Finally Belle comes home.. sort of.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Finally Belle comes home.. sort of.

Post by Ayres » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:00 am

Well we've finally been able to bring Belle (our new 10 mo. old GSP) home. She's been staying with her breeder and a couple littermates while Danyelle and I are building our home. The house isn't finished by any means, but we have got her "home" now for at least three weeks. We were a little worried at first with introducing a new pup into our only dog's environment. Justus can get somewhat territorial at times. But they had about 15 seconds of "figuring it out" (Justus is ahead of Belle in the pack - she has no problem with this), and then they've been at it NON-STOP since. We have to separate them and put them in their kennels to get any peace and quiet in the house. They just won't stop playing and romping and racing around the living room. It gets to the point where you can tell that they're both dog-tired [/pun] but they just keep on playing and romping.

We've said plenty of times that we need to get some good pictures and videos of them playing together, but alas our digi cam is on the fritz and no longer under warranty. Soon, though. When I get a pic or video clip, I'll post it.

In the meantime, here's the photos of our house going up. House Photo Gallery
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

EddieF

Re: Finally Belle comes home.. sort of.

Post by EddieF » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:16 am

I was really worried bringing Winnie home to our two JRTs. Most of that concern was unfounded, and our younger Jack and Winnie play like you describe your dogs. We were just saying the other day, how lucky we were. If I had to be responsible for her expending the amount of energy she burns playing with Gromit, I wouldn't be able to do anything else!

Good luck and congrats on the house and dog.

dlfl

Re: Finally Belle comes home.. sort of.

Post by dlfl » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:33 am

Hope your new pup is all you expect. The real fun starts now!
Dіck