Dog kenneling in CA

benelli

Dog kenneling in CA

Post by benelli » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Is there anybody in the Monterey/Carmel or San Francisco areas who can recommend a place to board our dog? We're going on a family vacation up the coast, and most days we'll be camping so we'd like to bring our dog along with us, but I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for ... he's a 3-year-old GSP, not neutered (which makes him ineligible for a lot of places I've found). He doesn't need any pampering - I'm not looking for a Doggie Resort and Spa where he gets a deep-tissue massage, just a place to hang out for the day when we go to the aquarium or other day-trips where we can't bring him along. Just wondering if anybody on here had any ideas.

art hubbard

Re: Dog kenneling in CA

Post by art hubbard » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:31 pm

Try Palermo Kennels.....

Spy Car

Re: Dog kenneling in CA

Post by Spy Car » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Can't recommend a kennel, but the Monterey area (especially Carmel) is very cool about dogs. The are allowed to run on Carmel's beaches, stores often put out water dishes on Ocean Ave, and many hotels allow them/encourage them.

The Cypress Inn in Carmel is owned by Doris Day, one of the dog-nuts of all time. Even if you are not staying there I'd suggest calling the concierge desk at the Cypress Inn and asking what they would recommend.

http://www.cypress-inn.com/

Bill