explaination of Trump's appeal

Spy Car

Re: explaination of Trump's appeal

Post by Spy Car » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:02 am

It appears the "intervention" has had at least one success in (for the moment) seizing control of Trump's Twitter feed.

We will see how long that lasts.

Bill

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:42 am

shags wrote:AAA, you need to catch up.

How interesting that you have an excuse for every single one of Hillary's transgressions or lapses. It seems the woman has never done anything wrong or questionable in her life! Gosh, what a marvel of ethical behavior amd morality! I'm going to watch Yahoo! news for the video that captures her walking on water.

Bill? Spurned lover? Ha! He never spurned a piece in his life. Or did you mean Hils 'spurned' her?
I don't have excuses for anything that Hillary has done and certainly not for this. It just isn't credible. Not the accuser. Not that it didn't come to the light of day for 32 years.

I'm just not stupid enough to believe the Republican propoganda machine that's been spewing bs for years. Just about every republican meme I've seen, that all you sheep share on facebook, has a false quote. When confronted with the fact it's a false quote, the general response is "I don't care because she's said x,y,z." which ironically enough are other false quotes.

If it wasn't such a "bleep" statement on how pathetically ignorant the electorate truly is, it would be humorous. I then remind myself that median iq in American hovers in the high 90s and that half the American public is within 20 points or less of being considered mentally disabled.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:54 am

Spy Car wrote:It appears the "intervention" has had at least one success in (for the moment) seizing control of Trump's Twitter feed.

We will see how long that lasts.

Bill
Frankly, I think that Eric Holder is correct in his assessment of Trump that he just isn't an intelligent guy. I agree that the red flags are there. Complex issues are black and white to him. Lack of impulse control on social media and at events.

Ps. With the daily lack of impulse control that tiny handed Donald has shown, does anybody really doubt any of the women that claim he groped them?
Last edited by AAA Gundogs on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:25 am

AAA Gundogs wrote:
If it wasn't such a "bleep" statement on how pathetically ignorant the electorate truly is, it would be humorous. I then remind myself that median iq in American hovers in the high 90s and that half the American public is within 20 points or less of being considered mentally disabled.
Might this be a case of the pot calling the kettle black
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:57 am

ezzy333 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:
Might this be a case of the pot calling the kettle black

It is.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:14 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:I don't have excuses for anything that Hillary has done and certainly not for this. It just isn't credible. Not the accuser. Not that it didn't come to the light of day for 32 years.

I'm just not stupid enough to believe the Republican propoganda machine that's been spewing bs for years. Just about every republican meme I've seen, that all you sheep share on facebook, has a false quote. When confronted with the fact it's a false quote, the general response is "I don't care because she's said x,y,z." which ironically enough are other false quotes.

How can you listen to her say that Comey called her truthful, when there is video of Comey saying that she was not telling the truth, and still defend her?

You are correct, it seems like part of the elctorate is truly ignorant. And those 20 points-from-disabilty ones are lined up for Hillary.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Even FOX "News" is now openly mocking Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V5qU8t ... e=youtu.be

Bill

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:52 pm

shags wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:I don't have excuses for anything that Hillary has done and certainly not for this. It just isn't credible. Not the accuser. Not that it didn't come to the light of day for 32 years.

How can you listen to her say that Comey called her truthful, when there is video of Comey saying that she was not telling the truth, and still defend her?

You are correct, it seems like part of the elctorate is truly ignorant. And those 20 points-from-disabilty ones are lined up for Hillary.
Frankly, who cares if she's telling the truth? Are you 4 years old? Do you not realize that people lie? People with security clearance or access to private information lie all the time.

The only part of the electorate that thinks private email servers, etc are important, are the ones that the Republican pary believes don't have the capacity to understand the complex issues so they're feeding them sheep food or those that they're trying to distract from real issues. It's how they get a large part of their base to vote against theIr own best interests. Also, villification is how you motivate the sheep to vote. It's the entire point about "crooked Hillary" or Ben Carson wasting his RNC slot inferring that Hillary was a satanist and the devil.

So keep worrying about the shiny objects and ignore the massive exodus of inner circle republicans from the party and their condemnations on their way out.

Frankly, this entire problem (the empowerment of nut jobs in the Republican party) is their own "bleep" fault. When you gerrymander the heck out of districts to the point that the crazy can win an election after alienating even large segments of Republicans, you lead to the rise of a Trump.

