I have just discovered that there is a trans ban...

JonBailey

I have just discovered that there is a trans ban...

Post by JonBailey » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:30 pm

in our services. Trump does not want any transgender people to serve in uniform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqhPO_vNScM

The military has gotten over the gay hangup and now there is question as to whether it should get over the trans hangup as well. This becomes an issue because troops have to shower together. Should men who present themselves as women be showering with biological women? Should taxpayers be burdened by any special healthcare needs of transgenders who might serve in uniform?

JonBailey

Re: I have just discovered that there is a trans ban...

Post by JonBailey » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:04 pm

polmaise wrote:Over the last few months I have likened to you Jon .
Whilst I would love to help or even shoot the breeze ...I know it will never be.
I am personally pleased with that, and for that , I am ever grateful for that Atlantic divide .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OS17lqHiE
Though some may hate my guts here, I was just wondering about people feel about transgenders in the military.

Could transgenders still fight as good soldiers in theory? Can the service accommodate for transgenders in a practical way?

The military is not the religion or morality police nor is it a social experimentation lab: they are designed expressly to kill: destroy our enemies professionally.
"Let Hercules himself do what he may, the cat will mew and dog will have his day." - William Shakespeare

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: I have just discovered that there is a trans ban...

Post by Sharon » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:16 pm

No political or religious threads allowed here. See the thread above yours! Jon :roll:
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett