I think deep down inside...

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: I think deep down inside...

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Spy Car wrote:
Steve007 wrote: Geez! I'd be careful. I mean, I understand that you're joking about the moron in the White House, but if others didn't, goodness knows what they might think of you!

A guy could lose accidentally his reputation for good sense with jokes like that.
Have you seen President Obama's approval ratings lately? And it is his birthday (says so on his American birth certificate :wink: ).

Happy birthday Mr President!

Meanwhile, Trump is facing imprisonment on racketeering charges. While his wife may be deported for lying during the immigration process. And this is just today's news...so far.

What disasters await?

Like VD, Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

Bill
How come trump is about to get imprisoned and you don't mention Hillary? How did you get to see the Birth Certificate and no one else has ever seen it, just a copy that they don't think is accurate? I have seen his ratings lately and they have gone up, so what does that say except that a few more people think he is doing OK? Do you think if we can prove his wife might have lied we should imprison Bill Clinton? I am assuming Obama had a good birthday unless he didn't putt well.

I like the well rounded assessment of the candidates you present. Makes one think they must be accurate since a fair and balanced report is what you present.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:02 pm

Steve007 wrote:
Spy Car wrote: Mr. Trump's net worth in dollars begins with a "B", as in billion. I believe that belies your contention of his being a bad businessman. Moreover, in business, you try things. Sometimes they work; sometimes not.
Trump isn't a good business. He's an exploiter of loopholes that makes other people eat his debts.

For example, a few years ago, I "bought" a profitable cattle ranch from a family that had it for generations but none of the younger generation wanted to run. The reason why "bought" is in quotes is because, legally, I didn't buy it. We entered into a nevada limited liability partnership where my llc put some cash into the partnership and he put the montana cattle ranch and all assets (cattle, equipment, and even cattle dogs) into the partnership.

I then went ro a friendly bank, with appraisers that ive worked with before, and took out loans against all of the llc's assets except the dogs. Then the LLC gave my partner, the ranch's previous owners an interest free no payments for a 1000 years loans for the ranch's appraised value minus half of what he saved on capital gains (You don't pay capital gains on a loan) and the other half of the capital gains savings went into my pocket as no interest no repayment loan.

Now if I was Trump, I would have just had the llc declare bankruptcy at the first hint of trouble, forfitted the buy ins, not pay my workers or outstanding balances, and let the bank take all the assets and spend the next several years to try to sell them all (selling a ranch can be a multi process) and stick their shareholders or members to cover the loss.

It isn't good business. It's taking advantage of tax and bankruptcy laws that are heavily slanted towards corporatism. It's the product of corporate rent seeking.

Ps. Trump would have more money today and stepped on less people had he just invested his massive inheritance in an index fund.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:13 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Spy Car wrote: Mr. Trump's net worth in dollars begins with a "B", as in billion. I believe that belies your contention of his being a bad businessman. Moreover, in business, you try things. Sometimes they work; sometimes not.
Trump isn't a good business. He's an exploiter of loopholes that makes other people eat his debts.

For example, a few years ago, I "bought" a profitable cattle ranch from a family that had it for generations but none of the younger generation wanted to run. The reason why "bought" is in quotes is because, legally, I didn't buy it. We entered into a nevada limited liability partnership where my llc put some cash into the partnership and he put the montana cattle ranch and all assets (cattle, equipment, and even cattle dogs) into the partnership.

I then went ro a friendly bank, with appraisers that ive worked with before, and took out loans against all of the llc's assets except the dogs. Then the LLC gave my partner, the ranch's previous owners an interest free no payments for a 1000 years loans for the ranch's appraised value minus half of what he saved on capital gains (You don't pay capital gains on a loan) and the other half of the capital gains savings went into my pocket as no interest no repayment loan.

Now if I was Trump, I would have just had the llc declare bankruptcy at the first hint of trouble, forfitted the buy ins, not pay my workers or outstanding balances, and let the bank take all the assets and spend the next several years to try to sell them all (selling a ranch can be a multi process) and stick their shareholders or members to cover the loss.

It isn't good business. It's taking advantage of tax and bankruptcy laws that are heavily slanted towards corporatism. It's the product of corporate rent seeking.

Ps. Trump would have more money today and stepped on less people had he just invested his massive inheritance in an index fund.
When someone pretends to know what someone else's intentions are there is absolutely no sense in arguing because it is all a hypothetical that continues to change as needed.

