new knee

Sharon
GDF Junkie

new knee

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Getting a new knee Monday. My husband will have to look after the dog's feeding , meds , exercise for a couple weeks. Pray for him . :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: new knee

Post by shags » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Best wishes for a great outcome and a speedy recovery. Will your setter share her Cosequin? 8)

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:20 pm

LOL They are going to be lucky if they get fed twice a day. My husband is not tuned in to dogs. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Urban_Redneck

Post by Urban_Redneck » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:59 pm

Good luck and do all the PT you can!

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 pm

Good luck and watch a lot of hockey while you're laid up and speaking from experience work at your rehab. It hurts in the short term but it sure helps getting back on your feet again. We're all pulling for you.

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Your husband will do fine, just focus on yourself. Someday, I too will need a new knee....just not quite yet!

Hope all goes well.....Good Luck!

I just had an umbilical hernia repaired, it is amazing how far they have come in medicine. Especially, the drugs and recovery thereafter.....

Work hard and get well quick!

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:55 am

Best of luck Sharon. Hope they have you back in the Rockettes in no time!

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:22 am

I was told full recovery takes about a year. Been two for me as of last Sept. Can't get off the ground without something to hold on to, going up stairs has got a lot better but worry about falling so always use the hand rails. Getting up from a chair without something to hold on to is a chore! I have to say the knee is about 200% better bet I doubt it'll ever be 100% again. Haven't tried getting on a horse in a long time, no way could I pick myself up with that leg. Would I do it again? Don't think so at this age. I'd got pretty used to walking to keep that knee from hurting and after the replacement I had to start all over. I was up on that knee and walked just a bit with a walker the same day. Used a walker at home for awhile them went to a cane after a month or so. My knee had been eaten away with arthritis and the other is working n it!
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Don. you aren't 16 anymore. Your complaints are same as mine and my knees are pretty good except for the arthritis. Age means balance is getting poor and you need your hand on something to feel comfortable. Just part of the fun of aging but still better than the alternative.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Sharon wrote:LOL They are going to be lucky if they get fed twice a day. My husband is not tuned in to dogs. :)

Dog people frequently do not marry dog people. Me,too. My wife is a "pet person". It makes you wonder. Are these called "mixed marriages"?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:52 pm

DonF wrote:I was told full recovery takes about a year. Been two for me as of last Sept. Can't get off the ground without something to hold on to, going up stairs has got a lot better but worry about falling so always use the hand rails. Getting up from a chair without something to hold on to is a chore! I have to say the knee is about 200% better bet I doubt it'll ever be 100% again. Haven't tried getting on a horse in a long time, no way could I pick myself up with that leg. Would I do it again? Don't think so at this age. I'd got pretty used to walking to keep that knee from hurting and after the replacement I had to start all over. I was up on that knee and walked just a bit with a walker the same day. Used a walker at home for awhile them went to a cane after a month or so. My knee had been eaten away with arthritis and the other is working n it!

What !!!! I didn't to hear that. :) Have a cold tonight so .................

mask

Post by mask » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:49 pm

Hey Sharon every one I know that got a new knee said they wish they had done years sooner. A friend that I grew up with and is now 75 had both done three months apart and he is like a new person. This fall he and I carried elk quarters about 3oo hundred yards to the horses. He could not have done that the year before. He has a cow outfit and was back doing chores in 2 months and was fully recovered in about 6 months. So you will be fine and my thoughts and prayers are with you. Bill

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:25 pm

Thank you Bill.
I have a cold now so am afraid they may cancel it. Discouraging. :(

zrp

Post by zrp » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Good luck

Moulders Farm

Post by Moulders Farm » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:49 am

I had both knees replaced last year left one in Feb right one in April did great I was riding my lawn mower in May 1 was climming up in my John dear tractor by mid May done all my hay. I wish I had done mine soner I can walk better & alot father no pain . 2 things to watch have a good DR. & request he send you home with the mechine that works your knee I used it 3 times a day for 2 hr each time . slowly incresing the bend . I all so had home theapery for two weeks then went to a good thearpist in town , make sure they moue the plastic knee cap so it does not freeze up use vit. E oil none the cut . by the way I am 74 yrs old & going strong Took my old Llwellin out hunting first time in a couple of yrs.

cohanzick creek

Post by cohanzick creek » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:52 am

best wishes

siddharthinfosys

Post by siddharthinfosys » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:34 pm

Best wishes for a great outcome and a speedy recovery.

siddharthinfosys

Post by siddharthinfosys » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:12 am

hlo every one

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:27 am

ezzy333 wrote:Don. you aren't 16 anymore. Your complaints are same as mine and my knees are pretty good except for the arthritis. Age means balance is getting poor and you need your hand on something to feel comfortable. Just part of the fun of aging but still better than the alternative.

Ezzy
I knew you'd understand buddy! :-)

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:30 am

You guy's must have had a better doctor. My daughter in law works in that hospital now and said he wasn't the best. Now she tells me! Well he was a nice guy! :(

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:00 pm

5 weeks since the new knee surgery. Still lots of pain. Have 10 weeks of physio to go.Definition of physio is pain . :) No pain = no gain.
I want to thank Ezzy for carrying the load here; I just don't feel like being on the computer much . Thanks very much Ezzy.
Dogs looking at me everyday and saying , "When do we get a decent run?" ( My husband will only walk them around the block , as he is afraid of losing them off leash. :) )

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:48 pm

Sharon wrote:5 weeks since the new knee surgery. Still lots of pain. Have 10 weeks of physio to go.Definition of physio is pain . :) No pain = no gain.
I want to thank Ezzy for carrying the load here; I just don't feel like being on the computer much . Thanks very much Ezzy.
Dogs looking at me everyday and saying , "When do we get a decent run?" ( My husband will only walk them around the block , as he is afraid of losing them off leash. :) )
Take your time and get well, I have nothing else to do as I am trying to get things balanced out with the cancer they have decided is not always behaving as well as I wanted. We will succeedd, remember that.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Moulders Farm

Post by Moulders Farm » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:33 pm

hope you contue having as good secues as mine was right now it should start getting better each day it will be worth it by this fall the therpy hurts but they are right on pain on gain