Abandoned GSP Pups in OK

JessW

Abandoned GSP Pups in OK

Post by JessW » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:08 pm

A girl that works in the same building with me went home to find two abandoned female GSP pups on her door step. She has taken in many strays and abandoned dogs in the past ( I assume some people are getting to know her as someone who will care for them) but she cannot keep these two and she is looking for good homes for them.

She has wormed them and given them a parvo vaccination (as some abandoned Labs that she took in last year had parvo). They appear to be about 6 weeks old and have not had their tails docked. They are black ticked and patched. I have pictures that I can e-mail if someone in the central Oklahoma area is interested in taking them in.

Thanks

TrueBlu Shorthairs

Re: Abandoned GSP Pups in OK

Post by TrueBlu Shorthairs » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:18 am

Sound more like pointers than shorthairs. In OK, there's about 1000 times more pointers than shorthairs.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:30 am

Jess, if you have trouble posting the pictures, I'd be happy to do it for you. E-mail them to the address in my signature line and I'll do the rest.

Greg J.

JessW

Post by JessW » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 pm

I am fairly certain that they are GSPs. They do not have the head and nose of a pointer. I am working under the assumption that anyone who would dump puppies is not going to go to great lengths to dock their tails.....

Greg J.

I appreciate the offer for help posting the pictures. They are on their way to you now.
thanks.

JessW

Post by JessW » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:41 pm

looking again at the pics, they seem lighter than they did in person. They could be liver. I didn't pay very close attention to their nose color.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:33 am

Posting the pics for Jess...

Trey6

Post by Trey6 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:16 am

They kind of look more like cattle dog mixed with something else. Cute though, hope they find a home!

bh99

Post by bh99 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:01 am

The dog on the right in the middle pic looks like he has some blue heeler in him. Not an expert but the top of his head seems awfully wide similar to a heeler.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:02 am

Those are not full blooded, but good luck finding homes, have you tried craigs list?

JessW

Post by JessW » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:27 pm

I thought they were probably a mix of some kind but looking at them I couldn't place it but you are probably right....there are almost as many blue heelers in OK as there are pointers.

the girl wasn't at work today so I don't know if she has had any luck placing them. I will pass on the word about craig's list.