For guys who just don’t understand

Bowguy

For guys who just don’t understand

Post by Bowguy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:06 pm

I posted a link to the dogs for all type of hunting thread but I figure being it’s so far down it may not be seen. One of the best dog songs ever. youtu.be/lQtTi4uETf4
Last edited by Bowguy on Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bowguy

Re: For guys who just don’t understand

Post by Bowguy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:09 pm

Ugh it’s not opening. If you’d like to hear it- David Cooler Deer Hunting Dogs song on Youtube. It’ll make your blood boil if you like hounds. Awesome song

Bowguy

Post by Bowguy » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:45 am

Thanks for the link to the song. If I lived over there I think I'd be interested in that. I love hearing hounds on a trail.

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

averageguy

Post by averageguy » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:34 am

I owned Coonhounds before I owned Bird Dogs. I hunt rabbits with my Cousins Beagle pack and coons with Friends hounds each season. Have done some lion and bear hunting with Friends out west packs and some bobcat hunting with my GWPs.

Years ago I traveled with a Friend to visit his relatives in extremely rural Texarkana country. All his male relatives hunted deer with hounds and we went out to visit their deer camp and look at their dogs. I am sure I would enjoy taking a hunt of that style once in awhile as I like variety and dogs that hunt. It is highly similar to beagles circling a rabbit, just that the whitetails run in a bigger loop.

But I also worked towards my life goal of living on my own farm and do so now. I work year round to make it as wildlife friendly as possible. Bowhunting Whitetails and Turkeys are two of my many hunting passions.

Meanwhile my neighbor's "coyote" hounds circle deer in my timber 4-5 days a week through the summer when they are allowed to run loose 24/7.

Each of those same days, I am exercising and training my GWPs taking proper precautions to ensure they are only on properties where we have permission to be on. My dogs never run loose unsupervised as any and all dogs which do will harass wildlife when doing so.

I think it is unreasonable for anyone to expect their neighboring landowners to accept dogs running game on their property without permission to do so, especially on a recurring basis. I have a foot in both worlds and understand the issue very well on both sides.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:59 pm

Loved that " music". :) My Dad and I bred beagles for 20 + years. Still love that sound.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett