Cigars and alcohol

Bacon1676

Cigars and alcohol

Post by Bacon1676 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Was wondering if there are any cigar lovers on here? What's ur favorite type/brand? Also, want to know what you like to drink with it.

fishpond

Re: Cigars and alcohol

Post by fishpond » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:36 pm

Arturo Fuente

Remy Martin

jkoehler

Post by jkoehler » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:36 pm

Cigar-My Father Flor de Las Antillas..... de best!
Drink-Jim Beam Red Stag Black Cherry diet squirt

AZ Brittany Guy

Post by AZ Brittany Guy » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:13 pm

fishpond wrote:Arturo Fuente

Remy Martin
This
I'm having what fish pond is having!

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:20 pm

I don't smoke cigar's but like my pipe a few time's a week. Around here you take what ever tobacco you can get. To have a selection it's a 150mi round trip to Bend.

Love Gray Label Geo. "bleep" but only when I'm feeling pretty flush. Other time's I like 90 proof Ezra Brooks. Keep thinking I should try that Bird Dog stuff but just haven't!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

fishpond

Post by fishpond » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:42 pm

the Bird Dog stuff tastes like cough syrup

Bacon1676

Post by Bacon1676 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:13 am

Guess I forgot to mention mine. I like the Fuentes for sure, Don Carlos, the Rosado line, but I really like the Anejo 55, just really hard to get. Also, gotta throw in the La Palina El Diaro, Ashton VSG, and Tatuaje. I like to mix it up.

Nice bourbon like Noah's Mill or Jefferson Estate. Haven't tried bird dog but I will take your word for it.

DeLo727

Post by DeLo727 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Oh man I love a good cigar. My stog of choice lately has been ghurka warlords but if you don't like the dark stuff I toke a Perdomo double aged sun grown. They are a little pricey though. My everyday cigar would be a Diesel uncut Connecticut

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:52 pm

I will be the 'one in the crowd' although I do enjoy a good Scotch or malt beverage at times....

But, I have watched my family decimated by the ill effects of tobacco use over my lifetime. My father who started smoking while fighting Germans in WWII, died young of heart disease, he was in shape, ate well, and worked hard....His father also died young of a heart attack and also was a smoker. My mother died of emphysema after fighting a long painful battle over 12 years. Both my Dad's brothers died of heart/ vascular problems both smoked pipes and cigars. My sister died of lung disease she began smoking at 16....

Tobacco is addictive and every time you use it you expose yourself to that addiction and you expose your kids (if you have any) to thinking smoking is ok or the adult thing to do.....

I wish you all luck and good health...have a scotch on me and skip that next smoke! :mrgreen:

fishpond

Post by fishpond » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:14 pm

Bacon1676 wrote:Guess I forgot to mention mine. I like the Fuentes for sure, Don Carlos, the Rosado line, but I really like the Anejo 55, just really hard to get. Also, gotta throw in the La Palina El Diaro, Ashton VSG, and Tatuaje. I like to mix it up.

Nice bourbon like Noah's Mill or Jefferson Estate. Haven't tried bird dog but I will take your word for it.

Had an Anejo 55 for the first time about a week ago. Great smoke. I smoke 2 cigars a week, Sat & Sun night.

I always buy a Fuente and something else. Seems to me good cigars begin at $7

DeLo727

Post by DeLo727 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:27 pm

fishpond wrote:
Bacon1676 wrote:Guess I forgot to mention mine. I like the Fuentes for sure, Don Carlos, the Rosado line, but I really like the Anejo 55, just really hard to get. Also, gotta throw in the La Palina El Diaro, Ashton VSG, and Tatuaje. I like to mix it up.

Had an Anejo 55 for the first time about a week ago. Great smoke. I smoke 2 cigars a week, Sat & Sun night.

7-8 bucks does seem to be the magic number

Bacon1676

Post by Bacon1676 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:57 pm

DeLo727 wrote:
fishpond wrote:

7-8 bucks does seem to be the magic number
Agreed.

ddoyle

Post by ddoyle » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 pm

Fuente and La Gloria Cubana....pretty much a beer guy.
Doyle

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:41 pm

I sadly do not have a face for a cigar, barely have one for a pipe but a pipe is my preference...Larson's Signature, good ol' British Woods or the ever available Trout Stream would be artfuly packed in the bowl.

Scotch is great for disinfecting wounds...to drink, would be Irish whiskey,(Redbreast if available)....as there seems scant reason to grimace in your pleasure.

My father lived a long life and smoked stogies.....El Productos and he might drink a six of Strohs in a summer.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:25 pm

Not a tobacco guy at all...

Love a mid range bourbon. Lately it's been Knob Creek and Russell's Reserve. Both are 10 year old straight bourbon.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

skyehunter

Post by skyehunter » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:32 am

I would remember this is a bit of a Ford, Chevy, Dodge kinda thread....give the Bird Dog stuff a try before you run from it on one opinion. The straight stuff is right in line with Knobb Creek, Makers Mark, so if you like them you will find it similar. The Flavored ones, i.e. Blackberry, can be a bit sweet, but they mix like nothing you have ever had with some Cream Soda or Coke...Try it, I roll with dozen or so guys and I have to hide the stuff so it will last longer than an unbroke dog on point :)

Enjoy fellas...try a Kuba Kuba Acid

fishpond

Post by fishpond » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:40 am

My comment was based on the Blackberry. All I've ever seen around here is flavored. I'll try the straight stuff if I run into it.

gundogguy

Post by gundogguy » Wed May 04, 2016 9:46 am

Bacon1676 wrote:Was wondering if there are any cigar lovers on here? What's ur favorite type/brand? Also, want to know what you like to drink with it.
Padron Cigar and Glenfiddich single malt aged 15yr. try to splurge at least once a week!
I'm 100% in favor of LGBT - Liberty, Guns, Bacon and Trump.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Wed May 04, 2016 11:41 am

I don't smoke Cigars but I love the smell of them . I also don't drink any whisky and even revolt at the smell of a Malt and I'm from Scotland!
I must be different ...
My Gran dad smoked a pipe and I loved that scent. don't know what tobacco flavour,but I reckon if I scented it now I would remember him instantly and he has been dead for 30 years.

andrew_rigsby

Cigars and alcohol

Post by andrew_rigsby » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:31 am

Perdomo lot 23 with a nice cup of coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhprecht

Post by mhprecht » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:03 pm

Glenfiddich / Romeo Y Julietta

natel24

Post by natel24 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:12 pm

No cigars for me but i do like a pinch of red man when hunting or fishing

Wild turkey and diet mt dew

Just did the jim beam distillery tour while on vacation, definitely a must if you are in that area
natel24
"My dogs not perfect, but i'm not a perfect shot either."
"I'd rather go hunting without a gun than without my dog."

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:17 pm

Angel's Envy Rye and Skoal Xtra Mint Longcut
'Dogs don't live long enough. Their only flaw really.' A.S. Turnbull
'Gertie'

mask

Post by mask » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:00 am

Love the smell of a good cigar or good pipe tobacco but trying to smoke either makes me a little sick. I do have a weakness for Tanqueray and tonic or a good martini.