Seeking Employment

Legband

Seeking Employment

Post by Legband » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:26 pm

Ex Offensive Coordinator looking for a entry level position.
Will relocate for new career.
Currently living in the Seattle Area
Reason for leaving poor judgement.

mask

Re: Seeking Employment

Post by mask » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:05 pm

'they made a good call, the no name kid from a no name school just went right through the pick and made a great play. You win some you lose some.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:08 pm

It always amazes me how stupid someone is when something fails but how great they are when it works. Also, have always wondered how a spectator knows more about what is happening on the field than the people involved. How about the decision to bring the ball out of the end zone rather than stay and take a knee? How dumb it would have been to try and draw the defense off side if it had't worked. Or throwing a pass into coverage except they got lucky and it was caught while laying on the ground. All of them were stupid that failed and great when they worked.

Did anyone think about the defense expecting a run and being ready for it instead of the pass?

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:36 pm

5 times this season the Seahawks gave the football to lynch on the one yard line. One time resulted in a touchdown. Their luck just ran out. a bit better execution and it would have been a touchdown.
Everybody is a expert when the game is over. It is only a bad call if it is not successful
New England was the better team ..........................Cj

Legband

Post by Legband » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Boys you can try and spin this anyway you want to defend the Sea Hawks call or just to disagree with the post but that play was idiotic.
If they would have made a TD with the pass it would still have been a idiotic call to roll the dice on the one yard line when you employ a back like lynch.
So say what you want everybody knows it was stupid.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:35 am

say what you want everybody knows it was stupid.
apparently there"s a lot of "everybodies" who believe otherwise. Everybody knows had it succeeded Carroll and/or the OC would have been lauded for the genius play and there would be no, nada, zero discussion of the idiocy of the call

Legband

Post by Legband » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:14 am

MNTonester wrote:
say what you want everybody knows it was stupid.
apparently there"s a lot of "everybodies" who believe otherwise. Everybody knows had it succeeded Carroll and/or the OC would have been lauded for the genius play and there would be no, nada, zero discussion of the idiocy of the call
You may be right about what some would have said if it was successful,
that doesn't change it from being a bad call and fundamentally unsound football , seconds left 36 inches from the goal in the Super Bowl.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

rinker

Post by rinker » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:37 am

It was a terrible play call. To go for a touch down instead of a field goal at the end of the first half was also a poor decision, even though it worked.

I do understand what they were thinking. A completed pass wins the game and an incomplete pass stops the clock and saves a time out. If they weren't going to run with Lynch, then they should have rolled Wilson out and given him a couple of options, pass, run, or throw it out of the back of the end zone.

UglyD

Post by UglyD » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 am

Poor call plain and simple for so many reasons- I was a Seattle fan but after seeing the real reason for the penalty on Baldwin after scoring a TD and the punch thrown at the end of the game- classless period.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:24 am

I'm not sure of how bad a call it was. If it's incomplete doesn't it stop the clock? Even if it doesn't I think the thing that went wrong was a poor decision by Wilson. He threw the ball into a crowd! What's the odds of that being successful? They had 20 sec. left if I remember right. He throws the ball away they still get in another play. but I do like how it worked out, I was pulling for the Patriot's!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:50 am

One of life's little mysteries: Why do they pay a head coach and a offensive coordinator millions of dollar when all kinds of people sitting in bars drinking beer and watching on TV could do the job better and for a lot less money. I just do not get how the owners can make enough money to buy a NFL team and still be so stupid.
How do we know for sure Lynch would not have fumbled, lost yardage or many other bad things. The Patriots had their run stoppers in the game at that time good time to throw a pass. If the kid does not make a super play Seahawks win. If Lynch does not make it, you have to take your time out and try a pass. Also no quarterback in the NFL, all season has thrown a interception from the one yard line.

UglyD

Post by UglyD » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:12 pm

Boy that's a lot of ifs maybe and could have been if the solar lunar chart was correct-(0: I think most people would have played the odds and it wasn't putting the ball into the air at all. Yes thru out the year they had scored on some very " cute " plays , but this certainly wasn't a time to be cute- But then again I have pulled for the Browns since 1962.

