rail dancer

up-hunter

rail dancer

Post by up-hunter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:25 pm

I was wondering if anyone on this board has owned a dog or seen a dog run that was sired by rail dancer. I know he was known for is perpotency, was just wondering what impressed you or didn't impress you about the dogs you've seen.

thanks in advance

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Re: rail dancer

Post by lvrgsp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Never owned one, I have seen a female out of Raildancer run a few times, she's a nice dog goes with her handler, good nose, stays to the front...I know he was known to throw a bad bite or two on occasion...I'd get ahold of Ross at Caladen kennels...he might have first hand knowledge on Raildancer pups :wink:

Chip

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:34 pm

I have seen this Rail Dancer grandson/HTA son run - Romeo's Attitude - http://www.dalecreekgundogs.com/dcgdstuddogs.html - and he is classy and has won multiple SD stakes. One of the recent pups he thru is pure joy to watch run and stands her birds like a million bucks - high and tight. She is only a derby and will be tough to beat. Her sister is the one for sale "Jesabell" http://www.dalecreekgundogs.com/dcgdpoi ... rsale.html

Chasin' Mearns

Post by Chasin' Mearns » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:03 pm

up-hunter wrote:I was wondering if anyone on this board has owned a dog or seen a dog run that was sired by rail dancer. I know he was known for is perpotency, was just wondering what impressed you or didn't impress you about the dogs you've seen.

thanks in advance
Why don't you just call Ross and ask him about the Rail Dancer litter he has on the ground right now?

CM

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Up,
You're good at starting threads on this board about certain dogs,and then fading away for some reason.Are you actually looking for a Raildancer line pup or dog or are you just chewing the fat again? Did you ever contact Dr Boser about the Red Setter pup you were intersted in getting a while back? I don't think anyone would know anymore about Raildancer pups or dogs,including Ross Callaway then Gene Casale himself.Link to Railway Kennels attached:
http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache:W7d ... clnk&gl=us
And I don't think anyone could really tell about his offspring with breeding only one litter, and it would definately depend on the breeding female's Quality also.He was a Producer for sure.
If you're interested in a Raildancer pup you can get on Gene's list-1500.00 a pup
Dog On Point!!

up-hunter

Post by up-hunter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 pm

I've talked to ross, I was now just wondering if anyone had any experience.

thanks for the replies so far. i'm looking at a litter harris kennels is going to have, not even sure i'll beable to get one yet as the breeding hasn't taking place.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:34 pm

Never saw Rail Dancer run. I understand he was more of an all age type dog as far as ground application, than a shooting dog.

Saw several dogs out of him in competition. I thinkhe was grandsire to most that I saw. All I saw were long lanky dogs that could eat up the country and find birds while doing it. Most had a good bit of comeback. I myself had a Rail Dancer granddaughter. She ran like the wind, had a choke bore nose and ran flat out, full tilt with a floating tail. She had all the style in the world on point. She t might have made a pretty good field trial dog if she had a better trainer and handler. Unfortunately she was stuck with me and back then I was just getting started in trialing.

You might also want to talk to Frank Henderson or "bleep" Quackenbush of Calico kennels. They owned and campaigned Calico's Star Dancer, one of the more successful Rail Dancer sons.

They might have some insights for you regarding Rail Dancer.

RayG