Trying to track down a dog...

V-John

Post by V-John » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:15 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok guys.
A guy I know, whose land I train on had a litter of pups about a year or so back. Pointers.
One of the dogs just struck me. Those dogs didn't get worked very much, so my friend and I, the college professor would get a dog out every now and again and work it on a pigeon or two.
Well, Joe was one of the dogs. He was a different looking dog. he was white, but had a patch over his eye, and I found him to be beautiful. I tell you what, he pointed with an intensity that I've never ever seen before. I truly felt like he was something special. And I've seen a few dogs point. I think he coulda ran like the wind.
I coulda taken that dog, probably for free.
But at the time, it just wasn't right.
So I didn't.
I regret that decision every day I think about it.
I talked to the guy that owned that dog, and he sold him. To either a guy here in Manhattan, or Topeka, which is about 45 minutes away. He doesn't remember who he sold the dog to.
I don't know if the litter was registered with FDSB. The litter was sired by Whipporwill War Dance and the dam was Elhew Americus.
The guy has another litter on the ground, sired by Fibber McGee, and he offered me one of the pups for free... But I'm not really interested in just getting another pup. I was just interested in this particular dog. Does that make sense?
Anyways, does anyone have any ideas on running this dog down?

mikebill11

Re: Trying to track down a dog...

Post by mikebill11 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:09 pm

I know you want that specific dog, but if he is offering you a pup out of Elhew Fibber McGee I would take the Fibber McGee pup. Elhew Fibber McGee is a great dog and a great producer. Not sure how to go about trying to track down that dog. Even if you could track down that dog, what is the likely hood that the owner would want to sell it. If the dog is already trained if he were to sell it he may want several thousand dollars. I would love to have a Fibber McGee pup.