Identifying the Enemy

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Identifying the Enemy

Post by shags » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:07 pm

"Donald Trump is an embarrassment to the nation.
Mocking the disabled. Stoking racism and bigotry. Making unspeakable comments about women., including the daughter he's like to date if he wan't already married.
He lacks character. And is not the sort of person future generations should be looking to to serve as an example.
Shame on those who'd embrace his unprincipled demagogue. We are better than Donald Trump."

Hillary Clinton is an embarrassment to the nation.

Mocking the disabled ( calling disabled kids at the WH Easter egg hunt ' f-ng retards') Stoking racism and bigotry( her treatment of staff) Making unspeakable comments about women ( bimbo squads)

She lacks character. And is not the sort of person future generations should be looking to to serve as an example.

Shame on those who'd embrace this unprincipled demagogue. We are better than Hillary Clinton.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:16 pm

Timewise65 wrote:A clear example of how the Liberal Media and Liberal in general take comments made by Republicans and lie about was actually said. Read all the comments above on Trumps comments on Russia and then Read a copy of his quote below! Taken off of the AP news report today!

Trumps exact quote, "Maybe the Russians could help us find Hillary's missing emails."

…the press core laughed out loud at this one! By the way Hillary has not held a press conference for over 3 months….??!!
So you don't believe he's implying that they should hack again? Or that the Russians may see it as such (which is just as bad)?These are the offhanded comments that make me think he'll start WW3. He also said, "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 pm

shags wrote:"Donald Trump is an embarrassment to the nation.
Mocking the disabled. Stoking racism and bigotry. Making unspeakable comments about women., including the daughter he's like to date if he wan't already married.
He lacks character. And is not the sort of person future generations should be looking to to serve as an example.
Shame on those who'd embrace his unprincipled demagogue. We are better than Donald Trump."

Hillary Clinton is an embarrassment to the nation.

Mocking the disabled ( calling disabled kids at the WH Easter egg hunt ' f-ng retards') Stoking racism and bigotry( her treatment of staff) Making unspeakable comments about women ( bimbo squads)

She lacks character. And is not the sort of person future generations should be looking to to serve as an example.

Shame on those who'd embrace this unprincipled demagogue. We are better than Hillary Clinton.
We definitely are better than Clinton... unfortunately it doesn't get worse than Trump.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:24 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
Timewise65 wrote:A clear example of how the Liberal Media and Liberal in general take comments made by Republicans and lie about was actually said. Read all the comments above on Trumps comments on Russia and then Read a copy of his quote below! Taken off of the AP news report today!

Trumps exact quote, "Maybe the Russians could help us find Hillary's missing emails."

…the press core laughed out loud at this one! By the way Hillary has not held a press conference for over 3 months….??!!
So you don't believe he's implying that they should hack again? Or that the Russians may see it as such (which is just as bad)?These are the offhanded comments that make me think he'll start WW3. He also said, "I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."
The dictionary is your friend.
Look up 'sarcasm'.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:28 pm

Sure it does.
Hillary

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:43 pm

As someone who is trying to cut down on Suttle sarcasm, it can cause some problems, I can guarantee some people just don't get sarcasm.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:23 pm

I get sarcasm. I use it daily. I'll use it now: Trump has demonstrated great respect for all people and is clearly qualified to lead a nation of diverse people. How's that for sarcasm?

But the point is those comments, on that platform, can be damaging to our country because there may not be people (in Russia this time or another country on the next occasion) that truly don't get sarcasm.

But continue burying your heads in the sand and then keep digging because if Trump is president we'll all need nuclear bunkers.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:00 pm

America is too great a nation to ever elect an unprincipled racist narcissist like Donald Trump.

It will never happen. A vast coalition of Democrats, Republicans, and independents will join together to say: No!

Those that support him will carry that shame forever.

Bill

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:26 am

Getting harder and harder for Bill and Hillary to cover it all up. Doubt Putin is going to park a jet next to Bill's and talk about grandkids.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:37 am

With Bloomberg support, and new world order Rothchilds 100,000 a plate fundraisers, old 27$ Bernie was a little out of his league. Was a little amusing all the Bernie supporters booing Hillary. Almost sounded like he had more support than Hillary.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:48 am

So what's up with the npr group. They seem a little liberal biased.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:58 am

can't keep his pants up Bill and Hillary's, if we go down you go down tactics, don't seem to be working on Assange.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:56 am

Spy Car wrote:America is too great a nation to ever elect an unprincipled racist narcissist like Donald Trump.

