Probly giving awaya million dollar E-Collar Idea

BAYDOG

Probly giving awaya million dollar E-Collar Idea

Post by BAYDOG » Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:41 am

Ok , so maybe it has been looked at, or maybe I should be a product designer. But has anyone looked into melding a Upland training collar / beeper, with a GPS locating system, all in one collar??? I wouldn't need it, but the pointer crowed would love it.
"Been owned by many a great dog, but Lady the AWS by far is the best"

GOD Bless,
Rob G.

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Re: Probly giving awaya million dollar E-Collar Idea

Post by phermes1 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:26 pm

I've heard rumors that Tritronics is already working on it.
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

MataPAto

Post by MataPAto » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:50 pm

I believe most competetive dog events do not allow training aids on the dogs, but do allow tracking collars of a variety of forms. So there will be at least one fairly important venue where keeping them seperate will be required. For hunting, on the other hand...

My favorite "e-collar" idea is pretty simple- I want a transmitter that vibrates when it is transmitting. This would be particularly useful when using an e-collar with gloves. Most of the buttons have pretty good "feedback" that they're pressed, but I want more. The "light that goes on when transmitting" is useless. I have even investigated adding such functionality to existing transmitters- enough so to figure out how cell phones, etc activate their vibrators. Now if only I could convince a distributor to get me some of those components in lots less than 5000 pieces...

Boomer

Post by Boomer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:30 pm

Iv got a better idea, and this will be a seller... I want to invent a "chip" that can be placed under the skin of a dog and will give them the same shock as a ecoller. That would sure cure the problem of "collar wise dogs".... anyone want to invest in the idea with me?

DrahthaaRunner

Post by DrahthaaRunner » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:52 pm

I'm almost positive Garmin has a collar like this already out for a while I dont know if it's exactly what you were thinking of or not. Ill attach a link to one. I dont think that it has a beeper but you could easily add one.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=209&ra=true

Well I just read more about it, it's just a tracking collar no correction feature, you would need this, and a training collar/beeper. That would get expensive.
BAYDOG wrote:Ok , so maybe it has been looked at, or maybe I should be a product designer. But has anyone looked into melding a Upland training collar / beeper, with a GPS locating system, all in one collar??? I wouldn't need it, but the pointer crowed would love it.

Pineywoods

Post by Pineywoods » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:35 pm

BAYDOG wrote:Ok , so maybe it has been looked at, or maybe I should be a product designer. But has anyone looked into melding a Upland training collar / beeper, with a GPS locating system, all in one collar??? I wouldn't need it, but the pointer crowed would love it.

If you had GPS why would you need a beeper ?