My New Pup

MNGSP

My New Pup

Post by MNGSP » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:06 am

Hi Everyone,
I just thought I'd share a few pictures of my new Puppy. I picked her up from Patty at Country-side Breeders a couple weeks ago. She is by far the most loving dog I have ever owned! She loves to snuggle, and likes to be close to me whenever we are sitting around. She has also proven to have a great nose and drive. I would highly reccomend anybody looking to get a GSP to give Patty a call. She has a great breeding program with awesome dogs, and is more than willing to share any information you may need.

Holly is 8 weeks old.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:17 am

Holly and Jon were over to my house for some "first bird contact" on planted quail. She is mellow, and is going to be a nice one. Knows what a quail is now, for sure, and has a nose!

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:30 am

Thanks John for the kind words and helping me with my pup. I really appreciate it!

Jon

portsider44

Post by portsider44 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:23 am

Great looking pup!!

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:42 pm

portsider44 wrote:Great looking pup!!
Thanks! I'm sure I'll be saying the same to you soon, judging by your sig.

Jon

dhondtm

Post by dhondtm » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:14 pm

very cute, nice photos too.... :lol:

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:28 pm

That's a *fine* looking girl!

Best,

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:18 pm

Thats a great looking puppy. Bet you will have fun with her. Congrats

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:40 am

Thanks to all for the kind words. She is a handful at the moment, that's for sure!
dhondtm wrote:very cute, nice photos too.... :lol:
It's a miracle I was even able to get the pics. I had to be real fast on the trigger with that little beast running full speed around the yard! :lol: :lol:

Jon

Katies Dad

Post by Katies Dad » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:47 pm

I really like the coloring on your pup! Man they grow up fast I remember when mine was that little! Hope you have as much fun as I did with mine!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:35 am

thats a fine looking pup. got a pup myself, a female out of Dixielands Bustin Loose Belle NAFC FC and she is a handfull as you say but a fun handfull. She fetched last nite first time, 5 times then this morning? not once :) but she will soon be consistent. Have you started on any training? Name recognition, here or come and down are the first I start with.

A small pool is another good thing to have around in summer so they can cool off and get used to water. I have also started shooting a blank every now and then, she doesnt even act like she notices. Good luck, you sure have a "keeper" there..
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:01 am

markj wrote:thats a fine looking pup. got a pup myself, a female out of Dixielands Bustin Loose Belle NAFC FC and she is a handfull as you say but a fun handfull. She fetched last nite first time, 5 times then this morning? not once :) but she will soon be consistent. Have you started on any training? Name recognition, here or come and down are the first I start with.

A small pool is another good thing to have around in summer so they can cool off and get used to water. I have also started shooting a blank every now and then, she doesnt even act like she notices. Good luck, you sure have a "keeper" there..
Thanks for the compliments.

Yes I have begun basic "training." At this point its mainly just games, but she responds to her name, NO, OFF, and HERE. We also play fetch a couple times daily. She has been swimming in a local lake once, and was a little shy of it, so I backed off of that until she's a bit older. I'm going to pick up a cap gun today to start getting her used to louder noises.

Jon