It will never happen. A vast coalition of Democrats, Republicans, and independents will join together to say: No!

Bill

Trump's history has never shown any kind of racism and you never heard that term used till he decided to run for President. When ever you see that you automatically know someone is just repeating the liberal chant. There are so many legitiment areas to be concerned about I wonder why that would be listed as a fault. It sure eliminates any sense of responsible criticism.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:52 am

Cries of racism, misogyny, and bigotry are merely feints of the left. When they have no solid argument, that's what they fall back on.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:23 am

ezzy333 wrote:
Spy Car wrote:America is too great a nation to ever elect an unprincipled racist narcissist like Donald Trump.

Bill

Trump's history has never shown any kind of racism and you never heard that term used till he decided to run for President. When ever you see that you automatically know someone is just repeating the liberal chant. There are so many legitiment areas to be concerned about I wonder why that would be listed as a fault. It sure eliminates any sense of responsible criticism.
Ezzy, Paul Ryan was was vocal about Trump's racist comment, do you consider Ryan a liberal? Head in the sand, regards......

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:24 am

Bill
Don't bet your best dog on Hillary, you will lose that bet! That dog cannot get elected....!

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:48 am

nikegundog wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:

Bill

Ezzy, Paul Ryan was was vocal about Trump's racist comment, do you consider Ryan a liberal? Head in the sand, regards......
Paul Ryan is nothing but another establishment politician with a case of PCitis. His comments were typical liberal blah, blah, blah...that unless one speaks of people of color or women in only glowing terms, that person is racist or misogynistic.
Not much room for truth there, not allowing for any critiism unless it's toward rich white guys.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Yep, Paul Ryan was a favorite a few years back till all of a sudden he forgot what conservative meant and joined the party that wants to stay in power more than to do what his constituents want. I am kind of afraid that may happen with Trump but at least so far he is saying most of the right things. But where I find this whole thread of little value is the continued argument about all of Trump's perceived at this point problems and not a word about Hillary's proven record. I will always take a chance on the only hope we have of fixing things. And I am hoping you all will join in that effort even 6though we would be happy with better odds.

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Max2

Post by Max2 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:38 pm

Bill
Racist definitely not .Narcistic I can agree to some degree . I have no shame and will be riding the trump train as one fed up individual.
Trump supporter all the way ! Lets make America Great again !!

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:50 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Yep, Paul Ryan was a favorite a few years back till all of a sudden he forgot what conservative meant and joined the party that wants to stay in power more than to do what his constituents want. I am kind of afraid that may happen with Trump but at least so far he is saying most of the right things. But where I find this whole thread of little value is the continued argument about all of Trump's perceived at this point problems and not a word about Hillary's proven record. I will always take a chance on the only hope we have of fixing things. And I am hoping you all will join in that effort even 6though we would be happy with better odds.
But Trump has a track record. It's clear as day for those who choose to look. I don't think people have denied that Hillary has done wrong at times. But Trump saying the right things... wow. I'm sure he's said some things that appeal to you, but the right things? I don't know. But he will continue to say stuff as long as people eat it up.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:48 pm

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:48 pm

Ezzy:
You never told us if you draw Social security and Medicare. I do. I like it.
Your right things are way different then mine.
Trump called me yesterday wanting money. I didn't give him any. Told them I would sell them a puppy. They have not called back.
He is applying to hire 75 foreign employees at his hotel in Florida. $8 to $14.Waiters, cooks and hose keepers. No wonder he does not want raise the minimum wage. Do not know what country they are from. I guess he can not get enough illegals any more...........Cj

mask

Post by mask » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:02 pm

cjhills wrote:Ezzy:
Trump called me yesterday wanting money. I didn't give him any. Told them I would sell them a puppy. They have not called back.
He is applying to hire 75 foreign employees at his hotel in Florida. $8 to $14.Waiters, cooks and hose keepers. No wonder he does not want raise the minimum wage. Do not know what country they are from. I guess he can not get enough illegals any more...........Cj
That's because most of the illegals are on welfare and food stamps and have no reason to seek employment.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:17 pm

mask wrote:
That's because most of the illegals are on welfare and food stamps and have no reason to seek employment.
Can you get this kind of assistance without being a legal citizen?

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:19 pm

greg jacobs wrote:Trump refuses to bow down to the group that controls the political system. Hillary has long since been bought and paid for.
That is a naive take or do you actually believe that Trump picked Pence and that he wasn't foisted upon him, by the RNC, in exchange for crushing the #NeverTrump movement at the convention?

I've voted republican in every single election since I was able to in 1988. I even swallowed my better judgement and voted to put the Alaskan Dingbat one breath away from the presidency.

Trump is everything that I was raised not to be as a person and as a businessman.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:29 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
mask wrote:
Oh, I just looked it up and the short answer is no. Although they may receive emergency Medicaid. But they also pay taxes (around 6.5% of their incomes), and they pay into Social Security without ever being able to draw from it. Well that's kind of wild. Thanks for spurring me to look this up and learn something new!!

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:37 pm

When you googled that, you should have looked beyond the first result.
http://cis.org/Welfare-Use-Legal-Illega ... Households

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:43 pm

A two horse race usually has a running mate on either side . Too bad You have to decide on either one.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:01 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
mask wrote:
The answer is yes. My daughter and son-in-law, who have 4 kids plus he has 3 from his first wife and he is illegal, didn't marry for several years because they could get free healthcare for the kids because they were single parents. They were needing some help and I told them I would be glad to help him get legal if they were married, but otherwise I wouldn't. He is a hard worker, is a supervisor on a construction crew of mostly illegals and everything is paid in cash under the table including his wages. He is trying to get legal again as he didn't keep his green card upto date and lost it. And of course are avid liberal democrats because they promise he won't get deported. Now that they are married the kids medical is a whole lot more but at least they are doing the right thing which is doubly important for the kids understanding what is right and wrong. In the mean time 4 of his brothers have come and live in their basement that they have fixed up into a 4 bedroom apartment. My concern is the kids are growing up thinking they are Mexican instead of American which is too bad. But when the adults have no interest in being American it washes off on the kids. And hopefully we can teach the kids to take care of themselves without the government handouts.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:08 pm

shags wrote:When you googled that, you should have looked beyond the first result.
http://cis.org/Welfare-Use-Legal-Illega ... Households
Ah! Finally a conservative that tries to use science! It's progress! But I believe our discussion was about illegal immigrants. So let's only look at those. First of all I'd like to point out the study measures by the "household." So likely they receive aide via their children born in the U.S. who are legal citizens. If we are going on the basis of answering my previous question, the methodology of this study provides some limitations in answering that question. So we may be back to square one.

The study also acknowledges that the vast majority of illegal immigrants who receive benefits have children.

But anyway, I appreciate you finding a study rather than retweeting one of the Donald's tweets.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:10 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:
mask wrote: That's because most of the illegals are on welfare and food stamps and have no reason to seek employment.
The answer is yes
Again, no info, no source, no nothing. Try again Ezzy.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Again, no info, no source, no nothing. Try again Ezzy.
Actually, his anecdote disproves his claim. The illegal immigrant wasn't receiving federal and state benefits. It was his us citizen daughter and her us citizen grandkids that received them.

Anyway, I'd rather pay for ezzys grandkids to have food and healthcare than to subsidize a for profit endeavor's oil exploration and other corporate rent seeking.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:44 pm

Hillary is on. The Bernie supporters have their backs turned. Looks like they don't think much of Hillary either.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:23 pm

ezzy333 wrote:

Bill

I don't know of Trump is a racist or not. Without a smoking gun, it's not a judgment that can be made.

HOWEVER, he has made a lot of racist statements for a long time. The most simple ofact which is by grouping and assigning a single mind. When someone says the blacks, the mexicans, the jews, fill in the blank with any gender, race or religion "love me",, especially when prefixed with "the", by definition, it is a bigoted statement because he's assigning a single mind to an entire race, religion or ethnicity. In the cases where it is a racial group, it is a racist statement. He's been doing that one for decades.

You've never heard him say "the whites love me" and you'll never hear anyone else refer to "the whites" because they're consider as individuals.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:25 pm

Said she will change the constitution to get rid of citizens united. Don't follow them so don't know enough about them

Citizens United's stated mission is to restore the United States government to "citizens' control," seeking to "reassert the traditional American values of limited government, freedom of enterprise, strong families, and national sovereignty and security.

Sounds like conservitive ideas

Although she is comfortable with the "new world order" Rothchilds having a 100,000 a plate fund raiser for her.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:37 pm

greg jacobs wrote:Said she will change the constitution to get rid of citizens united. Don't follow them so don't know enough about them

Citizens United's stated mission is to restore the United States government to "citizens' control," seeking to "reassert the traditional American values of limited government, freedom of enterprise, strong families, and national sovereignty and security.

