Dog stuff never on sale

Bacon1676

Dog stuff never on sale

Post by Bacon1676 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:56 am

Why is dog stuff never on sale? I've looked at just about every site big and small, but the dog training stuff never goes on sale. What's up with that?

UglyD

Re: Dog stuff never on sale

Post by UglyD » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:37 am

There are some menial discounted sales- but I have come to " pay it forward" . I have had elec. collars that I have upgraded over the years and more dogs = different collars etc. I have passed the old ones on to younger guys just starting out in the hope that they keep that idea going. Some I know have- some I have never heard from again.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Bacon1676 wrote:Why is dog stuff never on sale? I've looked at just about every site big and small, but the dog training stuff never goes on sale. What's up with that?
What are you looking for?

rinker

Post by rinker » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Are you talking about electronics? Like ecollars, gps collars, launchers, etc...

Talk to professional field trialers, or very serious amateur field trialers. These folks occasionally win an ecollar system, or tracking collar system as part of winning a field trial. They typically sell these at a pretty good discount off of retail. Used equipment, that is in good shape can also be found occasionally on the various classified boards.

Discounts on remote launchers seem to be the hardest to find. I have a set of 3 Dogtra launchers, and they are the only equipment that I have that I paid retail for.

MGIII

Dog stuff never on sale

Post by MGIII » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:28 pm

If you have Facebook there is always stuff being sold here

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1 ... =typeahead

Bacon1676

Post by Bacon1676 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:23 pm

nikegundog wrote:
Bacon1676 wrote:Why is dog stuff never on sale? I've looked at just about every site big and small, but the dog training stuff never goes on sale. What's up with that?
What are you looking for?
Sorry for the late reply back to you guys, been a busy. I'm looking at launchers mostly, but I have noticed as the seasons have come and gone everything basically stays the same price.

Bacon1676

Post by Bacon1676 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:24 pm

rinker wrote:Are you talking about electronics? Like ecollars, gps collars, launchers, etc...

Talk to professional field trialers, or very serious amateur field trialers. These folks occasionally win an ecollar system, or tracking collar system as part of winning a field trial. They typically sell these at a pretty good discount off of retail. Used equipment, that is in good shape can also be found occasionally on the various classified boards.

Discounts on remote launchers seem to be the hardest to find. I have a set of 3 Dogtra launchers, and they are the only equipment that I have that I paid retail for.
That's some good advice, hadn't thought of that. Greatly appreciated.

rinker

Post by rinker » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:42 am

http://members.boardhost.com/Buy-An-Sel ... 79577.html

I ran across this today. It looks like some good deals on training collars.