explaination of Trump's appeal

DougB

Re: explaination of Trump's appeal

Post by DougB » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:07 am

The saving grace this election cycle is called "division of powers' or "separation of powers". Congress makes the laws and controls the money. SCOTUS decides what is constitutional. President does not mean ruler. President can be stopped by congress or SCOTUS. President can not build a wall without money. Mexico won't pay , as a surprising percentage of immigrants from the south are not Mexican. Number of Illegals has dropped to the point where they are not a problem. Congress will not raise taxes to pay for a wall.
Senate has to approve appointments to SCOTUS, and even then, once appointed, SCOTUS people are independent. Until they serve for a few years, you don't know how they are going to vote on a given subject.
Vote carefully for your chosen Rep and Senator. Write to them frequently. Polite but straight forward. Something like "regarding your stance on gun control, I donated $100 to your competitor and plan to donate more when elections come up".
Why own a dog? There's a danger you know,

You can't own just one, for the craving will grow.

There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger.

While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:46 pm

DougB wrote:The saving grace this election cycle is called "division of powers' or "separation of powers". Congress makes the laws and controls the money. SCOTUS decides what is constitutional. President does not mean ruler. President can be stopped by congress or SCOTUS. President can not build a wall without money. Mexico won't pay , as a surprising percentage of immigrants from the south are not Mexican. Number of Illegals has dropped to the point where they are not a problem. Congress will not raise taxes to pay for a wall.
Senate has to approve appointments to SCOTUS, and even then, once appointed, SCOTUS people are independent. Until they serve for a few years, you don't know how they are going to vote on a given subject.
Vote carefully for your chosen Rep and Senator. Write to them frequently. Polite but straight forward. Something like "regarding your stance on gun control, I donated $100 to your competitor and plan to donate more when elections come up".
Trump has said some very disturbing things in the last week or so that, division of powers or not, are very undemocratic.

His insistence that the first thing he'd do is have the legislative pass a law that allows him the right of at will termination of all executive branch employees so he could install people loyal to him. It is the move of despots and tyrants.

Today, in the scenario of a Clinton win, he advocated for an armed coup by "the 2nd amendment" people to save us.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:33 pm

A new low for Donald Trump.

Just when one thought he could not go lower, he finds a way.

Bill

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:04 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
DougB wrote:The saving grace this election cycle is called "division of powers' or "separation of powers". Congress makes the laws and controls the money. SCOTUS decides what is constitutional. President does not mean ruler. President can be stopped by congress or SCOTUS. President can not build a wall without money. Mexico won't pay , as a surprising percentage of immigrants from the south are not Mexican. Number of Illegals has dropped to the point where they are not a problem. Congress will not raise taxes to pay for a wall.
Trump has said some very disturbing things in the last week or so that, division of powers or not, are very undemocratic.

His insistence that the first thing he'd do is have the legislative pass a law that allows him the right of at will termination of all executive branch employees so he could install people loyal to him. It is the move of despots and tyrants.

Today, in the scenario of a Clinton win, he advocated for an armed coup by "the 2nd amendment" people to save us.
I would sure hate to see it come down to that but I do agree we all better be willing to do it if we are going to save our rights because the other side will stop at nothing to get our guns away from us. It will take a united effort if we want to survive with our God given as well as Constitutional given rights. Anything less will let them succeed, bit by bit as history is already showing just how it happens.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:18 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:Today, in the scenario of a Clinton win, he advocated for an armed coup by "the 2nd amendment" people to save us.
Oh, doggie doo. One thing you have to say about liberals. Their sense of sardonic humor is zip.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Steve007 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:Today, in the scenario of a Clinton win, he advocated for an armed coup by "the 2nd amendment" people to save us.
Oh, doggie doo. One thing you have to say about liberals. Their sense of sardonic humor is zip.
If you and Ezzy think this is Humor You have Very Serious problem.
This is inciting violence just as The RNC Lynch Mob was. You both need to give some thought to what you are advocating. This is unbelievable.
The owner of this forum should take a serious look at allowing Ezzy to be a mod................................Cj

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:25 pm

cjhills wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
If you and Ezzy think this is Humor You have Very Serious problem.
This is inciting violence just as The RNC Lynch Mob was. You both need to give some thought to what you are advocating. This is unbelievable.
The owner of this forum should take a serious look at allowing Ezzy to be a mod................................Cj
Did you ever stop to think that I may be the only reason you are still here? Did you ever hear the phrase "from my cold dead hand". I suppose you thought that was inciting violence but just didn't say anything about it. If you did, I THINK YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. I also was inciting violence when I offered my life to protect the 2nd and every other amendment when I joined the Air Force right along with thousands of other lads and lassies. I was serious then and I am serious now. I am not giving up my freedom while I am alive and I will gladly give my life to protect yours also if you don't want to take a stand. It would just be a lot easier and safer for all of us if we stand united.

