mn. Grey Wolves

cjhills
GDF Junkie

mn. Grey Wolves

Post by cjhills » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:31 am

The fed as decided to place Grey Wolves back on the endangered species list in Mn. This takes control away from our DNR. The only way you can legally shoot one is if it is threatening you personally, so if it attacks your dog or other livestock you must call a CO or a government trapper. Wonder how that will work for you.
In a four square mile area about four miles east of my house 22 wolves have been trapped this fall after they started killing cattle. There are still some left. One was killed by a car in front of my house. They killed a deer in my training field and ate the whole thing in one night.
The deer population has dropped considerably. We are pretty sure the number of wolves is greatly under estimated by the fed........Cj

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Re: mn. Grey Wolves

Post by gonehuntin' » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:01 am

Everyone should just keep quiet about it and continue the diligent use of SSS.
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:49 am

cjhills wrote:The deer population has dropped considerably.
The whole states deer pop was down due to last years harsh winter. Grey wolves in Minnesota back on the endangered list is a joke. 22 trapped this fall those numbers will be replaced in a year or 2. Gov. trapper took 20 plus of a farm up by Ore a few years back and the timbers are as thick as ever..

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:12 pm

I saw some tracks near Hill City this morning. You can bet your bottom dollar that I will kill a wolf attacking my dog.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:42 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:Everyone should just keep quiet about it and continue the diligent use of SSS.
+1
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:52 pm

we have um in town, that's where most of the deer are that are left hang out, if only the people voices that spend time in the woods, was as strong as the ones that do not :x