Hillary's joke from '08

MNTonester

Hillary's joke from '08

Post by MNTonester » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:10 pm

did the Hillary fans on this board dismiss it back then?

WASHINGTON – Hillary Rodham Clinton yesterday brought up the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy while defending her decision to stay in the race against Barack Obama – drawing a furious reaction from the front-runner’s camp.

“My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don’t understand it,” she said, dismissing calls to drop out.

Clinton made her comments at a meeting with the editorial board of the Sioux Falls Argus Leader, a paper in South Dakota. She is campaigning in the state ahead of its June 3 primary.

During the session, she complained, “People have been trying to push me out of this ever since Iowa.”

The Post on its Web site yesterday published the first story containing the extraordinary comments, based on a Web cast of Clinton’s interview.

Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton rebuked Clinton, saying her remark was “unfortunate and has no place in this campaign.”

Any comments about assassination and the primary contest are especially sensitive because Obama is the first African-American to advance so far in the race for the White House and he has faced threats, congressional sources have said.

Steve007

Re: Hillary's joke from '08

Post by Steve007 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:49 pm

MNTonester wrote:Any comments about assassination and the primary contest are especially sensitive because Obama is the first African-American to advance so far in the race for the White House and he has faced threats, congressional sources have said.
Every president has faced threats, though I'm guessing that President Bush has faced more threats than Dwight Eisenhower. Examples abound. Doofus is not unique.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Hillary's joke from '08

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:08 pm

When we let this forum start it was for any off subject topic. But now of late it has become nothing more than a place to make a bizarre statement and sit back and wait for someone to post something else just as bizarre while not even taking part in a conversation of which there is little of. I see no reason to continue these kind of topics since little of substance is ever posted and the original poster doesn't even take part.

Therefore I am going to lock this with the idea of deleting it shortly. If anyone can come up with a sensible reason to continue these kind of posts I will listen but not promise anything. I just expected better of you all and am surprised that they have generated into ridiculous banter by people who have nothing to say.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.