English Pointer Blood Lines

rich223

English Pointer Blood Lines

Post by rich223 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:27 pm

Hi all this is my first post, can someone enlighten me on the different English Pointer blood lines. You hear of Elhew, Honky Tonk, Miller, Guardrail , Fiddler's ect.. I know Elhew was an actual kennel ouned by Robert Wehle but are these other blood lines actual kennels or are they induviduals that just had outstanding dogs. If they are actual kennels where are they located and who are the ouners?.
thanks Rich

PowerPoint

Re: English Pointer Blood Lines

Post by PowerPoint » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Well-Let see.Scott Miller out of greenfield Mo. has the honky tonk lines,and kennel,which is heavy fiddler bred.he is not the Miller of the "Milller" Lines you asked about either.That would be Ferrell Miller,probably the most influental pioneer in bettering the EP bloodines of modern history.Ferrel is no longer breeding producing dogs under his name or kennel,after a witch hunt a few yares ago that now does not allow him to sell,breed,or trial FDSB dogs.Elhew is another popular line,perhaps too popular in my opinion.Everyone and their brother has attached the Elhew name to their dog breedings,which Im pretty sure dont folllow the same stringent guide lines Bobby Wehle instilled in his dogs.There are superb repesenitives of all these bloodlines,just be careful in you researching-