Sounds like conservitive ideas

Although she is comfortable with the "new world order" Rothchilds having a 100,000 a plate fund raiser for her.
Citizens United is corporatism at its finest. It grants corporations unlimited speech (ie political contributions ) in the pursuit of rent seeking which promotes the antithesis of the free market.

People need to wake up an realize that the free market system isn't the Republican corporatism or the Democrats unions. Both groups are just trying to take advantage of the American people for their own special interests.

Max2

Post by Max2 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:57 am

Spy Car wrote:Image
Good one :D

Max2

Post by Max2 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:59 am

AAA Gundogs wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
Spy Car wrote:America is too great a nation to ever elect an unprincipled racist

HOWEVER, he has made a lot of racist statements for a long time. The most simple ofact which is by grouping and assigning a single mind. When someone says the blacks, the mexicans, the jews, fill in the blank with any gender, race or religion "love me",, especially when prefixed with "the", by definition, it is a bigoted statement because he's assigning a single mind to an entire race, religion or ethnicity. In the cases where it is a racial group, it is a racist statement. He's been doing that one for decades.

You've never heard him say "the whites love me" and you'll never hear anyone else refer to "the whites" because they're consider as individuals.
I guess this comes from the world of political correctness. :D

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:04 am

How many Blacks, Jews, and Hispanics work for the Clinton Foundation?
In the emails released by wikileaks recently, the true liberal attitudes towards minorities come through loud and clear, and is at odds with Hillary's pandering yakkety-yak.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:25 am

Max2 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:
Spy Car wrote:America is too great a nation to ever elect an unprincipled racist

I guess this comes from the world of political correctness. :D
Being aware of, and sensitive to, the racial issues, bigotry, and stereotypes is not political correctness. It's being a decent human being.

But maybe you're not aware of why grouping people is damaging, so I'll try to help. When one says the Mexicans, or the blacks, or anything else that singularly groups a minority together followed by a blanket statement, it eliminates all other aspects of those people and pegs them down to one thing. Then people start making judgments about individuals based on these whole group statements. Those are stereotypes. I can demonstrate the power they have if you folks participate in a little fill in the blank exercise (if you're willing to be honest).

1. Black people like to eat ____________ and they like to drink _____________.
2. Mexicans like to eat _____________ and they like to drink _____________.
3. White people like to eat _____________ and they like to drink ____________.

Think about your initial answer to these questions. I would be willing to bet there was some stereotyping done for 1 and 2, but for 3 you answered with something you like, or is a regional favorite. Do you see the difference yet?

Now we call it PC, but we should just call it awareness of personal biases (too bad APB is already taken). But all those stereotypes do is continue to put minorities back into a neat little box. And it's not unnatural to stereotype so I don't blame people. Humans do this same thing with all kinds of information because it lets us quickly sort through and understand the world we're in. But in the case of other human beings, it can be damaging.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:10 am

I was going to thank you, Professor Righteous, for enlightening us, but decided it was a little too snarky to post.

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Fri Jul 29, 2016 7:48 am

For the folks whom are touting the economy as "good". (Using the classic "baghdad bob" tact..lol)

Why are precious metals along with the miners doing so well?

Why is there consolidation going on in the mining industry worldwide?

Why is Copper so beaten into the ground - how about Molybdenum?

Why can't I find qualified help?

Why haven't interest rates gone up?

And last..just a comment - Brexit..I wholeheartedly applaud the Brits! (The powers that be were beside themselves on that one..lol)

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:32 am

shags wrote:How many Blacks, Jews, and Hispanics work for the Clinton Foundation?
In the emails released by wikileaks recently, the true liberal attitudes towards minorities come through loud and clear, and is at odds with Hillary's pandering yakkety-yak.
I've only read the summaries. Could you point to specific comments?

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:44 am

Tooling wrote:For the folks whom are touting the economy as "good". (Using the classic "baghdad bob" tact..lol)

And last..just a comment - Brexit..I wholeheartedly applaud the Brits! (The powers that be were beside themselves on that one..lol)
If you want to use commodity metrica as an indicator of economic health, I'll use equally as faulty insicators.

In 2012, Mitt made some economic promises, based upon unemployment rate etc, in the last 4 years, Obama has met all of them. In 2012, the Dow was at 13000. In 2016, it's at 18000. Using a simple index fund, you would have seen almost 50% growth in wealth in the last 4 years.

As for gold, in Nov 2012, election time, the price of gold was $1750. It is currently at $1300. You would have seen a 25% reduction in wealth.

I've never had difficulty hiring seasoned professionals or fresh grads. Yes, I'm paying more than I was 4 years ago but housing prices and COL has rebounded on the west coast. People are not going to move out here to live in a shack when they have options in other parts of the country with a cheaper COL index.

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:48 am

AAA Gundogs wrote:
Tooling wrote:For the folks whom are touting the economy as "good". (Using the classic "baghdad bob" tact..lol)

If you want to use commodity metrica as an indicator of economic health, I'll use equally as faulty insicators.

In 2012, Mitt made some economic promises, based upon unemployment rate etc, in the last 4 years, Obama has met all of them. In 2012, the Dow was at 13000. In 2016, it's at 18000. Using a simple index fund, you would have seen almost 50% growth in wealth in the last 4 years.

As for gold, in Nov 2012, election time, the price of gold was $1750. It is currently at $1300. You would have seen a 25% reduction in wealth.

I've never had difficulty hiring seasoned professionals or fresh grads. Yes, I'm paying more than I was 4 years ago but housing prices and COL has rebounded on the west coast. People are not going to move out here to live in a shack when they have options in other parts of the country with a cheaper COL index.
lol..using commodity metrica..nope - your bad, I'm asking questions - explain it to me.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:41 am

Citizens United is corporatism at its finest. It grants corporations unlimited speech (ie political contributions )
haven't the unions always had the ability to donate unlimited amounts to Dem causes? I know they've gotten quite upset about losing their ability to force dues from their members in some states; dues that end up bankrolling corrupt Dem pols

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:48 am

I can't answer your questions, but maybe some research could. But maybe you can't find qualified help because they all have jobs? (disclaimer: I don't know what you do or services you offer) And before you applaud the UK for leaving the EU, give it some time. Its too early to tell if it was a good move or not. It does seem likely that they will still have to adhere to many of the EU regulations when trading with EU countries, without being able to influence those regulations.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:53 am

MNTonester wrote:
Citizens United is corporatism at its finest. It grants corporations unlimited speech (ie political contributions )
haven't the unions always had the ability to donate unlimited amounts to Dem causes? I know they've gotten quite upset about losing their ability to force dues from their members in some states; dues that end up bankrolling corrupt Dem pols
They don't just donate to Dems... in 1980 PATCO chose not to back Jimmy Carter, instead backing Republican Ronald Reagan, who had been a union president when an actor, and had endorsed unions in his campaign... He later terminated around 11,000 of those folks when they went on strike.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:34 am

mnaj_springer wrote:
MNTonester wrote:
They don't just donate to Dems... in 1980 PATCO chose not to back Jimmy Carter, instead backing Republican Ronald Reagan, who had been a union president when an actor, and had endorsed unions in his campaign... He later terminated around 11,000 of those folks when they went on strike.
No unions have never had the right to donate unlimited amounts to anyone.

It's why citizens united, which extends corporations beyond personhood in politics, upsets the balance of power heavily towards corporatism.

DougB

Post by DougB » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:45 am

Tooling wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:

lol..using commodity metrica..nope - your bad, I'm asking questions - explain it to me.
http://useconomy.about.com/od/GDP-by-Ye ... istory.htm
Year GDP Growth Rate Real GDP (in trillions Nominal GDP (in trillions) GDP per Capita Event

2007 1.8% $14.874 $14.478 $49,060 Dow reached new high of 14,164.43. Inflation at 4.1%. Fed dropped rate 3 times, to 4.25%, to ease banking liquidity crisis. LIBOR rose to 5.6%.
2015 2.4% $16.349 $17,947 $56,300 Strong dollar hurt exports. Oil prices collapsed.

GDP dropped in 2008 and 2009 but has increased every year since.
quote] A: The gross domestic product (GDP) is one of the primary indicators used to gauge the health of a country's economy. It represents the total dollar value of all goods and services produced over a specific time period; you can think of it as the size of the economy.Mar 26, 2015
[/quote]www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/199.asp
Total non farm employment
2009 138432000
2010 129802000
2016 143314000
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001

The economy, as a whole, by accepted metrics, was declining when Obama took over. The slide stopped and as of now, GDP and non farm employment is greater than when he started. As Obama gets the blame for the problems, it seems fair that he gets credit for successes. Yes, there are segments that are worse. If you are in one of those segments, you have a personal depression going on. If your neighbor is in one and you are not, you are witnessing a small recession.If everyone you know is working, life is good.

Denial is also a river in Egypt.
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.