Legband

Post by Legband » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:28 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Joe Hendrex
Hughson Waterfowl
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
G&H Decoys Pro-Staff

minigooch

Post by minigooch » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Wasnt such a bad call ... we won

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Ok guys, a pass at that point isn't a bad call. But a slant at the goal line is... Everyone is jammed up the middle waiting. There's so space. A fade route or post route would've been smart. How about that big dude who caught the other touchdown? Anyway, the game is over, Tom Brady and Bill Belichek are still cheaters, and I can't wait for baseball!
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:09 am

mnaj_springer wrote: Tom Brady and Bill Belichek are still cheaters, and I can't wait for baseball!
I donot agree with the 1st part of your quote, but wholeheartedly agree with the 2nd part.
So much so I spent a week in Mesa, Ariz. with my old friends Jose Cardinal and HOF Fergie Jenkins. We were taking a light lunch break between doubleheaders when "Deflate Gate came up.
Fergie just laughed in dry Canadian wit "I cannot count how many guys I pluncked but that darn Bob Gibson ( St Louis) got all the press" Never once has any body called a "bean ball" cheating, imitating yes, but not cheating"You play the game to win!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm 100% in favor of LGBT - Liberty, Guns, Bacon and Trump.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:28 pm

In my mind deflating the ball is like corking your bat. Yes you need talent to use it, but it's still an advantage outside of the rules. But Gundogguy if you're a Cubs fan then you have my sympathy!
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:45 pm

cjhills wrote:5 times this season the Seahawks gave the football to lynch on the one yard line. One time resulted in a touchdown. Their luck just ran out. a bit better execution and it would have been a touchdown.
Everybody is a expert when the game is over. It is only a bad call if it is not successful
New England was the better team ..........................Cj
The Seahawks ran 19 plays from within their opponents’ 3-yard line this season before the Super Bowl against the Patriots on Sunday.

Of those 19 plays from 3 yards or in:

• Lynch carried the ball 11 times. He scored touchdowns on five of those carries.

• Wilson carried the ball twice. He scored touchdowns on zone-read plays in which he faked a handoff to Lynch, then pulled the ball back and took off running. He scored untouched both times.
http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... 03xml.html

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:05 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:In my mind deflating the ball is like corking your bat. Yes you need talent to use it, but it's still an advantage outside of the rules. But Gundogguy if you're a Cubs fan then you have my sympathy!
I don't get the "bean ball" comparison, I agree with the corked ball comparison regards to deflated footballs.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:06 pm

I live in Wa. As far as deflategate spygate I sure don't care. My kids played three sports. By high school they knew 100 different ways to cross the line and not get caught by the refs. For better or worse crossing the line has been part of competition for a long time.
As far as the last play. I wasn't to happy for a few minutes. But we went two years in a row, won one, came close in the second. A better way to have won was to stop some of the short passes completed in the fourth quarter. One call or one play shouldn't win or loose a game that's done during the whole game.
Looks like we'll have most of our key players next year. For me it's time to start thinking about being there one more time.

Greg

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:45 am

greg jacobs wrote:I live in Wa. As far as deflategate spygate I sure don't care. My kids played three sports. By high school they knew 100 different ways to cross the line and not get caught by the refs. For better or worse crossing the line has been part of competition for a long time.
As far as the last play. I wasn't to happy for a few minutes. But we went two years in a row, won one, came close in the second. A better way to have won was to stop some of the short passes completed in the fourth quarter. One call or one play shouldn't win or loose a game that's done during the whole game.
Looks like we'll have most of our key players next year. For me it's time to start thinking about being there one more time.

Greg
+1 to that! When I was 9 I rode the pines. Coach taught two things how to bunt and how to steal signs! Those basics served me well into collage and city league ball!
I'm 100% in favor of LGBT - Liberty, Guns, Bacon and Trump.