Hockey

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Hockey

Post by Sharon » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Sorry to bring this up, but to night may be the night the Canadian Jrs. win the gold. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

SubMariner

Re: Hockey

Post by SubMariner » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:34 pm

Congrats to the Canadian Men's Junior team for the gold medal win!!! :mrgreen:
=SubMariner=
No matter where you go, there you are!

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:19 am

Sharon, the Canadian Jrs played great. This year my son's U-18 team has played some great teams from western Canada. I can't think of to many other high school age kids that get the opportunity to play teams from another country as do hockey players. We are headed to Butte, MT for a tournament this weekend.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Thank you . We're proud of them .We have a great "training" programme her from age 5 + You're sure to see some in the NHL in the future.

They are just kids though and I felt sorry for the Russian goalie who had to be pulled very early. An awful memory for him.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Sharon, My son is a goalie, and they always seem to carry the weight of the team. I always explain to him that they had to get through 5 of your own players to shoot on you. He's tough though and he can usually shrug it off. As he says, somewhat paraphrasing the late US president Harry Truman, "The Puck stops here."