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:18 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
You're right. It shouldn't take government policy to change the systemic racist that exists. All it should take is people being willing to listen to the real struggles of people, that aren't minor happenings because they affect every facet of their lives, and be willing to be part of the solution. But so far it hasn't happened.

You don't have to brag about your children and grandchildren as an example of how great you do things. I have no doubts that they are thriving. I have no doubt that they have learned some good lessons from you. I just doubt you will ever understand the role race plays in some of their lives. The effect it has on them daily. Imagine if you were asked to carry (on your back), a 5 pound weight all day. No big deal. Then the next day another 5 pounds (without losing the previous days). No big deal. Ten pounds is easy. Now continue this process every day. You could even skip a day or two, but eventually you wouldn't be able to move. And don't give me the "words never hurt me" line. That's for children. Words can hurt, that's why so many Republicans are backpedaling after this Gold Star Family feud. That's why Pence had to apologize for Trump. You're an adult, you know the power of words. "The pen is mightier than the sword."
I understand your problem and I wish I could help. Though you won't believe it, our country isn't systemic racist although racism does exist and always will. You will be able to find it if you look for it in every race that exist. It will continue in this country longer because we have groups like the KKK and the NAACP promoting it. Strangely the white side of organized stupidity seems to be learning faster than the black side but we also don't have as many so called preachers advocating it. But it always amazes me the difference in the way liberals present the racial problems compared to what we see here in rural America where we all work and live together. But change will come slow as long as we have people promoting white privilege, black history month, affirmative action, gay pride, and a host of other programs that are promoted as something good for minorities while actually keeping any differences we have in the foreground so they can be exploited and controversial. And your post goes right along with the superlative liberal thinking that the way to solve problems is to keep pointing out how bad the other side is being treated. Let me ask where in the world do blacks have a better lifestyle than here? Where do gays have a better life than here? What country has a more relaxed border than here? And where do we find more people wanting to live than here? And where does any one have a louder voice than here? Where is more effort put forth to insure freedom of people than here? And where do more foreign students go to school than here? Where do people go for the best in healthcare? And where is the perfect world that you all measure our country against?

We are a long way from perfect but we are much closer than most any other place and will continue to be if we can get rid of the nonsense called political correctness and get back to our Christian principles and once we have accomplished that we might just find the other problems we have and even the ones we dream up will pretty much correct themselves. Always seems strange to me that we are asked to spend money by our government to solve the problems they have created. But life goes on.
Ok. For the last time, racism exists and it is systemic. Discrimination occurs as well. A majority group cannot experience systemic racism. So you've never experienced it first hand. But you were right in identifying it as my problem (and yours too) because as a white person I am, most of the time, oblivious to the benefits I receive as a result of my skin color.

And I live in rural America, work in rural America, and was raised in rural America. And it exists there as well. You are not immune to the issue, you are blind to it.
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:22 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
AAA Gundogs wrote:
Steve007 wrote: When someone pretends to know what someone else's intentions are there is absolutely no sense in arguing because it is all a hypothetical that continues to change as needed.
Another wonderful non-sequitur.

Trump's 40 year business record speaks for its self. He loads up companies with debtx pockets cash, and settles with creditors for pennies on the dollar. It's happened not once, or twice, or thrice, but four times.

People who don't shield themselves with llcs, llps, and incs, get 1 bankruptcy in their lifetime. It's to stop the very loading up with debt and then declaring bankruptcy for profit behavior that Trump Inc participates in as their moat profitable stream.

It's not happenstance. It's part of the business plan.

It's like Romney buying distressed properties with good asset value, like a pension fund, for loan collateral, cashing out, and leaving other to hold the bag like pensioners who just had their pension fund seized.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:26 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:Ok. For the last time...
Thank God!!!

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:28 pm

ezzy333 wrote: How come trump is about to get imprisoned and you don't mention Hillary? How did you get to see the Birth Certificate and no one else has ever seen it, just a copy that they don't think is accurate? I have seen his ratings lately and they have gone up, so what does that say except that a few more people think he is doing OK? Do you think if we can prove his wife might have lied we should imprison Bill Clinton? I am assuming Obama had a good birthday unless he didn't putt well.

I like the well rounded assessment of the candidates you present. Makes one think they must be accurate since a fair and balanced report is what you present.
Only Donald Trump is going on trial for racketeering.

Hillary Clinton has faced a lot of bogus and politically motivated claims and been has been exonerated each time.

I think Orange is going to be the new Orange.

