The Wife Said No!!!!

3Britts

The Wife Said No!!!!

Post by 3Britts » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:46 pm

Told my wife the other day that the next female we keep would be named, "Upper Ridge's Firm Foundation," after which I told her that the call name would be "Fanny." My sense of humour coming out again. The wife said no!
What is the oddest name that you've considered for your next dog?

Casper

Re: The Wife Said No!!!!

Post by Casper » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:46 pm

I know a very well known field trialer that named his pup "Boner". He likes handing the leash off to others asking them to hold his...................

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm

:roll:

My dad named his beagle Elvis. Always sounded strange calling for Elvis in the field.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Had a friend who named his dog Sexy Specks. He went to call the pup in from the yard and yelled "Hey Sexy" and two women out for their morning walk game him a piece of their mind. He decided to use Speck for her call name.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:36 pm

Let's see. We have had a Knuckle Head, Dufus (Duff for short), Chigger, Snake jr, Bob Tail (she was a Cowboy fan), Eddie Munster (Munst for short), and last but not least, my favorite dog of all time - his name was Johnson but you could call him "Babes". All of the names mentioned are retired so I will never use them again.

Ron
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Dennmor

Post by Dennmor » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:45 pm

Ron R wrote:Let's see. We have had a Knuckle Head, Dufus (Duff for short), Chigger, Snake jr, Bob Tail (she was a Cowboy fan), Eddie Munster (Munst for short), and last but not least, my favorite dog of all time - his name was Johnson but you could call him "Babes". All of the names mentioned are retired so I will never use them again.

Ron
Not sure why that's so funny but it is! :?

dennmor 8)
Rather hunt without a gun than without a dog!

Image Image Image

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:13 am

On a post on this site just the other day a guy mentioned a dog named Poppa Chubby whose call name was Woody. I laughed out loud about that name all day long. :lol:

twofeathers

Post by twofeathers » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:01 am

Our house dogs name is D.O.G if you say it fast it sounds like dee-oh--gee the vet said thats an interesting name how do you spell that. I chuckled and said like dog. :oops: :lol:

hpvizslas

Post by hpvizslas » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:43 am

The wife gave me a suggestion the other day for our next pup. We try and have all of our dogs named with an H for the first name and P for the second. She suggested Hillbilly Passion and call name would be Holler. Thought it was catchy. :lol:

Gordon Guy

Post by Gordon Guy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:53 am

Several years ago my wife told me that if I bought another dog she would leave. I worked on her some and she said that she would agree to a getting a pup and give it a Chance. I bought a Gordon Setter pup from ClearCut Kennels. It was Dean's "E" litter, so I had to come up with his registered name using Clearcut and the first letter of the second word had to be an "E". I ended up with..... Clearcut "E"ndova Marriage, his call name was Chance
Tom

JakeDD

Post by JakeDD » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:16 am

The wife suggested we name our last pup Timber. I had no interest in standing in the grouse woods yelling "Timber!", or better yet, the ND prairies yelling the same. People would think (ok, KNOW) I'm a basket case. LOL

alaskantruck

Post by alaskantruck » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:09 pm

I had a dog in college we called "Wampus". Named after the meanest animal that ever lived.
You haven't heard of the Wampus Cat? As I said, it is the meanest animal that has ever lived and had a head on both ends. You must then wonder how it ever
s.....! It didn't, thats why it was so mean.
Have a good day!

Peak

Post by Peak » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:45 pm

my next dog is going to be named "shat". any suggestions on how to fit that in a registered name?

Sir Buckwheat

Post by Sir Buckwheat » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:03 am

The Royal Duke of Spankerdom Call name Spanky.

Got a pup from my brother that he'd been calling Spanky, so I came up with that name for his papers. My wife still laughs about it...

whoa on 'em

Post by whoa on 'em » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:55 am

Once had a shorthair named "Dammit." The name was very fitting. Nothing like being in the field yelling "Dammit come, Dammit whoa, Dammit get in the truck..."
Happiness is a warm gun.