Do you ever wish?

Garrison

Do you ever wish?

Post by Garrison » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:24 am

Do you ever wish you could put a face, name and a handshake to some of the folks you have had the privilege and sometime ill fortune to know on this strange little endeavor we call the forum?

I have learned and applied so much over the past decade, yes decade! Have become really good friends with a couple. Have had my curiosity piqued, more than a few times by the likes of “John Bailey” or the “seal hunting versatile champion”. :D. There are some folks I really miss hearing from, like the doc, chukar12, etc. and there are the ones we lost, like the Whistler and Ezzy. There are also some I am glad to see go. But there are also some stalwarts that keep this conversation going and honorably keep helping those in need.

I know it’s a pipe dream, but I do wish I could share a campfire, a laugh and a drink, while listening to a good story or two with some of the folks that I have spent so much time with over the years talking dogs.

A sincere thanks, to all who keep this conversation going, you know who you are.

Garrison

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Re: Do you ever wish?

Post by slistoe » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:42 am

Yes.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:12 am

every day.... Let's make sure we keep this thread respectful friends, :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:45 am

Hi folks -

In my mind, folks that have the particular affliction(gun dogs) that I seem to have...are at least co-conspirators and friendly sources of valuable information regarding the dog stuffand bird stuff we all get lost in.

I consider most all of the folks I have corresponded with on this and other forums...as friends I have not had the pleasure of meeting face to face...yet.

I sincerely thank the owners of this forum for the opportunity to virtually meet with so many like minded folks from both far and wide. It is indeed special. I also want to thank the moderators, past and present, for keeping the conversations on point and on course. Not an easy job sometimes.

RayG

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:26 pm

Sharon wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:12 am
every day.... Let's make sure we keep this thread respectful friends, :)
See, she even moderates a thank you! :lol: Some big, sometimes thankless shoes to fill, and a great job doing it.

Garrison
“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
- Mark Twain-

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:28 pm

Actually I posted that before I got the "thank you". , but thank you. :lol: Actually, if I made a list of the bad names I've been called over the years, you'd be shocked. Good thing I worked at the jail for 20 years and heard them all before. :wink:
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

mask

Post by mask » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:52 pm

Sharon I don't have a bad word to say about you. You are a voice of reason and do a great job. Thank you to you and all who contribute here.