DougB

Post by DougB » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:58 pm

When we first had problems with the Iranians-when our puppet ruler was chased out-- the US was in possession of large quantities of Iranian money. Not US money, Iranian. We held it until relations were "normalized". They wanted their money back. Kind of like you have the neighbors lawn mower stored in your garage while he is in jail. Eventually he wants it back.
It wasn't ours. We gave it back. It did not come out of our taxes. It was Iranian money to begin with.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... -transfer/
GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump on Friday backed away from earlier claims that he had seen video showing the United States delivering $400 million to the Iranian government, which he has repeated several times in recent days. Such a video does not appear to exist.

“The plane I saw on television was the hostage plane in Geneva, Switzerland, not the plane carrying $400 million in cash going to Iran!” Trump tweeted Friday morning.
Even the Donald is backing off this one. Oops.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/that-4 ... 1784775010
Back then, the U.S. and the government of the Shah agreed on a $400 million deal for fighter jets. The Shah delivered the money, but then he was deposed in the Iranian Revolution of 1979, so the Americans never delivered the jets. The American government did, however, hang on to the cash.

Ever since, the Iranian government has been trying to re-claim the payment in international courts, along with $1.3 billion in interest that’s accumulated over that time. As one of those peripheral issues, the U.S. agreed to pay the money back. This was pretty well known among people paying close attention, because President Obama said as much when it was all announced back in January. The New York Times reported at the time:
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:28 pm

I'm still amazed that Donald Trump apparently made up a whole story in great detail of seeing a plane stuffed with cash filmed by Iranian agents, and then he says: Ooops!

The whole thing is a fabrication. Is he losing his marbles?

Every day it is another disaster (or three) and ongoing lies that unravel before our eyes. And yet, there are still a small (but diminishing) number of people ready to defend the guy. Unbelievable.

At least his numbers are tanking.

Bill

Max2

Post by Max2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:17 pm

Spy Car wrote:I'm still amazed that Donald Trump apparently made up a whole story in great detail of seeing a plane stuffed with cash filmed by Iranian agents, and then he says: Ooops!

The whole thing is a fabrication. Is he losing his marbles?

Every day it is another disaster (or three) and ongoing lies that unravel before our eyes. And yet, there are still a small (but diminishing) number of people ready to defend the guy. Unbelievable.

At least his numbers are tanking.

Bill
I get such a kick out of you :D i mean you are comical :D & Hillary is totally innocent in your eyes ? Spy car I am not attacking you . I just can't get my head around the way in which you think . Trump as of late has been going a little off key. He will still get my vote. I have never missed an election since I was old enough to vote. A no vote is a vote for Hillary & the woman is not what "our" country needs right now. On another note a lot of posts since I posted this morning. Doesn't anyone have to work ? :D

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:42 pm

Max2 wrote: I get such a kick out of you :D i mean you are comical :D & Hillary is totally innocent in your eyes ? Spy car I am not attacking you . I just can't get my head around the way in which you think . Trump as of late has been going a little off key. He will still get my vote. I have never missed an election since I was old enough to vote. A no vote is a vote for Hillary & the woman is not what "our" country needs right now. On another note a lot of posts since I posted this morning. Doesn't anyone have to work ? :D
A little off-key? He's like Rosanne singing The Star Spangled Banner. Total manic. But you're still with him. And I'm the funny one?

It is a dumpster fire.

Bill

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Spy Car wrote:
Max2 wrote: I get such a kick out of you :D i mean you are comical :D & Hillary is totally innocent in your eyes ? Spy car I am not attacking you . I just can't get my head around the way in which you think . Trump as of late has been going a little off key. He will still get my vote. I have never missed an election since I was old enough to vote. A no vote is a vote for Hillary & the woman is not what "our" country needs right now. On another note a lot of posts since I posted this morning. Doesn't anyone have to work ? :D
A little off-key? He's like Rosanne singing The Star Spangled Banner. Total manic. But you're still with him. And I'm the funny one?

It is a dumpster fire.

