Guide service/insurance/waiver

phillipsgsp

Guide service/insurance/waiver

Post by phillipsgsp » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 pm

Anyone out there guide hunts for a preserve or wild bird hunting? If so do you have your dogs insured or does the club/preserve have you and your dogs covered in case of a accident? I have heard of clubs that have the hunter sign a waiver that stats you are responsible if you shoot a dog. Just wondering what the general protocall is around the nation and where to get insurance for somthing like that. Also any idea of cost?

Chad
"GET THE POINT" http://www.phillipsgundogs.com Family and Shorthairs, it don't get any better than that!
Phillips' Tiptoe'n Tucker MH
Phillips' Lucy in Diguise SH

tfbirddog2

Re: Guide service/insurance/waiver

Post by tfbirddog2 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:38 pm

Hey, Chad where I guide when customers sign all thier paper work and get thier lisences they sign a contract that says if they shoot a dog they will pay a automatice $500 for vet visit and if the dog dies from complication from the shot it will cost them $4500 dollars.We have had it for 3 t0 4 years and only had one group not sign they drove 4 hours from Denver and turned around pissed off and went back.No one entends to shoot a dog till a accident happens, my lab was shot last year freak deal. Good luck
Todd
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:03 pm

If you hunt with me as guide you sign a pretty extensive contract. Parts of it detail out that everyone carrying a gun is personally responsible and legally liable for anything that happens due to their gun firing. They are also made aware that any dog shot carries a minimum 5,000 cost for injury and 10,000.00 if killed. If I'm shot I just shoot back! CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

phillipsgsp

Post by phillipsgsp » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:01 am

Thanks guys, How or whoam wrote up your contracts? I will probly have my own contract wrote up and have hunters sign it. I know where I guide they have insurance that covers accidents and I do not think dogs are covered. I to had a dog get peppered last year, just took 2 pellets but man it ticks you off when that happens, and less than 5 min. after you just give them the saftey/low flying bird speach. CR would you be able to email me a copy of your contract? so I can see what I should have put in mine.

Chad
"GET THE POINT" http://www.phillipsgundogs.com Family and Shorthairs, it don't get any better than that!
Phillips' Tiptoe'n Tucker MH
Phillips' Lucy in Diguise SH

tfbirddog2

Post by tfbirddog2 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:44 am

Our lodge manager wrote up our contract, and had the lawyer look it over.
" Everyone makes fun of a redneck till their car breaks down"Larry the Cable Guy

coryf

Post by coryf » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:02 pm

I have limited mortality on my dogs which covers them from accidental shooting by a client. I also have my liability insurance through them. I believe they are the most experienced agents in the country.

Call Mourer Foster, Inc. in Michigan

Dennis Stowers
dstowers@mourerfoster.com
http://www.mourerfoster.com
1-800-686-2663