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:34 pm

Did you read that, cjhills? The Great and Powerful Ez(zy) has allowed you on to stay on this forum! I assume it's because your comments are much more offensive than his, but he convinced the Snells to allow you your right to free speech protected by the First Amendment!
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Springer, we can all read and that is not what I said. I just commented on his statement in a rather light-hearted manner. Just because we are arguing on different sides of this discussion why do you feel the need to try and annoy, insult, or what ever you call it any one who disagrees with some of your ideas? That gains us nothing. If this thread is bothering you that much maybe we should close it like it has been suggested.

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:30 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Springer, we can all read and that is not what I said. I just commented on his statement in a rather light-hearted manner. Just because we are arguing on different sides of this discussion why do you feel the need to try and annoy, insult, or what ever you call it any one who disagrees with some of your ideas? That gains us nothing. If this thread is bothering you that much maybe we should close it like it has been suggested.
You're right. You suggested that you're the only reason he's still here (on this forum). Were you insulted or annoyed? That wasn't my intent. My intent was to point out how you just lorded your authority over cj after he questioned that authority. It wasn't because we disagree on Trump or a myriad of other issues. It's because I thought it was funny, in the same way Steve thought Trump's comment was funny. But please don't close it and make me the goat, because I'm definitely not the reason it would be closed. I don't have that power, unlike you.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:39 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:Springer, we can all read and that is not what I said. I just commented on his statement in a rather light-hearted manner. Just because we are arguing on different sides of this discussion why do you feel the need to try and annoy, insult, or what ever you call it any one who disagrees with some of your ideas? That gains us nothing. If this thread is bothering you that much maybe we should close it like it has been suggested.
You're right. You suggested that you're the only reason he's still here (on this forum). Were you insulted or annoyed? That wasn't my intent. My intent was to point out how you just lorded your authority over cj after he questioned that authority. It wasn't because we disagree on Trump or a myriad of other issues. It's because I thought it was funny, in the same way Steve thought Trump's comment was funny. But please don't close it and make me the goat, because I'm definitely not the reason it would be closed. I don't have that power, unlike you.
Yes, Ezzy, I thank god every night that I am still here because Ezzy joined the Air For or whatever. That is Even dumber than your other statements. Did you ever stop to think that you might not be here if I had not spent eight years in the US Army Corp of Engineers and have a long line of family in the US Military. Did not bother you at all to see Donald Trump who dodged the draft Accept the Purple Heart and remark that he always wanted one. I realize that you and Mask consider yourselves to be heros. You are only people I have seen brag about their service time on this Forum. I am sure many other people have served honorably. Most do not call themselves heros.
If you and Trump keep advocating violence and hate sooner or later you are going to incite somebody enough to try it. If you think Trump was making a Joke you need to examine your listening skills and your conscience.
All this crap about repealing the second amendment and taking away guns is conservative bs mostly sponsored by the NRA to keep the leaders in their cushy jobs........CJ
Mnaj: thanks. but I can handle it.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:42 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:

I would sure hate to see it come down to that but I do agree we all better be willing to do it if we are going to save our rights because the other side will stop at nothing to get our guns away from us. It will take a united effort if we want to survive with our God given as well as Constitutional given rights. Anything less will let them succeed, bit by bit as history is already showing just how it happens.
First, anyone that believes that the constitution offers unrestricted and unregulated 2-A rights only has to look at the 1-A where we restrict speech in deference to public safety.

Second, I hope you see the comedy in invoking constitutional rights when you're advocating for a coup to topple a democratically elected president, who, under your hypothetical, will have restricted the 2-A by either the legislature or the SCOTUS. One is a democratically elected body and the other confirmed by those that were elected. Essentially, you're advocating for the protection of the Constitution by violating the essence and spirit of every word written on it because you didn't like the result of an election.