Bill

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:35 pm

shags wrote:
mnaj_springer wrote:Ok. For the last time...
Thank God!!!
Did you have something to add to the conversation or are you just tired of that uncomfortable feeling?
“Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.”

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Not sure about that conversation part...mostly around here sounds like Thanksgiving dinner with the tipsy bloviating uncle expounding on why he is right and everyone else is wrong :roll:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:44 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:
You're right. It shouldn't take government policy to change the systemic racist that exists. All it should take is people being willing to listen to the real struggles of people, that aren't minor happenings because they affect every facet of their lives, and be willing to be part of the solution. But so far it hasn't happened.

You don't have to brag about your children and grandchildren as an example of how great you do things. I have no doubts that they are thriving. I have no doubt that they have learned some good lessons from you. I just doubt you will ever understand the role race plays in some of their lives. The effect it has on them daily. Imagine if you were asked to carry (on your back), a 5 pound weight all day. No big deal. Then the next day another 5 pounds (without losing the previous days). No big deal. Ten pounds is easy. Now continue this process every day. You could even skip a day or two, but eventually you wouldn't be able to move. And don't give me the "words never hurt me" line. That's for children. Words can hurt, that's why so many Republicans are backpedaling after this Gold Star Family feud. That's why Pence had to apologize for Trump. You're an adult, you know the power of words. "The pen is mightier than the sword."
I understand your problem and I wish I could help. Though you won't believe it, our country isn't systemic racist although racism does exist and always will. You will be able to find it if you look for it in every race that exist. It will continue in this country longer because we have groups like the KKK and the NAACP promoting it. Strangely the white side of organized stupidity seems to be learning faster than the black side but we also don't have as many so called preachers advocating it. But it always amazes me the difference in the way liberals present the racial problems compared to what we see here in rural America where we all work and live together. But change will come slow as long as we have people promoting white privilege, black history month, affirmative action, gay pride, and a host of other programs that are promoted as something good for minorities while actually keeping any differences we have in the foreground so they can be exploited and controversial. And your post goes right along with the superlative liberal thinking that the way to solve problems is to keep pointing out how bad the other side is being treated. Let me ask where in the world do blacks have a better lifestyle than here? Where do gays have a better life than here? What country has a more relaxed border than here? And where do we find more people wanting to live than here? And where does any one have a louder voice than here? Where is more effort put forth to insure freedom of people than here? And where do more foreign students go to school than here? Where do people go for the best in healthcare? And where is the perfect world that you all measure our country against?

We are a long way from perfect but we are much closer than most any other place and will continue to be if we can get rid of the nonsense called political correctness and get back to our Christian principles and once we have accomplished that we might just find the other problems we have and even the ones we dream up will pretty much correct themselves. Always seems strange to me that we are asked to spend money by our government to solve the problems they have created. But life goes on.
Ok. For the last time, racism exists and it is systemic. Discrimination occurs as well. A majority group cannot experience systemic racism. So you've never experienced it first hand. But you were right in identifying it as my problem (and yours too) because as a white person I am, most of the time, oblivious to the benefits I receive as a result of my skin color.

And I live in rural America, work in rural America, and was raised in rural America. And it exists there as well. You are not immune to the issue, you are blind to it.
you were doing well till you had to completely overstep the facts and admit they are perceived by you. I am sure the other readers of out posts realize you don't know me. have never met me, have never talked to me, and even with all of that you can and yet you can state with with the same absolute authority who I am and what I think. It appears I have been giving you more credit than you deserve when I concluded you were stating facts and not the usual liberal mantra. I apologize and will try to find something else to do than continue to take part in a fictional debate.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:05 pm

shags wrote:Not sure about that conversation part...mostly around here sounds like Thanksgiving dinner with the tipsy bloviating uncle expounding on why he is right and everyone else is wrong :roll:
Doesn't Trump pretty much have a lock on the drunk-Uncle vote?

I mean if he's losing that too, there goes his base :mrgreen:

I smell desperation.

Bill

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:29 pm

No, that odor is liberal fear.

If Trump can't possibly win, why are all the Dems so consumed by his campaign, including the president who cleared his calendar so he can help out Hillary?

Mass anxiety disorder. Gonna be a run on Prozac.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:37 pm

shags wrote:No, that odor is liberal fear.

If Trump can't possibly win, why are all the Dems so consumed by his campaign, including the president who cleared his calendar so he can help out Hillary?

Nobody is really worried about Trump winning.

It still doesn't mean that his bigoted rhetoric made to enrage the white blue-collar demographic won't hurt the country.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:48 pm

So railing against him on a dog bulletin board is going to help enlighten them? Alrighty, then.

BTW, next time you need to have your car repaired, your toilet unclogged, or your power turned on after an ice storm, chances are it'll be a someone from that white blue collar demographic who will do the work. Maybe you can lecture them while they're fixing you up.

Spy Car

Post by Spy Car » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:48 pm

shags wrote:No, that odor is liberal fear.

Because we—which includes many Republicans: including the two living Republican former presidents and the most recent GOP nominee, the Governor of host state of the RNC convention, and the two main GOP rivals in this year's race, and many Military leaders—all consider Trump unqualified for the office.

So sane people are mobilizing an all-out effort to defeat him. Trump's campaign is cratering.

He is now down in Pensylvania, Ohio, Florida, New Hampshire, Virginia, Nevada, and North Carolina. Arizona and Georgia are now in play.

We not only want to win, but to win so big that the GOP never again flirts with fascism. A big Democratic win will give principled Republicans—those who have opposed Trump loudly—the opportunity to re-build their party from the ashes in a (hopefully) far more responsible fashion.

So "we" are not going to be complacent while Trump self-destructs, but will work hard to defeat him. We welcome Republicans and independents to come on over to our side this once. You'll be welcomed and in good company,

Bill

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:13 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
you were doing well till you had to completely overstep the facts and admit they are perceived by you. I am sure the other readers of out posts realize you don't know me. have never met me, have never talked to me, and even with all of that you can and yet you can state with with the same absolute authority who I am and what I think. It appears I have been giving you more credit than you deserve when I concluded you were stating facts and not the usual liberal mantra. I apologize and will try to find something else to do than continue to take part in a fictional debate.
Admit they are perceived by me? Liberal mantra? What the heck are you talking about/referring to? Where do you get these ideas?

Also, I have never claimed to know you or that I can read minds. In fact, I frequently tell my wife that I can't read minds. But I do know some of what you think because you've typed it out on your computer then hit "submit." So that is how I know what you think... You made it public.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:31 pm

shags wrote:So railing against him on a dog bulletin board is going to help enlighten them? Alrighty, then.

BTW, next time you need to have your car repaired, your toilet unclogged, or your power turned on after an ice storm, chances are it'll be a someone from that white blue collar demographic who will do the work. Maybe you can lecture them while they're fixing you up.
I have a property manager that started with the Trump rhetoric on his Facebook a few months ago and had got increasingly aggressive with anti-muslim, mysogonistic, and anti-Hillary comments.

I gave him and his company the Trump treatment less than a month ago and told him "you're fired".

It was an easy business decision. His Facebook postings were a huge liability in an industry where discrimination runs rampant.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:26 pm

shags wrote:If Trump can't possibly win, why are all the Dems so consumed by his campaign, including the president who cleared his calendar so he can help out Hillary?

Well, doofus wasn't doing much anyway. Retired on the job, except to go to a fundraiser now and then, and a speech occasionally to defend himself against reality. Now he's giving more speeches. It's his best talent. Other than whining.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:14 am

Steve007 wrote:
shags wrote:If Trump can't possibly win, why are all the Dems so consumed by his campaign, including the president who cleared his calendar so he can help out Hillary?

Well, doofus wasn't doing much anyway. Retired on the job, except to go to a fundraiser now and then, and a speech occasionally to defend himself against reality. Now he's giving more speeches. It's his best talent. Other than whining.
Hey. give the guy some credit! He had to interrupt his packing for vacay in Hyannis!

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:45 am

When I vote I'm going to write in ezzy with mnaj_springer for VP!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:56 am

shags wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Hey. give the guy some credit! He had to interrupt his packing for vacay in Hyannis!
Intelligent posts...............Cj

mnaj_springer

Post by mnaj_springer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:08 am

NEhomer wrote:When I vote I'm going to write in ezzy with mnaj_springer for VP!
That made me laugh! I'm glad I don't qualify! But I'd vote for Ezzy a thousand times before voting Trump.

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:14 am

Lol!

You two would be like Bugs and Yosemite Sam. You'd of course claim the role of Bugs while ezzy would defend Sam every step of the way.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:57 pm

cjhills wrote: When dinner is not on the table on time Donald hits the ceiling. I am pretty sure his wife coos all his meals.
Heh, heh. I'll bet so, too. Lucky him. I'll bet she's good at cooing. And billing..