Bill

You know its hitting the fan when whats left of the Trump supporting republican party decided it was a good idea to trot out Darrel Issa (a car theif, illegal gun possessing suspected arsonist) to try to discredit two former CIA directors, Hayden and Morrell, with stellar professional service to their country and personal reputations, because they've called Trump unfit for service.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:01 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
You know its hitting the fan when whats left of the Trump supporting republican party decided it was a good idea to trot out Darrel Issa (a car theif, illegal gun possessing suspected arsonist) to try to discredit two former CIA directors, Hayden and Morrell, with stellar professional service to their country and personal reputations, because they've called Trump unfit for service.
Maybe they should expose Darrel Issa's philandering, which is an "open secret" among people I know.

Bill

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:11 pm

Spy Car wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:
Maybe they should expose Darrel Issa's philandering, which is an "open secret" among people I know.

Bill
Despite being in a heavily gerrymandered district, Issa is going to lose his re-election bid anyway to retired Marine Col, Applegate. In the primaries, Issa spent over $750k vs. his opponent's $50k and was only a couple of points up in a district that should guarantee him an over 10 point win.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:54 pm

What a week for Trump. Let's review:

1) Starts by encouraging an unfriendly foreign dictator to commit political espionage in the United States.
2) Suggests we won't honor US commitments to NATO allies from the threat of Russian invasion.
3) Gets into no-win Twitter battle with Gold Star parents of fallen war hero, including insulting the mother and her religion.
4) Probably plants nude photos of wife in the friendly (to him) NY Post. Doesn't get attacks from liberals he was counting on.
5) Photos, however, reveal Melania probably lied in immigration process for working without proper work visa, casting doubt on her legal status.
6) Trump to face racketeering charges under RICO provisions.
7) Say's he'd name Ivanka to Cabinet.
8 ) Refuses to endorse the GOP speaker of the House in his reelection bid, or John MCain.
9) Says sexual harassment in the workplace is a victim's problem
10) Responds to criticisms that a person who can be baited with a Tweet is unfit to be president with a twitter tirade.
11) Friends and family stage "intervention" and take away keys to his Twitter feed.
12) Invents elaborate story about seeing a plane stuffed with money shot by the Iranians, and then has to admit he made it up.

Republicans are defecting. CIA leaders are speaking out against him. Generals and Admirals are rejecting him.

Has any candidate ever had such a week?

The Trump train is off the rails, flipped over, and is self-immolating.

Bill
Last edited by Spy Car on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Spy Car wrote:What a week for Trump. Let's review:

1) Starts by encouraging an unfriendly foreign dictator to commit political espionage in the United States.
2) Suggests we won't honor US commitments to NATP allies from the threat of Russian invasion.
3) Gets into no-win Twitter battle with Gold Star parents of fallen war hero, including insulting the mother and her religion.
4) Probably plants nude photos of wife in the friendly (to him) NY Post. Doesn't get attacks from liberals he was counting on.
5) Photos, however, reveal Melania probably lied in immigration process for working without proper work visa, casting doubt on her legal status.
6) Trump to face racketeering charges under RICO provisions.
7) Say's he'd name Ivanka to Cabinet.
8 ) Refuses to endorse the GOP speaker of the House in his reelection bid, or John MCain.
9) Says sexual harassment in the workplace is a victim's problem
10) Responds to criticisms that a person who can be baited with a Tweet is unfit to be president with a twitter tirade.
11) Friends and family stage "intervention" and take away keys to his Twitter feed.
12) Invents elaborate story about seeing a plane stuffed with money shot by the Iranians, and then has to admit he made it up.

Republicans are defecting. CIA leaders are speaking out against him. Generals and Admirals are rejecting him.

Has any candidate ever had such a week?

The Trump train is off the rails, flipped over, and is self-immolating.

Bill
Part 1 of intervention: Took away his twitter account

Part 2 of intervention: Took away his mouth. (I'm watching his Wisconsin speech and he is eyes down reading prepared speech that clearly is written for him by the RNC to try to salvage some party unity)

Part 3 of intervention: After only days ago not endorsing Ryan or McCain or Ayotte, he is reading a written statement endorsing all of them,

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:30 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
Part 1 of intervention: Took away his twitter account

Part 2 of intervention: Took away his mouth. (I'm watching his Wisconsin speech and he is eyes down reading prepared speech that clearly is written for him by the RNC to try to salvage some party unity)

Part 3 of intervention: After only days ago not endorsing Ryan or McCain or Ayotte, he is reading a written statement endorsing all of them,
He's like a muzzled dog. What a week.

Bill

MSU Aggie

Post by MSU Aggie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:20 am

Both Trump and Sanders represented the same thing to opposing sides. The American people are fed up with the growing disconnect between politicians and the people. I do not like my choices for president, but Trump is the lesser of 2 evils IMO. How anyone can vote for Hillary is beyond my comprehension. The director of the FBI flat out said she intentionally mishandled classified information and lied repeatedly to everyone. Yes, no charges were filed, but that's another topic. And as far as Trump taking about classified information, I haven't heard or found anything from reliable sources.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:13 am

Fact check and several others have said it didn't happen if those are reliable sources. Just very hard to put much faith in anything the media puts out anymore since they have given up their role as impartial. I think you pretty well know it didn't happen since the only ones claiming it did are the radicals that will try to spread anything they can to promote their agenda. It is too bad Trump can't learn to keep his mouth shut and let Hillary show how corrupt she is.

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:57 am

ezzy333 wrote:Fact check and several others have said it didn't happen if those are reliable sources. Just very hard to put much faith in anything the media puts out anymore since they have given up their role as impartial. I think you pretty well know it didn't happen since the only ones claiming it did are the radicals that will try to spread anything they can to promote their agenda. It is too bad Trump can't learn to keep his mouth shut and let Hillary show how corrupt she is.
Oh, Great wizard, Tell us how corrupt she is. With facts, not just more Trump lies an Innuendos. Are we just supposed to believe the corrupt stuff because you say so. We know how crooked your Donald is. Court records prove it
I don't get why you cry about the media Trump gets three times the coverage as Hillary does. Maybe more negative, but Donald has a lot of negatives.
Again I ask. Did she hide her private email server? Why could she use it for so many years without a problem until she started her run for the president? Everybody knew. Also do you delete emails on your computer?....................Cj

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:30 am

ezzy333 wrote:Fact check and several others have said it didn't happen if those are reliable sources. Just very hard to put much faith in anything the media puts out anymore since they have given up their role as impartial. I think you pretty well know it didn't happen since the only ones claiming it did are the radicals that will try to spread anything they can to promote their agenda. It is too bad Trump can't learn to keep his mouth shut and let Hillary show how corrupt she is.
Too bad he can't keep his mouth shut? Seriously?

Trump reveals himself daily to be unfit to lead our nation, and your preference is that he should hide his disqualification by keeping quiet out of a hope for electoral advantage?

Sounds like "party over country" to me, and not like the position of a patriot.

Bill

'

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:04 am

MSU Aggie wrote:Both Trump and Sanders represented the same thing to opposing sides. The American people are fed up with the growing disconnect between politicians and the people. I do not like my choices for president, but Trump is the lesser of 2 evils IMO. How anyone can vote for Hillary is beyond my comprehension. The director of the FBI flat out said she intentionally mishandled classified information and lied repeatedly to everyone. Yes, no charges were filed, but that's another topic. And as far as Trump taking about classified information, I haven't heard or found anything from reliable sources.
On Friday Donald Trump announced his team of economic advisors. Virtually all are hedge-fund managers and investment bankers who represent exactly the opposite of the "populist" message he feigns on the road. These folks would give old Bernie a heart-attack.

Don the Con is once again playing people by feeding on their discontent with populist rhetoric while lining up sharks to be his advisors. He thinks people are stupid.

Bill

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-e ... SKCN10G2IO

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:07 am

Spy Car wrote:
Too bad he can't keep his mouth shut? Seriously?

Trump reveals himself daily to be unfit to lead our nation, and your preference is that he should hide his disqualification by keeping quiet out of a hope for electoral advantage?

Sounds like "party over country" to me, and not like the position of a patriot.

Bill
'
Look, it's pretty obvious at this point that the Republican nominee could have been a neonazi or a klansman and their numbers wouldn't be much lower than Trump's.

Frankly, I'm not calling those remaining republican supporters racists but, after 8 years of a black president and the prospect of 8 years of a female president coupled with grim future economic prospects and other people getting ahead, the uneducated white male is primed for a nativist, us vs them, get our country back racially charged message.

To be honest, I don't disagree with their perception of their future economic prospects. I just don't see it as anybody's fault but their own.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:28 am

AAA Gundogs wrote: Look, it's pretty obvious at this point that the Republican nominee could have been a neonazi or a klansman and their numbers wouldn't be much lower than Trump's.

Frankly, I'm not calling those remaining republican supporters racists but, after 8 years of a black president and the prospect of 8 years of a female president coupled with grim future economic prospects and other people getting ahead, the uneducated white male is primed for a nativist, us vs them, get our country back racially charged message.

To be honest, I don't disagree with their perception of their future economic prospects. I just don't see it as anybody's fault but their own.
One has to give a self-claimed billionaire who lives like a Middle Eastern potentate (and shares the same tastes) a lot of credit for finding the populist anger of the uneducated white male and presenting himself as their savior. That he could pull off this act speaks to his salesmanship.

But look at his economic team. If they are the voice of populism and the reversal of white working class decline, I'll eat my hat.

The guy is a con-man. Those who vote for him are voting against their own interest.

Bill
Last edited by Spy Car on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:29 am

d/p

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:15 am

Spy Car wrote:d/p
With all of he unbias info in your post I can see the need for double post. lol

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:19 am

ezzy333 wrote: With all of he unbias info in your post I can see the need for double post. lol
Very substantive post Ezzy.

Bill

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Spy Car wrote:
ezzy333 wrote: With all of he unbias info in your post I can see the need for double post. lol
Very substantive post Ezzy.

Bill
Thankyou I thought it fit well with yours.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:18 pm

13) I forgot the throwing the crying baby out of the rally routine.

When the thing one's supporters hope for most is that you'll just please stop talking, you know a campaign is in very deep trouble.

It's called a death-spiral.

Bill

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:39 pm

14) Forgot the Purple Heart fiasco.

In an "ordinary" week this alone would be a disaster.

*Sigh*

Bill

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:43 pm

15) Asks 3 times in an intelligence briefing why, if we have nuclear weapons, can't we use them?

Bill

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:52 pm

Here is why supporters want Trump to stop talking. The man can't keep a single thought in his head:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4546796/ ... p-sentence

Bill

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Spy Car wrote:Here is why supporters want Trump to stop talking. The man can't keep a single thought in his head:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4546796/ ... p-sentence

Bill
I agree that Trump as President would be to the detriment to this country. But I'm not sure what you're pointing out in this video? But the one I saw was only 60 seconds long so maybe it wasn't the right one.

But Trump has been prostituting his uncles legacy for a while, whether to suggest they have shared genetics (meaning Trump is intelligent), or to suggest he has some knowledge of nuclear weapons, even though his own time lines are way off when touting his uncle's achievements.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:53 pm

17) Caught in a lie when he claimed the NFL sent him a letter asking for a change in the debate schedule. Not true.

18) Asked about being soft on Putin and his threat to the Ukraine, Trump says: “Just so you understand, he’s not going to go into Ukraine, all right”

When told that Russia had already annexed part of Ukraine in 2014 (the Crimea) and had troops inside Eastern Ukraine, Trump sputtered, “OK, well, he’s there in a certain way, but I’m not there yet.”

A very bad week.

Bill

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:10 am

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:45 pm

Spy Car wrote:Image
Lol, that's funny but it isn't Ezzy's plan. It's the RNC's.

Btw, the Trump tax plan is a huge scam. It's a joke.

He claims that he's getting tough on hedge funds that he claims are "getting away with murder under the current tax code" but he's giving them even bigger tax breaks.

While he'll raise carried interest's tax rate by 1.2%, he's lowering the pass through rate on everyone to 15% from a potential top rate of 39.8% so who cares about carried interest. Just pass it through and save 10%. Also, he never addresses retirement accounts, where the wealthy will stash millions tax free, or foreign reinsurance.

It's a heist and the mouth breathers are tickled pink to get $50 out of the deal.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:35 pm

We better not fool with Donald and improve him or he will win in a landslide and leave you two with nothing to post. I see he improved in the polls during this "disastrous week" I believe you called it.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:39 pm

Are you kidding Ezzy? Trump is losing in every swing state, and Georgia, Arizona, and South Carolina are in play.

The Trump campaign is in a death-spiral.

Bill

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Spy Car wrote:Are you kidding Ezzy? Trump is losing in every swing state, and Georgia, Arizona, and South Carolina are in play.

Bill
You prove my point.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Spy Car wrote:Are you kidding Ezzy? Trump is losing in every swing state, and Georgia, Arizona, and South Carolina are in play.

