2020- Happy New Year !

Max2

2020- Happy New Year !

Post by Max2 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:49 am

You folks probably aren't awake yet but -Happy New Year to you and families ! Pup's included of course and anyone who feels they love their pups as much as I like reading on um. Please give them a big ole 2020 hug and a couple crackers from myself. Just a dogless- gundog enthusiast from NY !

Steve007

Re: 2020- Happy New Year !

Post by Steve007 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:18 pm

Max2 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:49 am
You folks probably aren't awake yet but -Happy New Year to you and families ! Pup's included of course and anyone who feels they love their pups as much as I like reading on um. Please give them a big ole 2020 hug and a couple crackers from myself. Just a dogless- gundog enthusiast from NY !
When my Gordon passed away 10 years ago, it was the first time in multiple decades that I had been without a dog. I got it corrected quickly. You should, too. Circumstances vary, but if possible, life is much better with a dog.

Wishing you -- and all of us, including our canine friends -- a fine 2020 from myself and my noble wirehair.

Max2

Re: 2020- Happy New Year !

Post by Max2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:44 am

Steve007 I agree with you 100% on getting another dog only I'm in tuff spot and feel it would not be fair to the animal to have one at this time . A couple yrs back( probably 10 now :D ) I introduced a friend - (un-known to me at the time) to the world of grouse & w/c. We became instant friends because of this common interest. He was from downstate and was more involved with the stocked birds & preserves not having the wild bird opportunities . He has become quite proficient with his pursuit of the "ruffled grouse's" & W/C. This past weekend he invited me to join he & his son in pursuit of Mr Ruff behind his pointer. What enjoyment I got out of that day afield. Everyone was smiling including his pup ! We all made it back to the truck to remove gear and pack up. Upbeat conversation on bird hunting a beautiful winter day.

My friend asked me what I thought of his pointer. My response - He looks good !

I looked to my friend and said Thank You ! His response was Thank You for introducing us to this game ! I was really touched with that comment. It really truly never entered my mind. At that moment I realized and felt quite good about the fact that I made a difference.

Watching that little Black & white pointer doing what he was bred to do was pretty cool too !