It's obvious that Trump needs to have his head examined, the question is: do you?

(ON EDIT) To all of Ezzy'a patriots, I'll buy your home for 75 cents on the dollar but i'll do a 3 day close, all cash in hand, and small bills. Just don't tell me about the coup. Thanks.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:31 pm

cjhills wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:
Yes, Ezzy, I thank god every night that I am still here because Ezzy joined the Air For or whatever. That is Even dumber than your other statements. Did you ever stop to think that you might not be here if I had not spent eight years in the US Army Corp of Engineers and have a long line of family in the US Military. Did not bother you at all to see Donald Trump who dodged the draft Accept the Purple Heart and remark that he always wanted one. I realize that you and Mask consider yourselves to be heros. You are only people I have seen brag about their service time on this Forum. I am sure many other people have served honorably. Most do not call themselves heros.
If you and Trump keep advocating violence and hate sooner or later you are going to incite somebody enough to try it. If you think Trump was making a Joke you need to examine your listening skills and your conscience.
All this crap about repealing the second amendment and taking away guns is conservative bs mostly sponsored by the NRA to keep the leaders in their cushy jobs........CJ
Mnaj: thanks. but I can handle it.

Will have to admit that Trump's draft and deferment record has never entered my mind. I to was deferred for some time before I enlisted and I also never found being deferred had anything to do with being a draft dodger. Kind of like I don't find business people who use the system we have created in this country a crook because he uses it. I can introduce you to many people here in our local area that are doing the same thing and though I don't agree with all of the regs. I certainly can't call people crooked for using what they are given. Sorry if that bothers you but if it does you will be bothered for a lot of years since we all do it. And it makes me very suspicious of you and your concern when you only find it offensive when it is someone you don't like. By the way in the past two weeks 2 states have passed laws outlawing several types of guns. Don't believe my organization is misleading when they are working hard to prevent further laws doing the same thing. That's what we are paying them to do.
I guess I am guilty of misreading Trump's statement because what I read was if Hillary, who has promised to get rid of our guns, gets elected, it will be up to us to rise up and keep it from happening. He wasn't quite as aggressive as the State of Texas was when they said if anyone tries to take the guns away Texas will not do it without a physical rebellion. I think you will find a high percentage of older people at least that would join them in a heart beat. I have to also admit I agree with most of what Trump is saying, I just find fault more with how he says it. If you are really puzzled about Trump's appeal I can tell you what it is. He is saying what people want to hear and he is our first hope in forever of having someone in DC that can't be bought and will possibly be able to break or at least weaken the strangle hold the politicians have on our government.

PS I should have mentioned I did not mean you are still here because of me being in the service years ago but rather was just referring to the fact that I didn't hit the ban button when several were asking for it over the past year. I really try to be fair but I am sure it doesn't appear that way to everyone. I can disagree with peoples ideas and opinions without disliking the person, or at least I try.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:42 pm

How are you going to excuse Trump suggesting people assassinated Hillary Clinton and/or her judicial picks?

How far do you go siding with evil?

This guy is a moral failure.

Bill
Last edited by Spy Car on Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:52 pm

Bill you need to find the video of the speech as he never said that. I have it here if you can't find it.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:57 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Bill you need to find the video of the speech as he never said that. I have it here if you can't find it.
I saw it. He was LOUD AND CLEAR.

Bill

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:07 pm

Spy Car wrote:How are you going to excuse Trump suggesting people assassinated Hillary Clinton and/or her judicial picks?

Bill

Excuse it? Ezzy'a and his band of "American Patriots" will be leading the coup, to kill a democratically elected president and the liberal SCOTUS justices, in the name of the Constitution.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:10 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:

AAAGundogs

Ezzy

Do what? an armed coup?? Surely not. Some values in life are more important that gun rights.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:14 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
Spy Car wrote:How are you going to excuse Trump suggesting people assassinated Hillary Clinton and/or her judicial picks?

Bill

Excuse it? Ezzy'a and his band of "American Patriots" will be leading the coup, to kill a democratically elected president and the liberal SCOTUS justices, in the name of the Constitution.
I am so glad you posted that about me and not some other member for if you had you would be gone from this forum permanently. as it is we will just lock this and hope you can post something constructive in the future.