Bill
I believe both trump and mccain.

Trump says "I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Ave and not drop in the polls."

I believe it because as mccain accurately said, in trying to explain how so many of trump's gaffes get ignored, "trump has fired up the crazies."

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:33 pm

Now 50 of the most senior members of the national security and defense establishment who worked in Republican Administrations from Nixon to George W Bush have signed an open letter saying Donald Trump is unfit to be president of the United States.

I believe these Republicans, who are putting nation over party.

This is unprecedented in American history.

Bill

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tru ... e2a5a0ba36

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Spy Car wrote:Now 50 of the most senior members of the national security and defense establishment who worked in Republican Administrations from Nixon to George W Bush have signed an open letter saying Donald Trump is unfit to be president of the United States.

Bill

It really is unprecedented in American history.

Also today, Matt Latimer, who was W's speechwriter, wrote a NYT oped that if Pence even has an inkling that Trump is unfit (how can he not since we've needed an intervention already), it is his duty to talk Trump out of the race and, if that doesn't work, to torpedo it himself.

Max2

Post by Max2 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:17 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
Spy Car wrote:Now 50 of the most senior members of the national security and defense establishment who worked in Republican Administrations from Nixon to George W Bush have signed an open letter saying Donald Trump is unfit to be president of the United States.

Bill

Also today, Matt Latimer, who was W's speechwriter, wrote a NYT oped that if Pence even has an inkling that Trump is unfit (how can he not since we've needed an intervention already), it is his duty to talk Trump out of the race and, if that doesn't work, to torpedo it himself.
Oh my ! :D The old gray lady ? that fish wrap is still in print ? LOL!!!

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:09 pm

The Republican Senator from Maine, Susan Collins, today joined the chorus of Republicans who refuse to support Trump:

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president. This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country.

Full text of her reasoning here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

Bill

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Amid all the bad news (for him) of Republicans defecting from the Trump campaign comes the news he got an endorsement today.

From the American Nazi Party.

Bill

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:10 pm

Max2 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:

Bill

Also today, Matt Latimer, who was W's speechwriter, wrote ad NYT oped that if Pence even has an inkling that Trump is unfit (how can he not since we've needed an intervention already), it is his duty to talk Trump out of the race and, if that doesn't work, to torpedo it himself.
Oh my ! :D The old gray lady ? that fish wrap is still in print ? LOL!!!
I know that Trump and his cult don't like to read but I'm always reading when I have even a moment's free time. In case you ever get the Sarah Palin "what do you read?" question, here are a few good rags: National Review, The Weekly Standard, The American, Harvard Political Review, The Atlantic, The Nation, Bloomberg, Newsweek, The Economist, WSJ, NYT, and Harvard Business Review.

You'll enjoy them.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:16 am

ezzy333 wrote:We better not fool with Donald and improve him or he will win in a landslide and leave you two with nothing to post. I see he improved in the polls during this "disastrous week" I believe you called it.
Ezzy, what poll are you referring to? Could you post a link? I'm seeing he's dropped in the 11 major polls in the last week and a half, including losing 10 points to Hilary in the latest FoxNews poll.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... -5491.html

Max2

Post by Max2 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:58 am

AAA Gundogs wrote:
You'll enjoy them.
Let me guess when you listen... it's NPR, Cnn~clinton news network NBC~ national barac channel MSNBC ~More of the same national barac channel perhaps just one week of say Bill O'reilly fair & Balanced

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:43 am

Max2 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:
You'll enjoy them.
Let me guess when you listen... it's NPR, Cnn~clinton news network NBC~ national barac channel MSNBC ~More of the same national barac channel perhaps just one week of say Bill O'reilly fair & Balanced
When I listen to the radio, it's usually classical music on either 91.5 KUSC, MET Opera Radio (channel 74), or Symphony Hall (channel 76).

Frankly, I don't rot my brain with TV or radio news. They fail to provide the depth and breadth of knowledge necessary to make an informed opinion. They offer opinion as fact and offer conclusions without premises.

As for the list I provided you, it is HEAVILY skewed towards a moderate and conservative view point. In fact, the only one that's considered liberal is The Nation so I not sure what that says about your political leanings other than maybe you're extremely right wing (a paleocon?)?

Lastly, anyone that believes that only one side has all the answers is an ideologue or being intellectually lazy. Neither is a badge of honor.