Gun Control

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Gun Control

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:57 am

http://news.yahoo.com/three-midterm-vot ... 38289.html

Just some light reading for those who are interested in things we need to be concerned about.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

greg jacobs

Re: Gun Control

Post by greg jacobs » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:03 am

In WA it was financed by liberal billionaires. The liberal west side voted it in and I bet most didn't know all that was hidden in the initiative. It was promoted as closing the background check loopholes but contained far more. Much was undefined. Which means it could be far worse than we even know. It was a sad day for my kind of folks.

gamekeeper

Post by gamekeeper » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:21 pm

Background checks are needed

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Sure because criminals do everything LEGAL!! :roll:

Fran Seagren

Post by Fran Seagren » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:53 pm

We live in Washington. The way the initiatives were written would, at a glance, make people believe they were doing the responsible thing. I believe that many people don't read more than what's right out front. And then, of course, Washington is a liberal state.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:17 am

Fran is dead on. Many gun owners voted for it. They did exactly what gamekeeper did. They read the bold print and made a decision and voted without having knowledge of the content. My suggestion is you all read that initiative in full. It's 16 or 18 pages long. There are a couple billionaires and several anti gun groups that may spend millions in your state. There are things in that initiative that will turn the law abiding citizen into a criminal. Have you ever loaned a gun to anyone, sold a gun without a background check or "safety check" whatever that is, handed your gun to a friend to let them shoot it. Your a Criminal. Be informed they could come to your state next.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:05 am

Where is the initiative so it can be read?

Also, I'm not sure why Mike Vanderboegh was interviewed by Yahoo for this, but the GOP and NRA may want to think twice about getting into bed with him.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:45 pm

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... FYwKBR_g5w

I Google it and found it as a pdf file.
WA initiative 594
A big problem is all sales and "transfers" have to have background checks.
The definition of transfer includes but is not limited to "gifts and loans."
Background checks have to be done by dealers.
Exemptions are for antique guns and gifts to immediate family, hunting with a immediate family member that is a minor. It would be best to read the exemptions. I'm going by memory and it's been several days.

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Washington state on the wet side used to be a great place to live. I know, I live there for 25 years, but when Booth Gardner became governor, that is when the tides turn. Now it is a place to visit and that is it. You could not pay me to live there unless it was on the east side of the mountains. Just saying. :)
Edit to post: Even then you are at the West side rules.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:02 pm

20141102_113545_zps8b409806.JPG
20141102_123211_zps9faa28b0-1.JPG
I live on the dry side. This is 20 minutes from home
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:19 pm

Good deal. :) I know at one time that the east siders we trying to divide Washington state into two sides. Too bad that didn't happen. I thought is was a good game plan, but guess who trump it. :)

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:29 pm

They should make 2 states from Oregon and Washington but split them at the cascades not the Columbia river. That would increase my in state hunting by a fair amount.

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Yep..I believe from Thorp and beyond east. :)

gamekeeper

Post by gamekeeper » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Divide and conquer,East side- west side,liberal -conservative accomplishes nothing.We are all in this together ,the sooner the labels are dropped and positive attitudes in place progress will be made for all.

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:56 pm

gamekeeper wrote:Divide and conquer,East side- west side,liberal -conservative accomplishes nothing.We are all in this together ,the sooner the labels are dropped and positive attitudes in place progress will be made for all.
that's a great thought right along with rainbows and pots of gold. that division is actually what keeps us very strong as well. Think about it if we were all in this together with no checks and balances, it would all be one as you say. Well what if you don't believe in the way the one is handled, then it would go right back to the division again. It is too bad that the two sides have to be so far apart, that to me is the problem.
Take Care
Pete

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Vonzeppelinkennels wrote:Sure because criminals do everything LEGAL!! :roll:
We have had background checks in California for quite awhile. it has completely stopped criminals from having guns. :mrgreen: :D :lol:
Take Care
Pete

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:53 pm

P&PGunsmith wrote:
We have had background checks in California for quite awhile. it has completely stopped criminals from having guns. :mrgreen: :D :lol:
I understand the sentiment, but that's like saying we might as well make heroin or meth legal. Its a poor argument.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:59 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
P&PGunsmith wrote:
I understand the sentiment, but that's like saying we might as well make heroin or meth legal. Its a poor argument.
don't worry it will be next, the left cant say no. and my statement was not an argument, it is fact..
Take Care
Pete

deke

Post by deke » Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:55 am

I live on the west side of WA, not in the big cities though. Most of us voted against 594, but we had a school shooting a week or so before voting started which really turned the tides I think. The funny thing about this bill is that it makes me a felon for holding a buddies gun while he crosses a fence, one of the things they drill into you during hunters safety classes as a kid. The initiative does nothing to help gun control, the only thing it does is make it so that the government knows who has what guns, presuming that people actually follow the protocol.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:52 pm

Divide and conquer,East side- west side,liberal -conservative accomplishes nothing.We are all in this together ,the sooner the labels are dropped
If it looks like a duck.......!

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Shouldn't have blamed the west side like I did. King county had a pretty high percentage that voted for it. However a lot of people in every county voted for it. I was a little upset about it all. The gun control people want us to compromise. Time after time. Which leaves us with nothing in the end. Here is a good read on what happened in Washington state. And who funded it. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/1 ... ton-state/

Pepper

Post by Pepper » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:01 pm

greg jacobs wrote:Shouldn't have blamed the west side like I did. King county had a pretty high percentage that voted for it. However a lot of people in every county voted for it. I was a little upset about it all. The gun control people want us to compromise. Time after time. Which leaves us with nothing in the end. Here is a good read on what happened in Washington state. And who funded it. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/1 ... ton-state/
I don't think you should apologize for what you believe in. As I said, the state is a nice place to visit and that's it. The only good thing I am getting from that state is a Boeing pension. Restless in Seattle. :lol:

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Here is a paragraph from the above sight that I posted. You should all click and read. There is a lot on how it was done.

The victory in Washington State has emboldened them. They see that they can buy an election with enough money and the support of the old media.  They expect to export this technique to other states. An effort to get on the ballot for 2016 is well on the way in Nevada.  Oregon, Maine, and Arizona are also facing planned initiatives.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:04 am

The last national background check that failed to pass congress in the bold print sounded reasonable and lots of folks couldn't understand why those nasty republicans squashed it. Try this for a few items contained in the BACKGROUND check bill. If my family comes out and I want to shoot some trap. We want to use my next door neighbors property and trap machine. my neighbors property is not a registered range. I let my family members borrow my firearms. I am an INSTANT CRIMINAL.
I have my weapons locked in a safe which only I have the combination. I leave home for over 11 days and leave my home in the care of a house sitter. I must transfer the ownership of all the weapons to my house sitter or I will also be an INSTANT CRIMINAL.
Wonder why it was voted down now?????

setterpoint

Post by setterpoint » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:38 am

lets outlaw cars and trucks that way no won gets hurt by drunk drivers. and while were ate it lets take away all the spoons and forks so no one will be over weight