Cabela's Cash Card - be on lookout

gar-dog

Cabela's Cash Card - be on lookout

Post by gar-dog » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:27 pm

For those contemplating a Garmin tracking collar or new firearm, be watching your mail. I just got a cash card that will activate to $150 when you spend $500. So if you are looking to make a sizeable purchase, be sure to bring the card with it and you can go back for $150 of freebies.

Nebraska

Re: Cabela's Cash Card - be on lookout

Post by Nebraska » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:02 pm

Sure makes the Cabela's prices a little easier to swallow....... :wink:

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:37 am

Just received mine. Nice way to get people into the stores. Since we have one close, I will be using mine soon.

With the use of these promotions, the VISA points program, their customer service, their catalog program, excellent delivery (at least in my area), outstanding return services, fun place to take the kids (and wife to shop) I can not find a better "outfitter" for my outdoor needs. All others fall WAY short! I will pay the extra $5 for something...IMO it is well worth it!

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:05 am

Is there an expiration date on that? I'm going to South Dakota in November and we're probably making a side trip to Cabela's.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:17 am

Must be "activated" via a purchase by October 1, 2008 and "coupon" for cash expires Dec. 29, 2008.

There are different levels of cash...

Spend 100-199 get 25 cash
Spend 200-299 get 50 cash
Spend 300-399 get 75 cash
Spend 400-499 get 100 cash
Spend 500 or more get 150 cash

WiskeyJaR

Post by WiskeyJaR » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:02 am

is this to be used in stores only, or do you get same thing shoping online?

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:04 am

I usually get promotions from them, but haven't received this one yet. I got a Cabela's waterfowler's magazine yesterday with the spend 200 get 25 off. I wonder if I contacted them I could get the spend over 500 get 150 off??

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:13 am

This is in-store only. I got a copy of this from my co-worker. She got hers in the mail. I will look for mine when I get home or in the next day or so.

Just and FYI...you do not spend 500 get 150 off THAT purchase. You get 150 for a return trip purchase to a store.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:29 am

PntrRookie wrote:This is in-store only. I got a copy of this from my co-worker. She got hers in the mail. I will look for mine when I get home or in the next day or so.

Just and FYI...you do not spend 500 get 150 off THAT purchase. You get 150 for a return trip purchase to a store.
Thanks for clarifying. Sounded to good to be true, and it is.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:34 am

mtlee wrote:Sounded to good to be true, and it is.
I look at it this way...I planned on buying a range find for 200+ so now on top of that I get a free $50. Plus I live close enough to a store to take advantage of the offer.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:41 am

PntrRookie wrote:
mtlee wrote:Sounded to good to be true, and it is.
Plus I live close enough to a store to take advantage of the offer.
Thats mainly what I was referring to...unfortunately there isn't a retail store anywhere remotely close to SC.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 am

mtlee wrote: Thats mainly what I was referring to...unfortunately there isn't a retail store anywhere remotely close to SC.

That's my problem too. Now if BassPro stepped up with the same deal - I could do some damage!!!:D
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:01 am

phermes1 wrote:
mtlee wrote: Thats mainly what I was referring to...unfortunately there isn't a retail store anywhere remotely close to SC.

That's my problem too. Now if BassPro stepped up with the same deal - I could do some damage!!!:D

Hmmm, wonder if they'd match that deal if you told them you'd buy from them instead of Cabelas? Doubt it.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:39 am

PntrRookie wrote:This is in-store only. I got a copy of this from my co-worker. She got hers in the mail. I will look for mine when I get home or in the next day or so.

I didn't see a requirement for how long before the "next visit" - so I wonder if you could just walk back into the store and use it.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:41 am

mtlee wrote:

Thanks for clarifying. Sounded to good to be true, and it is.

"...and you can go back for $150 of freebies." I thought I was pretty clear.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:45 am

gar-dog wrote:

"...and you can go back for $150 of freebies." I thought I was pretty clear.
I wasn't trying to call you a liar or anything, just stating that a in-store only coupon is worthless for me (and everybody else in the SE).

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:52 am

Before we go off on another tangent (like other threads) :) This may be a "regional" marketing promotion that is only being done in surrounding areas where there are stores. I do not know for sure.

Cabela's offers a LOT of cash back, double points, bargain cave, etc. incentives for it's customers, so do not worry, if you frequent them, I am sure you will get some kind of "coupon" soon! Happy shopping!

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 pm

PntrRookie wrote:Before we go off on another tangent (like other threads) :) This may be a "regional" marketing promotion that is only being done in surrounding areas where there are stores. I do not know for sure.

Cabela's offers a LOT of cash back, double points, bargain cave, etc. incentives for it's customers, so do not worry, if you frequent them, I am sure you will get some kind of "coupon" soon! Happy shopping!
The flier said this is a national event to celebrate 2008 grand openings of stores around the country.

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:51 pm

This close to hunting season I am sure I will need some stuff. On my list is a handheld GPS unit - although with this coupon I may go for the Astro. Dog vest. Chaps, dog first aid kit.... always need shells for clay target shooting. I am interested in a Biovault-type handgun safe too.

demi

Post by demi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:57 pm

Thanks for posting this. I received my card in the mail today and probably wouldn't have paid much attention to it. I will be at Cabella's this weekend doing some dog demonstrations with a NAVHDA club. Hootie Hoo--now I get to do some shopping too!

I don't see why a person couldn't get their card activated and then turn around and go back in :?: or at least go have some lunch and then make your next return visit... :wink: It would be like a Walmart trip for me--I have been there more than once in a day--several times!

gar-dog

Post by gar-dog » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:02 pm

demi wrote:Thanks for posting this.
Thanks. Glad to be of service! Just trying to give back for so many that have helped me along these past 18 months.

sabo38

Post by sabo38 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:38 pm

Scheels in Mankato,MN will honor the Cabela's cards. We bought $1500.00 worth of decoys and gear between 3 of us and we each recieved a $150.00 gift cert. to Scheels.

nj gsp

Post by nj gsp » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:02 pm

You have to activate the card -i.e. visit a store and spend the money - by October 1st. Then you can use the card up until 12/29/08.

Sounds like Cabela's is trying to stack their retail channel up to boost earnings for a strong quarter. Just in time for Christmas...

I DO need new waders, my Simms have no doubt "exceeded their usable life" and will likely not be covered under their "Lifetime" warranty, which isn't MY lifetime, it's the lifetime of the waders - which I think they have determined is about three years.

I also want (but don't need) some goose "floater" and duck decoys. And maybe some new duck and goose calls...

I think I could run up a $500 tab in minutes.

And no, you probably don't need the card in the mail. Last year, I bought some stuff and spent over $500. The cashier said I should go over to the customer service counter and they'd give me a $150 store credit. So I did, and they did. I like Cabela's...

Razor

Post by Razor » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:03 pm

They do this all the time for club members. My gun safe is full thanks to deals like this. The place takes care of their customers for sure.