then yours young man!! :lol: Going to send you a PM.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:13 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:I've explained what I meant several times Ezzy. And the reason ya'll are struggling to read is that you let your biases, prejeduices, etc., get in the way of just reading what is said and taking at at face value. Sorry, to be the voice that challenges all of your old, rigid thinking, but it is what it is.

What bothers me right now is that someone so insensitively says that gun control laws and rape are equally devastating and you still focus on what I am saying. What does this say about the morality of posters in this thread?
Not a thing. It may say something about how you perceive the insensitivity of the individual that said that but that in itself probably says just as much about the person hearing it as it does about the person saying it. You need to remember when you hear something that offends you, that is your problem and not the person saying it. Today there is very few opinions that don't offend someone and they are the ones that need to get over it, for if it is the speakers problem we could never say anything because it either does or might offend someone. Political correctness has done more to halt communication than all other factors combined in todays world. Lets hope we can get back to some form of reasonableness before it is too late.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Ok. I know women and girls who have been raped by strangers as well as men they knew and should've been able to trust. I have seen the devastation it has caused them. They don't feel safe ever and will never have a normal relationship with a man or caregiver ever again. You think his is the same? Go get help as well.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:16 pm

Yeah I know a few myself & if they had had a gun they would have blown the scum away but people like you would take that right away from them.

Legband

Post by Legband » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:57 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:I've explained what I meant several times Ezzy. And the reason ya'll are struggling to read is that you let your biases, prejeduices, etc., get in the way of just reading what is said and taking at at face value. Sorry, to be the voice that challenges all of your old, rigid thinking, but it is what it is.

I'm not certain that's what was said ,
but if you take your logic out to its fullest extent then they are equally devastating.
Because with out the ability to keep the government in check you will have tyranny and under tyrannical rule history records every disgusting immoral crime there is perpetrated on the people.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Legband, really? The women You know agree?

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:20 am

How typical of the liberal mindset. Any disagreement with their ideas becomes an issue of lack of morals, intelligence, sensitivity toward other people, etc. it can't be simply a difference of stance on a topic, it must involve insults and insinuation that those who disagree are not quite as wonderful and somehow substandard as human beings :roll:

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:47 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:Yeah I know a few myself & if they had had a gun they would have blown the scum away but people like you would take that right away from them.
I made it pretty clear that a) I'm not trying to take any guns away, and b) I staunchly defend the right to own handguns. Look back and see.

Legband

Post by Legband » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:13 am

mnaj_springer wrote:Legband, really? The women You know agree?
Your limited thought on this is amazing.
It's not a emotional the response from someone who hasn't been through it that we are talking about.
Ask the Jewish women of World War II if they agree they lived through the evil brought about by tyranny.
It's not my opinion or your opinion it's historical fact.
Not being able to defend themselves brought on the theft of everything they owned, being beaten , being raped and worse,
Being starved ,and finally being killed.
Your lack of belief in the depravity in mans heart and that unbridled power corrupts to the worse degree distorts your entire perspective.
I can not remember who the British Lord or Prime Minister was that kept saying we can sit down and have reasonable discussions with the Hitler , but Churchill and others tried their hardest to convince them you can't talk to people like this .
Finally as the bombs started dropping he resigned admitting his blindness and desire to see some good in these people lead to England being left a victim.
It's like trying to talk to radical Muslims , all they want is you dead.
Gun control wack jobs want all guns gone period , not just because they hate guns but because they want total control.
No rights for you.
It's not the little school girl moms who are anti gun that have the agenda.
It's the liberal power brokers who have a total control mentality.
In their view they will tell you what's good for you because your too stupid to know.
And they deserve tribute for being so wise , so while you are in poverty the live in luxury.
Read your history it tells the whole story for the ages.
The only thing that separates us is our right to control our government by force if necessary.
Last edited by Legband on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:45 am

Legband it seems he can't rap his mind around that simple fact pass one gun control law & it leads to another & pretty soon there are no more guns.

I am not politically correct & don't care to be it's all phoney BS I will not say anything behind your back that I will not say to your face.I know some don't like that but I don't like or trust people that blow smoke up your butt.
So yes I guess my wife & I are cognitively underdeveloped as mnaj stated in his last PM. :lol:

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:03 am

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:...as mnaj stated in his last PM. :lol:
Kinda, sorta eliminates the Private in PM, eh?
Lot of wrong-headedness out and about....imho.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:08 am

Just showing who is really insensitive.My wife has nothing to do with any of this he should come say it to my face or her face even. :wink:

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:14 am

I just watched a video of a man getting hacked with a machete (but crazy "bleep" like that doesn't happen) at a train station but you are right a handgun would be useless no need for one at all. When people are being attacked they should feel sorry for the attacker's just imagine how bad there life is, so with every kick or punch or swing of the machete they give you please say your sorry.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:10 pm

whatsnext wrote:I just watched a video of a man getting hacked with a machete (but crazy "bleep" like that doesn't happen) at a train station but you are right a handgun would be useless no need for one at all. When people are being attacked they should feel sorry for the attacker's just imagine how bad there life is, so with every kick or punch or swing of the machete they give you please say your sorry.
Who are you saying is right? I have read this thread and nobody said one thing against handguns. In fact Springer was quite clear in pointing out that he was not against handguns. But you people read what you want to read not what the OP writes.
Do you think every body should be allowed to pack a gun with no restrictions or rules.................................................Cj

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:57 pm

We already have all the restrictions & rules we need if they only worked but they don't & NEVER WILL because criminals could care less about any of them.When will any of you do gooders realize this?? :roll:
:roll: I guess now we know which side CJ is on.Who would have guessed? :lol:

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:39 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:We already have all the restrictions & rules we need if they only worked but they don't & NEVER WILL because criminals could care less about any of them.When will any of you do gooders realize this?? :roll:
:roll: I guess now we know which side CJ is on.Who would have guessed? :lol:
It would seem so. But then, have you ever seen a thread where CJ posted and was not argumentative?

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:29 pm

:lol: :wink:

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:44 pm

While some of the gun control faction can seem reasonable as they claim to seek compromise, but the fact that their end goal is the end of all private gun ownership renders it unwise to engage with them.

They know it might take 100 years, but they plan to do it a step at a time. And they have proven they will lie and cheat to reach that goal.

And I need a handgun because they are smaller and much easier to carry than a police officer. A so called assault rifle because they are designed for the task of killing and a high capacity magazine because it might be needed in low light where accuracy is difficult at best.

Instant background checks would be fine if they were properly done and not as a tool to make legal ownership more expensive and burdensome.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:42 am

cjhills wrote:
whatsnext wrote:I just watched a video of a man getting hacked with a machete (but crazy "bleep" like that doesn't happen) at a train station but you are right a handgun would be useless no need for one at all. When people are being attacked they should feel sorry for the attacker's just imagine how bad there life is, so with every kick or punch or swing of the machete they give you please say your sorry.
Who are you saying is right? I have read this thread and nobody said one thing against handguns. In fact Springer was quite clear in pointing out that he was not against handguns. But you people read what you want to read not what the OP writes.
Do you think every body should be allowed to pack a gun with no restrictions or rules.................................................Cj

No one said that they do not see a reason for handgun's?

When someone say's they do not see a reason for something I believe it will only be a matter of time before they see the same reason for everyone else and make the decision for them, you know the foot in the door.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:42 am

You all need to improve your reading comprehension skills.

When someone says they want to have a reasonable debate resulting in an intelligent compromise, and start with not seeing a reason for what is our Constitutional Right, you are continuing down the path of a total ban. The journey started in the 1930's with the full automatic restrictions, and continues with the CCW. All are unconstitutional, the Government does not have the right to tax and restrict my right to bear arms. I have the right to lawful concealed carry without license or other taxes, such as classroom instruction.

Neil

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:37 pm

I believe the Second Amendment states that the right to keep and bear arms will not be infringed.

So some have interpreted this to mean you can have any weapon you want without regulation, am I understanding you correctly?

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:47 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:I believe the Second Amendment states that the right to keep and bear arms will not be infringed.

So some have interpreted this to mean you can have any weapon you want without regulation, am I understanding you correctly?
First, please respond to your comment about not seeing a need for assault rifles and handguns.

You are understanding correctly, however, from the time of its inception the liberals have been working to eliminate it wholly. Many cities had restrictions on guns even as the 2nd amendment was ratified. One of the first acts of the Earps and other town tamers of the Old West was to ban all guns creating a police state. Admitting I would do the same does not make it right.

So, yes all gun laws are unconstitutional.

Neil

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:23 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:I believe the Second Amendment states that the right to keep and bear arms will not be infringed.

And who should determine which weapons should be banned or regulated and which ones should not? The left started with only the so called "Saturday Night Special", whatever that is. They do not and will not stop!

Charlie

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Neil wrote:

First, please respond to your comment about not seeing a need for assault rifles and handguns.

You are understanding correctly, however, from the time of its inception the liberals have been working to eliminate it wholly. Many cities had restrictions on guns even as the 2nd amendment was ratified. One of the first acts of the Earps and other town tamers of the Old West was to ban all guns creating a police state. Admitting I would do the same does not make it right.

So, yes all gun laws are unconstitutional.

Neil
I never opposed handguns.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:11 pm

birddogger wrote:

And who should determine which weapons should be banned or regulated and which ones should not? The left started with only the so called "Saturday Night Special", whatever that is. They do not and will not stop!

Charlie
I was hoping for a "yes" or "no" answer... Just so I understand your view.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Neil wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:[/b] I don't see the reason for assault rifles, fully-automatic rifles and handguns, and high capacity magazines. Just don't see a use for them (maybe someone could explain why). I also don't see the harm in background checks.

Neil
So if you can't remember what you write, perhaps your reading skills are better. Please read the above to refresh your faulty memory and respond.

Neil

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Neil wrote:
Neil wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:[/b] I don't see the reason for assault rifles, fully-automatic rifles and handguns, and high capacity magazines. Just don't see a use for them (maybe someone could explain why). I also don't see the harm in background checks.

Neil
So if you can't remember what you write, perhaps your reading skills are better. Please read the above to refresh your faulty memory and respond.

