skunks

Sharon
GDF Junkie

skunks

Post by Sharon » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:39 pm

Well last night was one of those rolling eye nights. :roll: Just before I was going to bed , the dog went out for a last pee and a skunk chase. I should have checked the back yard first. It was a late night going to bed. Half way through the night my husband woke up and said "You smell like skunk!" No romance last night.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Garrison

Re: skunks

Post by Garrison » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:05 pm

Sharon wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:39 pm
Well last night was one of those rolling eye nights. :roll: Just before I was going to bed , the dog went out for a last pee and a skunk chase. I should have checked the back yard first. It was a late night going to bed. Half way through the night my husband woke up and said "You smell like skunk!" No romance last night.
:lol: I can only laugh because I have been there, on both fronts! :wink:
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

birds

Post by birds » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:02 am

Unbeknownst to me my pup pointed a skunk about a year ago and it sprayed him when I went into flush the bird. Disgusted, I pointed him towards the truck a mile away and he promptly ran 75 yards out and pointed a sharptail, which I shot. I don't know how he even smelled it. Needless to say it was hard for me to be too hard on him after that and fortunately for me this all happened in the morning. We were pretty well cleaned up by the time any thoughts of romance came around.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:08 pm

my poodle loves to tangle with skunks - can't seem to break him of it. He hates the bathing and deskunking afterwards but can't seem to make the connection that one begets the other. This year has had an abundance of skunks, but we've been diligent about scouting the yard before letting him out so we've only had to deal with this once (so far) this year. Too many times last year

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:16 pm

Now we have a raccoon sleeping in our 600 year old oak tree. I assume raccoons can carry rabies. MY dog has cancer so has no rabies shots. Vet says such shots exacerbate cancer. Worry when I let him outside.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:43 pm

Observant husband. He noticed you smelled different. I wouldn't have even woke up.
:lol:
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Sharon wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:16 pm
Now we have a raccoon sleeping in our 600 year old oak tree. I assume raccoons can carry rabies. MY dog has cancer so has no rabies shots. Vet says such shots exacerbate cancer. Worry when I let him outside.
Not all racoons carry Rabies. Don't worry, Did you plant the Oak tree.........Cj

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:11 pm

LOL very funny. Not that far gone.... 75 on Nov 4

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:14 am

Sorry, I thought you were old.......Cj

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:27 am

Sharon wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:11 pm
LOL very funny. Not that far gone.... 75 on Nov 4
Still a hot, young, chick huh?? :lol:
LIFE WITHOUT BIRD DOGS AND FLY RODS REALLY ISN'T LIFE AT ALL.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:02 am

Absolutely. :)

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:12 am

I don’t know what is more impressive, the accumulated years of knowledge on this forum, or the fact you are all tech savvy enough to share it! :wink:

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

MarkMN

Post by MarkMN » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:53 pm

I had a lab a long time ago that tangled with and killed a skunk when she was a year old. Of course she was liberally sprayed by said skunk. Instead of learning a lesson she developed a life long hatred of them and would kill every skunk she saw unless I could grab her first.