brittany litter info

up-hunter

brittany litter info

Post by up-hunter » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:36 pm

I have a line on a dame being bred that i've had my eye on because of her success in grouse trials here in michigan.

I was wondering if anyboy could tell me more about the stud dog which is a dog call "Just call me roy" I think he is a all age dog and has done pretty good just was looking for some more info.

thanks

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Re: brittany litter info

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:02 pm

Roy has 7 placemments at the Nationals. He is a NFC, 2x NAFC kinda speaks for itself. He hasn't sired that many litters to date I know he has a few juvenile age dogs out there that are placing and derby and puppy stakes. Not sure why he hasn't sired more litters I think he's really hard to get to with the schedule he is on. I think those Wanbli x Roy puppies would be worth a look.
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:11 pm

Roy is a dog that hasn't been bred a lot as far as I know. He has a good trial record. He is a big and a good moving dog but maybe over the standard.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:18 pm

Roys breeding pretty sweet

His sire is NAFC FC AFC Piney Run Sam out of FC marks Pride of Savanha

Top side has Chicks blazen saw tooth sam which is a beans blaze scipios breeding to spotlight which also goes back to scipio

Bottpm side of Roy is Aux-arc mark HOF gun runners far out and some pride and joy breedings
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

NE Vizsla

Post by NE Vizsla » Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:54 pm

ezzy333 wrote:Roy is a dog that hasn't been bred a lot as far as I know. He has a good trial record. He is a big and a good moving dog but maybe over the standard.

Ezzy
Now who is stirring the pot ?? Im sure most people remember that "over the standard" debate that was in a Brittany thread awhile back ? :lol:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:40 pm

Its not stirring the pot when someone asks about pups out of a dog. If he was wanting a pup that he could show or breed it seems to me to be one of the first questions you would ask. If you don't care about the standard then it wouldn't be important. The dog still hunts. But you can see from other threads on here about white GSP's what happens when people have no regards for the breed standards.

I kept a pup oput of our last litter out of my dogs that are on the small side and he has gone at least an inch or two over standard. Thank God I didn't get him sold younger as I was selling him as a show prospect as his type was beautiful. But this is what happens too often when you have dogs out of field trial breeding and it is a problem when you are selling dogs as dual type Brits and don't pay attention to the size thing.

Ezzy

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

huntindog

Post by huntindog » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:14 am

ezzy333 wrote:Roy is a dog that hasn't been bred a lot as far as I know. He has a good trial record. He is a big and a good moving dog but maybe over the standard.

Its not stirring the pot when someone asks about pups out of a dog. If he was wanting a pup that he could show or breed it seems to me to be one of the first questions you would ask. If you don't care about the standard then it wouldn't be important. The dog still hunts. But you can see from other threads on here about white GSP's what happens when people have no regards for the breed standards.

I kept a pup oput of our last litter out of my dogs that are on the small side and he has gone at least an inch or two over standard. Thank God I didn't get him sold younger as I was selling him as a show prospect as his type was beautiful. But this is what happens too often when you have dogs out of field trial breeding and it is a problem when you are selling dogs as dual type Brits and don't pay attention to the size thing.

Ezzy
So are you just talking smack? Or do you have any verifiable info on this claim?

I mean C'mon, Someone could say that your dogs MAYBE be a little gunshy... That wouldn't be right either, unless it had some basis in fact.

What is YOUR basis?
Martin
Blue collar Brittanys
Home of:

FC/AFC Martin's Rusty Diamond Hunter MH "Rusty"
FC/AFC Hang Em' High Talon Hunter MH "Talon"
FC/AFC Martin's Flight Over Denali MH "Deni"
FC/AFC Blue Collar's High Stakes Poker "Poker"
FC Talon's Hope of a Bluecollar Gunrunner

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:27 am

Don't wish to steal the thread, but I have a question for Ezzy.

Not stirring the pot, however, how does one know whether a dog will be in standard to be sold as such?

Do you keep records on size of certain parts of the anatomy, educated quess etc. I understand it is a crapshoot and much can be told from prior breedings and the parents and Grand parents etc.
What do you do with a pup sold, if as you said with the pup you kept, it falls out of standard.

Just curious.

Thanks,
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:38 am

Also there are a good handful+ of DC dogs that are ...Taught to stack in
That is what makes certain handlers more popular cause they do their jobs well Know what judges to show under to get field dogs titled to what ever edge to get those DC titles.

No dog is perfect....You take the good traits and breed for the desired traits breeds one stronger traits to enhance the others weak spots
that is all we can do
though people like the breed and may spin off to agility and obedience The Brittany is classified as a BIRDDOG if we keep breeding for other then that First then you may as well settle for what happened to the poodle which once was a top water fowl dog now classified as a non sporting dog cause people in charge of the Breed Club kept lowering the standard to fit the show ring and not the field.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:53 am

Our pups are guarateed to at least qualify for the purpose you are wanting the pup. If someone is wanting a show quality pup then it is treated just like someone wanting a hunting dog. If the pup doesn't qualify for those activities it is taken back and will be placed in a home where it can fulfill the peoples needs. I have taken back pups that were gunshy even though it was produced by the owner and have taken back pups who are disqualified by the breed standard. If we have any hope of keeping our breeds looking and performing as a single breed and also as they were intended then we have to breed for the best pups in all catagories and not pick and choose what we think is important. That would include size, color, and field aptitude. If the pup can't meet those as minimum requirements then it should be nuetered and not getinto the breeding pool.

We wqrk awfully hard at suppling a dog that meets those standards and also fulfills all of the needs of the person buying the pup while keeping the price as low as we can so a younger family canafford a pup that their kids can grow up with and hopefully experience the hunting activities as well as the fun of competeing with their dogs.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:23 am

http://clubs.akc.org/brit/NationalAllAg ... nships.htm

NFC/NAFC/FC/AFC Just Call ME Roy

2007 4th place NAFC
2006 1st place NAFC
2005 1st place NFC
2004 1st place NAFC

2004 4th place NFC
2003 2nd place NFC

from 2003 -2007 he made his presence known in either the Open or the Amateur National Trial or both

Wanbli has also been making her mark in the brittany world....If I could I would jump on one of these pups myself been hard not to

So many super potential breedings out there for Bird dogs to ahve fun with so little time and kennel space :wink:

up-hunter

Post by up-hunter » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:00 am

Thanks for all the info guys.

Roy looks leggy by his pics, but i'm not sure exactly how big he is.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:37 am

Uphunter,

I am not sure either. I have heard he was oversized. You might check on pups he has produced. Both dogs have proven themselves in the field but know little else about them. I would see what you can find out about them and then make up your mind what you want.

Ezzy

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:46 am

Also Thanks.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:47 am

Are you looking to show? I do not know what roys true size is and IF he is on the tall size doesn't not mean the pups will be tall either...you can have parents that are well with in standards throw tall pups and small pups...we are only human :wink:

if you are just looking for a hunting dog and a trial prospect ...send your deposit if your serious ...i doubt they will have any problems placing those pups

also reviewing wanblis breeding there is a strong line of DC's on her side

so I wouldn't toss the baby out with the bath water Just because the Sire Might or Might not be on the tall size...

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:12 pm

Roy to Wanbli - if you think you might want one of those pups I would just get my money off to them. Doubt there will be much time to decide. If I was in the market for a pup.....