Neil
Fully automatic rifles and fully automatic handguns... I grouped two things together. Then I used a comma followed by "and" to separate the next item. My writing and reading skills are just fine. Correction: My writing skills and my reading skills are just fine.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Neil I read that also but I gave him benefit of the doubt by taking it as he meant fully automatic handguns but like many others see no reason a law abiding citizen shouldn't be allowed to own any type,any number,or as large capacity mags as they want .I do not believe it's the Gov't business & background checks,CCW License,Gun Reg,ect.are all the beginning of Gun Confiscation & altimatley the end of guns of any kind.!! :evil:

Just to add this no matter what it is there is some one against it,hunting,guns,dogs,eating meat,training animals,rodeo animals,zoos,& on it goes some one is against it & would do away with it if possible,Just because manj doesn't like it we shouldn't do it.Heck murders & killers would do away with jail & prisons also but there I go again!! :lol:

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:28 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
birddogger wrote:

Charlie
I was hoping for a "yes" or "no" answer... Just so I understand your view.
No problem. That would be a "yes". Do you see a reason that I shouldn't, other than I don't need them?

Charlie

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:29 pm

Fully automatic weapons have not been available to the public without a class 3 license since 1968, so I am not sure why he would discuss the need for something that we can't legally own as he mentioned those they are trying to take away. He is right about the comma, but there have been so few automatic handguns manufactured or converted the statement is ludicrous. It is like saying I don't see a need for unicorns.

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:42 am

diplomat019 wrote:I don't even pay any mind to people who have that ideology or make comments like that. I don't even know where to begin. lol
That is traditional thought, do not pay attention to the libtards. However the correct thinking is keep your friends close and your enemy's even closer. watch and listen to what the Lib Progs are doing and you will be in a better position to counter their incremental destruction of freedom and liberty.
I'm 100% in favor of LGBT - Liberty, Guns, Bacon and Trump.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Gimme my M4 with 30rd mags and I am happy. Suck it to anyone who says I don't need it.... Maybe I just want it.

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:05 pm

Yes, Whether it was the flintlock of the times or the AR of today. I am quite sure George Washington would have loved to carry an AR. :D and he would have wiped out the british quick. Today if we did not have the guns we have and something happens we may as well be carrying nothing.
Are you an NRA member?
Take Care
Pete

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 pm

He stated he is not an NRA member & doesn't believe in their views. :roll:

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:50 pm

Gunsmith.... I'm not a member of the NRA. But I've said all I will on this topic, at least here.

jack the dog

Post by jack the dog » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:44 am

Thank goodness!
Let me always be the person my dog thinks I am.

LarryH

Post by LarryH » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:01 am

I picked up a new Browning Buckmark .22 pistol yesterday.

Headed to the farm this morning to spend a few dozen rounds.

God Bless America!!!

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:22 pm

They already banned Hi-Cap mags for 10yrs and both the FBI and ATF saw no decrease in crimes committed with those guns so the law died.

It seems hypocritical that the same person who stated that they see no need for handguns and Hi cap mags would later say that they aren't against guns being owned for protection. As a firearm instructor, I see no need to use a 2 shot Double barrel when I could have a 10 shot. I also have handguns that I use in competition that hold between 19- 30 Rds so yes, Im against any limit on mag capacity.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 pm

If you're referring to me you better go back and do some reading because you've already misquoted me.

But since I'm back here I want to touch on a point that Mr. Ted Meyers made about women he knows more or less shooting would be rapists... An acquaintance of mine who has her conceal and carry license, who I know brings her handgun everywhere, was recently raped. Judging from her story, she was drugged, likely a roofie. So Ted, your point is all well and good in the scenario of stranger rape, but that is less than 10% of rape. Most rape happens like my friend experienced... Perpetrated by people the women know, when their guards are down. So please don't use that argument anymore. It's a disservice to women, perpetuating myths that allow for false security.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:14 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:If you're referring to me you better go back and do some reading because you've already misquoted me.

But since I'm back here I want to touch on a point that Mr. Ted Meyers made about women he knows more or less shooting would be rapists... An acquaintance of mine who has her conceal and carry license, who I know brings her handgun everywhere, was recently raped. Judging from her story, she was drugged, likely a roofie. So Ted, your point is all well and good in the scenario of stranger rape, but that is less than 10% of rape. Most rape happens like my friend experienced... Perpetrated by people the women know, when their guards are down. So please don't use that argument anymore. It's a disservice to women, perpetuating myths that allow for false security.
I have trained many more women who were able to avoid rape because they were armed and most of the rest came to me because they had been raped or attempted and I can only remember 1 that knew her rapist. Over 20yrs of working with 2 of the largest Metro areas in the country proves to me that demography can skew those numbers but I can promise that Its much higher than 10%

Most major Police departments actually encourage women to arm themselves and receive training. Not sure where your getting your numbers but rape isn't the only thing that needs protection from... Robbery, assault and car jacking are a few others.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Do you really think that every woman who has been raped reported it to you? And the numbers can vary but he most accurate numbers come from anonymous surveys. Most acquaintance rapes are not reported (for a variety of reasons) so police reports are not accurate.